Page:

Humour

blocat
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2012
Forum Posts: 241

Life is not all serious and no complete coverage is possible without a  category for humour don't you agree?

dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

most of my stuff is pretty laughable...
what about an 'awful'
category..:)

Cannaballester
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 3rd Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 112

I have always thought there should be a humor category,,,where you can make fun of things or just write comedy

SURVIVOR
Fire of Insight
United States 7awards
Joined 11th July 2015
Forum Posts: 130

I have to agree, it also would be great for inspiration. I have problems with funny or humor. So pretty please➰

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

my humor now goes under misc.

SURVIVOR
Fire of Insight
United States 7awards
Joined 11th July 2015
Forum Posts: 130

Thanx, I'll try there more often!

blocat
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2012

Well yup I have yet to find anyone against it it may just be a case of not enough for it. Misc. is a good platform I'm sure I'll do more there in future. (Or maybe start a comedy blog!????
Thanks for replying folks.

rain1courtel
RainC
Tyrant of Words
United States 38awards
Joined 3rd June 2012
Forum Posts: 230

.....I endorse this post!  
#hugs funnyman

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6697

And what exactly is a humour category?
Is it a poem that makes you laugh or that makes someone else laugh, regardless of whether it is offensive or not. Or is just random bits, cry lolz and release the roflcopters of words; random scraps that barely have any place or use.
Any comedy piece can easily fit into fiction or non-fiction categories at the moment, and can fit into an other category with lots of thought.

It is not that I am against a new category, or a humour category, but such a category would not add that much really more than making defining some poems slightly easier for the poet. Yet if questioned and flagged as inappropriate such a category is not easy to defend: what can make one laugh can offend another or be bland to another entirely. Such classification also opens the floodgates for more minor tweak categories, like having religion a separate category from atheism category.

And so on and so forth, down the rabbit hole, to where nobody knows or cares really.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

something seems a little funny about this whole idea.

MrMustachieo
Strange Creature
Canada
Joined 27th May 2016
Forum Posts: 4

Im only here to make my post quota

blocat
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2012

I can't agree with you mate. Any category can be offensive if it the intent of the author to be so. If, however, one were looking for the lighter side of poetry either to read or express themselves then that category would be plain and unambiguous. It would help anyone find that they want straight away without wading through Misc or prose etc.. Of course there is dark humour but one can easily sort the wheat from the chaff. As humour (Of all shades) is a part of life then a site without it is not reflecting the true state of existence.
Peace!

MayRayn
May Rayn
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 10th May 2016
Forum Posts: 113

Just wondering: I would have thought Upbeat would have covered most humorous poetry, except for dark humor, which would go into Dark or a number of other categories, such as Love poems, etc. What say you, blocat?

(Didn't know there was a post quota; if so, I'm way over - lol).

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

We now have themes for #funny, #parody and #satire

Check out this discussion for more info on this new feature:
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/dispatch-box/discussion/900/

Page:
Go to: