Go to page:

Humor category for this site

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

Hi people of earth(earthlings).Let's discuss an important matter that will save lives and cure cancer.That is adding a humor section in the publish poems section.Let's hook administration up with whether or not we want this and any suggestions for its name.I say hello yes we want it and we should call it Timmy

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015
Forum Posts: 524

Laughing my motherfucking ass off Category. That would be lit

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Another category????  what it this, some kind of joke????

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Strangely the stand up comedy team I once worked for, considered having a catagory for poetry. They decided against it as all poems had a subject... "Love poetry" for example. I'd think the same of those bastards coming here. Fuck em!  If they want to make a love joke, they should put it in the love catagory! If it's a sex joke they can stick at me. If it's racisist they can use "anger" like normal people.

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015
Forum Posts: 524

Ohhh maybe the Joking Off category

UbiquitousVoid
. . . . . . . . .
Thought Provoker
United States 11awards
Joined 11th Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 245

I agree. While I don't write humour, I sometimes enjoy a good chuckle, and a devoted category for it would make these easier to find.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Respectfully, the main problem I see with that is if someone isn't looking for a humorous love poem, they're not going to check it out.  But if it's in the Love category, there's more of a chance they will and who knows, might like it.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Plus the unfortunate problem of defining 'humour' if someone takes offence or if the humour is too edgy. Or if the humour is simply a single punch line in a whole love or dark poem.
(And then there is the rather awkward issue of it being 'humour' or 'humor').

A competition or thread for humour poems, might be better at saving lives and curing cancer than a new poem category: a more focussed way to create awareness and results.

poet Anonymous

highwaytohell said:Hi people of earth(earthlings).Let's discuss an important matter that will save lives and cure cancer.That is adding a humor section in the publish poems section.Let's hook administration up with whether or not we want this and any suggestions for its name.I say hello yes we want it and we should call it Timmy Yes fella, some of my verse is definatly tongue in cheek and I have to try fit it into other catagories. How about a dark humour catagory. that would work

poet Anonymous

What about a black humor catagory?

poet Anonymous

Viddax said:Plus the unfortunate problem of defining 'humour' if someone takes offence or if the humour is too edgy. Or if the humour is simply a single punch line in a whole love or dark poem.
(And then there is the rather awkward issue of it being 'humour' or 'humor').

A competition or thread for humour poems, might be better at saving lives and curing cancer than a new poem category: a more focussed way to create awareness and results.
viddax why do you have to delve so deep. I cant cure cancer but I think its probably humor. The old english way. Dont second guess me I live in the spooky island of ghosts. Also VIDDAX can you cure cancer? NO. But I bet if you lend me your bonjela I can make my sandwich numb tasting

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

"The Old English way"? Second guess and ghosts? Bonjela? What exactly are you saying?

I never said that I or you or anyone can cure cancer, but that a competition or thread on that topic (like stand up to cancer) is better focussed for spreading awareness of cancer, through connection with humour. Or in simpler words: a cancer awareness thread is more effective than a humour category. Laughter may be the best medicine, but it doesn't always heal the scars and purge the illness.

A dark humour or black humour is also more liable to problems of defining comedy and humour and of offence. Plus it smacks a bit too much of micro-managing: of having categories such as drug-dark-humour-love that cover pretty much everything and are too lazy to be definitive or exact. - That if they seem a rubbish love poem claim to be a dark poem or new style and end up being any old bunch of random words.

archetype23
Tyrant of Words
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 3672

DEAR DIAREAHA

I write these words down today upon my writer's stool, yet there is no stool,
only the quick, flowing bursts of pain being released from the violent torment
stirring deep within the bowels of my soul.
   I could spurt out these lines of ink eternally,                                                                                                                                but alas, I fear that I will soon run out of paper,
my anguish exploding onward
into the tormented stench of liquid truth
which continues to pour out
from my innermost being

My time on the throne always seems to be complete
before I am called back for an unexpected duty
repetitive tasks to be performed
wandering back and forth to and from the throne
Will this fluid beast ever fully be released?
or is this nothing more than a failed wish,
a lament of some bad fish
consumed at the feast

Yeah, no dark humor or even just humor category to put this in, so, hell, I'll just
post it with the other misc heartfelt poems that didn't have a place for it

Shadowjoe
Strange Creature
Trinidad and Tobago
Joined 28th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 3

I dont write humour

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: