Should DU Have A Category for depression?

51.43% • 18 votes • Yes
31.43% • 11 votes • No
17.14% • 6 votes • maybe
Total votes: 35
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Should DU Have A Category for depression?

HarleyQinn_2
DarkSnake1010
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 218

Should Pu Have A List For ADepression Description ?

Do U?
What Do You Think Of This?
Or, What Do You Want Pu To Change To make It Better For Our Site?
Explain.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

I simply don't
understand the
question...

HarleyQinn_2
DarkSnake1010
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Feb 2016

changed it,sorry about th

russiamagda
Twisted Dreamer
United States 4awards
Joined 20th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 83

As someone who's had depression for years, I feel as though it's not a good idea, as depression forums usually just turn out to be the romanticization of my suffering and struggle. So, no.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Yes, reading some of the badly written erotic poetry here does depress me.

HarleyQinn_2
DarkSnake1010
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Feb 2016

russiamagda said:As someone who's had depression for years, I feel as though it's not a good idea, as depression forums usually just turn out to be the romanticization of my suffering and struggle. So, no.

I Totally * UNDERSTAND *  russiamagda I also Have Depression Really Bad ,I Thought The Catorgy Of Depression Was A Good Topic To Talk About Because If You Bottle In It's Not Going To Help. I've Done It And It's Always Good To Let Some Depression Out. But I Fully Agree With U Also. Some Things In Want You Talk About Can Be Hurtful. I Think It Would Be Good For others To Lease Try It.it Never Hurt To Try It In See. But Thanks For Your Honesty And Thought
Thanks Harley xoxo

HarleyQinn_2
DarkSnake1010
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Feb 2016

JohnnyBlaze said:Yes, reading some of the badly written erotic poetry here does depress me.

I Agree On This. Something To Try In See How It Goes, Thanks For The Responds My Friend
Harley xoxo

HarleyQinn_2
DarkSnake1010
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Feb 2016

dartford said:I simply don't
understand the
question...

what don't u understand hun?
Harley xoxo

HarleyQinn_2
DarkSnake1010
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Feb 2016

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Definitely not. One of the main features of depression is that it is narcissistic and feeds upon itself. A category devoted to it would only encourage such narcissism and create an 'I'm more depressed than you' one-upmanship.

DevilsPoet
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 30th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 12

I'm going to say maybe and just an FYI did anyone tell you  that you put a Pu instead of Du in the question that you were asking

poet Anonymous

JohnnyBlaze said:Yes, reading some of the badly written erotic poetry here does depress me.

Thank you for the laugh!

russiamagda
Twisted Dreamer
United States 4awards
Joined 20th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 83

Astyanax said:Definitely not. One of the main features of depression is that it is narcissistic and feeds upon itself. A category devoted to it would only encourage such narcissism and create an 'I'm more depressed than you' one-upmanship.

Finally, someone else who sees this the same way I do. It's like suffering is now a competition, with which we try to validate our pain upon others as worse, as if it were something worth bragging about.

dmccartan
Dave McCartan
Lost Thinker
United States 1awards
Joined 21st Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 11

I can see your point of view with the whole competition of suffering thing. The same thing happens in the drug poem category. I'm  guilty of that myself I think.   At the same time reading about the trails and tribulations of others makes me feel validated in a way. That I'm not the only one who's this fucked up in the head. That there is light at the end of the tunnel, I've read some dark poems on there that had a deep positive meaning. I get more out of reading a good poem on here then I do at Na. I think it is a good idea to have a depression category.  If even one person reads it and can find something positive in it then it is a complete success.

Go to page:
Go to: