Go to page:

DU Supporters

billy423uk
Thought Provoker
Joined 28th Mar 2010
Forum Posts: 299

hemihead said:[quote-171943-billy423uk][quote-171758-Indie][quote-171754-billy423uk]so that 60 pounds a year per person. if 100 take part that's 6,000 pounds. how much does a larger server cost?
It's not really so much about the money as it is about the upkeep of the site, and the time and effort put into it. This place doesn't run on air. There are many poetry sites where it is mandatory to pay your way into. I support the idea of supported membership to keep this place running, and we should all be grateful that there are people willing to but some cash on the line so we have a free site. [/quote]
so basically you're saying it's okay to be a profit making site?

i run a site, and pay for my servers. i also pay for an ad free flash players etc. we have no ads, it's a good idea to get payments off members but it can soon become a cash cow. at the very most a good reliable server and hosting plan for a forum comes in way under a couple of thousand, here you have 11500 members. if only 1% pay 5 dollars thats...do the maths. now do the math on 1% paying $5 a month, will mods get paid? or does the owner keep the change, does what's left go to the next years server, do you get to see how much is collected. see yas[/quote]

That's the beauty of maths...it'll say anything you want it too.

There are not 11500 members here who are willing to put cash in, but there are maybe 50 who would throw in some pocket money...and if they want too, let 'em. The day I see the webmiss in a porsche with "sponsored by the DUP" written on it I'll know it's time to start writing for money...until then, well, fucking relax baby.[/quote]

maths, it's good if you can understand it.   i said 1 percent which is 115, some here are talking about one off payments, payments of 10 dollars a month. okay so you can't buy a porche but it can become another revenue stream. work out the 50 at 5 to 10 bucks a month as for relaxing, i don't need some prick who can't do maths telling me to fucking relax ...baby

billy423uk
Thought Provoker
Joined 28th Mar 2010

Gg78 said:[quote-171959-billy423uk][quote-171945-Gg78]Why don't the ones that do not have an interest in helping just not say anything. If she needs help and some are willing, call them suckers and keep your comments to yourself.
sorry i didn't realise i could only post if i agreed [/quote]

I didn't say that. But why take from the lady? Even if it was to buy a house or a car. It's her site if she chooses to charge so be it. If you have it do it. If you don't then don't! She never said yes it's a must. People (me included) said they would donate. Let them. If they loose their money freak it. They did what they wanted to do. Post whatever you like just saying. [/quote]

i thought this was a forum? i don't really care what happens, or what people do with their money. i'm playing devil's advocate.

it's that "why take from the lady" mentality (no offence intended) that makes me smile. everything bar the administration on here is all yours, it's all your work, it's you and all the other who are giving, and now you're going to pay to give fair enough.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

billy423uk said:[quote-171947-hemihead][quote-171943-billy423uk][quote-171758-Indie][quote-171754-billy423uk]so that 60 pounds a year per person. if 100 take part that's 6,000 pounds. how much does a larger server cost?
It's not really so much about the money as it is about the upkeep of the site, and the time and effort put into it. This place doesn't run on air. There are many poetry sites where it is mandatory to pay your way into. I support the idea of supported membership to keep this place running, and we should all be grateful that there are people willing to but some cash on the line so we have a free site. [/quote]

i run a site, and pay for my servers. i also pay for an ad free flash players etc. we have no ads, it's a good idea to get payments off members but it can soon become a cash cow. at the very most a good reliable server and hosting plan for a forum comes in way under a couple of thousand, here you have 11500 members. if only 1% pay 5 dollars thats...do the maths. now do the math on 1% paying $5 a month, will mods get paid? or does the owner keep the change, does what's left go to the next years server, do you get to see how much is collected. see yas[/quote]

There are not 11500 members here who are willing to put cash in, but there are maybe 50 who would throw in some pocket money...and if they want too, let 'em. The day I see the webmiss in a porsche with "sponsored by the DUP" written on it I'll know it's time to start writing for money...until then, well, fucking relax baby.[/quote]

maths, it's good if you can understand it.   i said 1 percent which is 115, some here are talking about one off payments, payments of 10 dollars a month. okay so you can't buy a porche but it can become another revenue stream. work out the 50 at 5 to 10 bucks a month as for relaxing, i don't need some prick who can't do maths telling me to fucking relax ...baby[/quote]

How are them tight titties workin' out for ya? All I'm hearing, Mr Devils Advocate, is pissing on parades...people wanna give...what ya gonna do?

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

I'll pay to be apart of it. Yes I donate to lesser causes why not? I just donated a full meal to a family today. They had no light electric gas etc. so I cooked them a meal. I donate to a church I have no belief in and never attend!! What ever floats my boat right?

billy423uk
Thought Provoker
Joined 28th Mar 2010

hemihead said:[quote-171966-billy423uk][quote-171947-hemihead][quote-171943-billy423uk][quote-171758-Indie][quote-171754-billy423uk]so that 60 pounds a year per person. if 100 take part that's 6,000 pounds. how much does a larger server cost?

maths, it's good if you can understand it.   i said 1 percent which is 115, some here are talking about one off payments, payments of 10 dollars a month. okay so you can't buy a porche but it can become another revenue stream. work out the 50 at 5 to 10 bucks a month as for relaxing, i don't need some prick who can't do maths telling me to fucking relax ...baby[/quote]

How are them tight titties workin' out for ya? All I'm hearing, Mr Devils Advocate, is pissing on parades...people wanna give...what ya gonna do?[/quote]

not give, enjoy the parade

kourtnissixxx
Dangerous Mind
12awards
Joined 12th July 2011
Forum Posts: 928

I've been free loading off this site for almost two years so I will gladly help donate. Although, the suggestion about possibly  using credit or debit would be preferable.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
opheliac
Dangerous Mind
9awards
Joined 29th Aug 2009
Forum Posts: 2122

Im very much willing to contribute to the site since i've practically grew up here. (a member since 2009!) But im not sure whether i can afford a monthly contribution because im a student and i don't work full time. Can i be paying some donation whenever i can without setting up a monthly payment?

poet Anonymous

I am willing to pay a yearly fee of 25 dollars (USD)
which is what I pay for my FLICKR PRO account.
Now the PRO account makes it possible to upload
UNLIMITED numbers of photos.
The FREE account makes only 200 permissible.
I think a YEARLY account is EASIER.
Why?  If you do not have a credit card or paypal
jut buy a Visa or Mastercard or even a Paypal card
and add about 40 dollars to it....you are set for a year.
Flickr has tons of members...even poor students..
Most opt for a yearly PRO membership...because
when you are taking lot and lots of photos
you can just bulk upload them.

Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/gift

Looking for the perfect gift?

Everybody needs a Flickr Pro account.

How does the gift of Flickr work?

When you purchase a Pro account for someone, we'll give you a gift code that you can either email or print out in a nifty gift card (see below). The recipient of your gift then goes to the gift activation page and types in the code. Easy!

If your friend doesn't have a Flickr account, we'll help them set one up. Or, if they're already a Pro, your gift will allow them to enjoy Pro status for that much longer! Learn more.

Super Sexy Gift Certificate card folding instructions

Just $24.95 for a 1 year pro account. That's about $2 a month!

Buy Now!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Abracadabra
Tyrant of Words
Kiribati 21awards
Joined 13th Nov 2009
Forum Posts: 2528

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/2481-how-to-make-a-fortune-from-poetry/

How I agonized over that bottom line.
It kept me awake then and it still does now... if I let it.

But if the ad revenue here doesn't cover site overheads
then a simple 'DONATE' button,
where poets give what they're able to afford,
like the one at 'Poetry Critical' linking to paypal, visa, etc,
seems long overdue...
Some form of two tier membership
... for pro writers, as per 'Writer's Network' might work long term.

With the church roof in ruins
it's cool to stare at the sky for a while
but when the rain gets heavy
even the best webmiz in the world
needs an umbrella DUP style...

poet Anonymous

I think that the names and such are nice...but we MUST support this site ....it is WORTHY of support.  A YEARLY fee is much easier for me...I just pay once...mastercard, visa, paypal or a pre-bought card and no worry for a year.

poet Anonymous

http://clanscatswarriors.webs.com/Blue_Eyed_Kitten_by_twilightchild91.jpg

Us CAT PEOPLE....want something a little more feline

BROOM said
How about an icon suggestion,
I was thinking maybe an Indian Dream Catcher?
Maybe depending on your current rank status will decide
the color.
example I'm a fire of insight, so maybe a red one would be an appropriate icon and color.
Or Twisted dreamer might be a Blue Dream Catcher and
a Strange Creature could have the color orange and so on
any thoughts?
just saying...

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: