Go to page:

Reorganization

poet Anonymous

JohnnyBlaze said:

What one considers his or her best work is also subjective.

You may want to consider sharing some of it in order to receive feedback other than It must be good if I got paid for it, because I guarantee that in some instances it could be even better.

No matter what you think, many "finished" or "published" poems can be improved.

Thanks but I will pass on that presumptious suggestion and rude approach towards someone new on this forum.

Not new to poetry.  New to this forum.  So far I've seen little that encourages me to stay.  Especially the arrogance and unfriendly manner from so many who think that because they've visited a particular forum for longer that they must somehow be more knowledgeable.  That is a ridiculous laugh.

NOT ONE OF YOU have addressed what my suggestion actually entails, instead making assumptions and derailing the topic to fit your ego, saying, indirectly, "listen to me because I know what is best" and making suggestions that have little if not zero to do with what I wrote in my first post.

I am starting to see why there are 23K members but only a handful are ever online at a time or post anymore.

Thank-you all for helping me realize this is not the place for me.

poet Anonymous

Inward_Hues said:

NOT ONE OF YOU have addressed what my suggestion actually entails, instead making assumptions and derailing the topic to fit your ego, saying, indirectly, "listen to me because I know what is best" and making suggestions that have little if not zero to do with what I wrote in my first post.

I did address your topic and you asked me if i was an owner or moderator. i told you my opinion on your suggestion and offered suggestions on where you could look to get paid or if you were looking for a more structured atmosphere.

poet Anonymous

JohnnyBlaze said:Perhaps a new suggestion is in order.

Please make it so that members with less than * insert number here * poems uploaded per month will not be allowed to make suggestion threads.

Because it really is about quantity, not quality.  I get it.  you could also just not reply to the suggestion.  Do you think your viewpoint is THAT important?  Heh.  Look at the Universe.  If you can.  It is far more vast than you can fathom, yet in this solar system, a speck of the universe, earth is but a mini-speck.  Not even as big, since quantity means so much to you, as Jupiter or Saturn or even Neptune.  And on Earth, America is an even tinier speck.  Probably, no, definitely, the Universe would not even miss this Solar System if one day it simply vanished.  Yet amidst all this vastness, and in the midst of all these specks, here on DUP, you are a big man.

Well done.

Don't worry, you are getting your wish.  I will not be coming back.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Inward_Hues said:

Thanks but I will pass on that presumptious suggestion and rude approach towards someone new on this forum.

Not new to poetry.  New to this forum.  So far I've seen little that encourages me to stay.  Especially the arrogance and unfriendly manner from so many who think that because they've visited a particular forum for longer that they must somehow be more knowledgeable.  That is a ridiculous laugh.

I am starting to see why there are 23K members but only a handful are ever online at a time or post anymore.

Thank-you all for helping me realize this is not the place for me.

Inward_Hues said:

Because it really is about quantity, not quality.  I get it.  you could also just not reply to the suggestion.  Do you think your viewpoint is THAT important?  Heh.  Look at the Universe.  If you can.  It is far more vast than you can fathom, yet in this solar system, a speck of the universe, earth is but a mini-speck.  Not even as big, since quantity means so much to you, as Jupiter or Saturn or even Neptune.  And on Earth, America is an even tinier speck.  Probably, no, definitely, the Universe would not even miss this Solar System if one day it simply vanished.  Yet amidst all this vastness, and in the midst of all these specks, here on DUP, you are a big man.

Well done.

If you are adverse to having your "best" poetry critiqued, so be it.

poet Anonymous

Inward_Hues said:

Well done.

listen, dude. chill.

is your suggestion that important?

first, you haven't been a member long enough to know how the place works. so making a suggestion without really investigating how it already works, and figuring out member personalities, you come off like you know better. which is going to set people's teeth on edge.

second, this is our home and you come in here guns blazing and make comments about members (even if you are not mentioning any names) and we take offense.

so come back or not. whatever.

edit: Johnny's suggestion for a certain number of poems before making a suggestion is in relation to actually being a part of the community for more than a day. not how many poems poems are published.

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Lol! I suck at forms.
Free verse is the only way I could freely.express. but I am learning here, leisurely without pressure. The way it is, is very much appreciated. Any major changes would probobly arrest me as I am a very.basic tech kiddo.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Ok, I'll address your concerns:

First, if you want to know who the moderators are, here's where you find us:

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/moderators/

^^Anyone with the groovy purple "Guardian of Shadows" under their avatar and such, would be a mod.

Second, the poem categories are set as you see them to encompass topics and genres, not styles of writing.  You can put any style of writing into any of the genres as you post your work, be it your "best" or not your best.  Reorganizing that would take a major website upgrade on the part of the Webmiss, who owns the site, and considering the fact that we just had a total overhaul within the past year and transitioned to a newly designed layout with a number of new features,  I highly doubt we'll be seeing another massive undertaking anytime soon, as our Webmiss does her best to keep this place running for us while living her life outside of the internet.

Third, use this site how it works best for you, and let everyone else do the same as it applies to them, personally.  We all write for many reasons, we are here for many reasons, we stay for many more reasons, but none of us get paid to be here, Mods included.  This is a workshop, discussion and networking site, among many other things it has morphed into as an online community.  If you want pay and glory for your work, then perhaps Donald Trump or Hillary could hire you as a new speech-writer for themselves, since everything that comes out of both their mouths, makes me want to write in Jimmy Carter on my ballot, and vote for him in November... (he's still eligible to serve another term, you know...)

Here, we are all colleagues, friends and a family of sorts--for that, you don't need anything else, but to just enjoy the ride.

poet Anonymous

MadameLavender said:
makes me want to write in Jimmy Carter on my ballot, and vote for him in November... (he's still eligible to serve another term, you know...)

three cheers for that notion!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

What I've seen here from the beginning of this thread is someone making excuses not to post his poetry and being hostile for the sake of perpetuating more excuses not to post his poetry.

I stand by my initial comment.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 417

As a bitter being myself, with an appreciation for bitterness from others, I will miss dude....

Go to page:
Go to: