Nuisances On DUP?

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

MadameLavender said:

Yes, it's called "go join The Pit at the other site, if people want to be complete asshats and show no decorum for their fellow DUP members .

Why was that called for? I was just making a polite suggestion, not demanding anything.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

Sadly, moderator powerlessness is nothing new. The reason I stopped being a moderator like 7 or 8 years ago now was because we had a psychopath on who kept sending women death and rape threats, and the moderators kept letting him back on the site. To be fair, they had no power to ban him.

Mod functionality is vastly different now, and when I first joined here,  and became a mod , the current mods at the time (not you), rarely logged in, didn't interact with each other and I was pretty much floundering alone .  so I believe it's not so much powerlessness as it (was) an apathetic group at the time.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

Why was that called for? I was just making a polite suggestion, not demanding anything.

That wasn't aimed at you, but rather a nod to what I felt was a very good idea on your part.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

Not a criticism, just a question out of curiosity: do moderators have the power to exact temp and perma bans for abusive behaviour now? That wasn't the case in my moderating days.

Yes -- we are able to carry the site in many ways, now, to assist with the workload that the webmiss has.

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

MadameLavender said:

Yes -- we are able to carry the site in many ways, now, to assist with the workload that the webmiss has.

That’s good to hear. Thank you for answering my questions and I'm sorry if I misread the situation. I’ve only just returned after a hiatus and am not aware of the context.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

MadameLavender said:

Mods attend to every report that comes in and as Craig said, the outcome wasn't what you personally expected.

The only time that public revelations "have to be public revelations" , is when people don't join in, in agreement with the furrows for everyone's thoughts and opinions, that you guys create .  

That's when all the reporting, micromanaging, waving dicks and stomping feet, happen.

You have yourself a nice day, too.

What was "expected" was a post calling another member ( who happens to be trolling us, btw ) an "idiot" to be dealt with because it violates guidelines. What we "expect" is that moderators are held to the same standards that members are in regards to adhering to site guidelines in regards to calling people names. What we "expect" is for YOU, as a mod, to deal with those who are publicly trolling us in whatever means you have available to you so that we can enjoy this site just like everyone else.

Craic has publicly called me a "fucking idiot" and a "Karen" repeatedly, and my father, a decorated war veteran, a "jarhead". He's repeatedly divulged the nature of confidential reports ( that we have been repeatedly told by yourself to file, i.e. - "Ignore and report! Ignore and report!" ) publicly by inferring said reports aren't justified in filing when they bloody well are justified in filing. Only to go ignored.

Make your minds up. Can members ( including moderators ) call people names or no? Can mods divulge confidential reporting publicly or no? Can members continuously troll other members or no?

We "expect" straighforward answers.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

MadameLavender said:

Mods attend to every report that comes in and as Craig said, the outcome wasn't what you personally expected.

The only time that public revelations "have to be public revelations" , is when people don't join in, in agreement with the furrows for everyone's thoughts and opinions, that you guys create .  

That's when all the reporting, micromanaging, waving dicks and stomping feet, happen.

You have yourself a nice day, too.

Thanks for acknowkedging that I FILED REPORTS THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS, when you sat there and publicly chastized me as if I hadn't. Does the phrase "Digging a hole to China" mean anything to you?

Honestly, if you would stop dry humping the fence of "Mod Solidarity" and take your fingers out of your ears for just one minute, you might realize I DON'T FUCKING CARE.

We ( Ahavati and I ) were being trolled and continue to be trolled. The Webmiss and "The Mods" ( that includes YOU ) knew about it with proper reports filed and documentation submitted.

Now everyone else knows. TADA!

And now they know even more information that they wouldn't have known, thanks to you.

Why this is so hard for you to comprehend is beyond me, but ... whatever. Keep pretending to be the only adult in a room full of children as you always do. It worked out SO WELL the last time when we were being trolled by someone for an entire year and our complaints were ignored, while we  ignored that person for an entire year ... right?

Oh, wait ... make that two years, because he's STILL mouthing off about us with inferences on his way out the door.

Right.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

JohnnyBlaze said:
We ( Ahavati and I ) were being trolled and continue to be trolled. The Webmiss and "The Mods" ( that includes YOU ) knew about it with proper reports filed and documentation submitted.

And why do you think it is, that you were" trolled and continue to be trolled"  ?   Perhaps you opened the door to it yourselves with some of the trollish comments you yourselves have made to those who don't agree fully with you on everything ?

If you spent your energies in ways other than constantly documenting everything that goes on around here, maybe people would stop feeling like you've monopolized the whole site into the J & A Show that fluidly filters into your own website--- nice touch, displaying NAPO winners over there with the DUP logo poem worm trophy.  Did you get permission from everyone to use their avatar images and from the webmiss to use her logo?  Where's your proper documentation on that ?
http://poeticmedics.com/napowrimo_2020_poems.html

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

MadameLavender said:

And why do you think it is, that you were" trolled and continue to be trolled"  ?   Perhaps you opened the door to it yourselves with some of the trollish comments you yourselves have made to those who don't agree fully with you on everything ?

If you spent your energies in ways other than constantly documenting everything that goes on around here, maybe people would stop feeling like you've monopolized the whole site into the J & A Show that fluidly filters into your own website--- nice touch, displaying NAPO winners over there with the DUP logo poem worm trophy.  Did you get permission from everyone to use their avatar images and from the webmiss to use her logo?  Where's your proper documentation on that ?

Oh, for fucks sake.

You are offcicialy dead to me again.

And I need some Tylenol.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

MadameLavender said:

This

reality is you bring it on yourselves. stop acting like you're the police here. the actual moderators have things in hand

If that's not satisfactory, maybe find somewhere else

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MadameLavender said:

I'm suddenly way too calm.

I have been a member of this site for almost six years. In those six years I have never personally attacked anyone, nor called anyone a name, outside of "Mr Know-it-all" to arortiz.  

Webmiss is FULLY aware of the page at Poetic Medics. She USED it as a guide to develop the Official NaPo page. We have FULL permission to use the DU logo since it's a DU event as well as feature the classic corner poets. Furthermore, it is understood by each participant of either that they will be featured on our site to promote both DU and their personal poetry. Which is WHY we post it in the speakeasy and they are APPRECIATIVE for the promotions.

There's your documentation: ask Webmiss.  

Let me ask one more thing, it is a victim's fault when raped because they're wearing a certain outfit? Did they ask for it?

I didn't ASK nor troll arortiz despite his posting poetry in my name; comments in our threads, and stalking my comments on member's poetry.  I do not KNOW HIM. I just want him to leave me the fuck alone.  I completely ignore drone, so the answer to your question in regards to trollish comments is NO.

I did not bring this upon myself. Next question or inference in attempts to absolve your own behaviour?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

MadameLavender said:

lepperochan said:

This

reality is you bring it on yourselves. stop acting like you're the police here. the actual moderators have things in hand

If that's not satisfactory, maybe find somewhere else

It's like two planets suddenly came into alignment.

Ahavati said:

I'm suddenly way too calm.

I have been a member of this site for almost six years. In those six years I have never personally attacked anyone, nor called anyone a name, outside of "Mr Know-it-all" to arortiz.  

Webmiss is FULLY aware of the page at Poetic Medics. She USED it as a guide to develop the Official NaPo page. We have FULL permission to use the DU logo since it's a DU event as well as feature the classic corner poets. Furthermore, it is understood by each participant of either that they will be featured on our site to promote both DU and their personal poetry. Which is WHY we post it in the speakeasy.

There's your documentation: ask Webmiss.  

Let me ask one more thing, it is a victim's fault when raped because they're wearing a certain outfit? Did they ask for it?

I didn't ASK nor troll arortiz despite his posting poetry in my name; comments in our threads, and stalking my comments on member's poetry.  I do not KNOW HIM. I just want him to leave me the fuck alone.
I completely ignore drone, so the answer to your question in regards to trollish comments is NO.

I did not bring this upon myself. Next question or inference in attempts to absolve your own behaviour?

^THIS^

God help everyone else on this website that doesn't speak up for themselves.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

well, you've both been told by two moderators. simple as that.  "you're officially dead to me" illustrates perfectly how your mind works.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:well, you've both been told by two moderators. simple as that.  "you're officially dead to me" illustrates perfectly how your mind works.

We've been told "what" exactly?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Ahavati said:

We've been told "what" exactly?

Exactly.

Go to page:
Go to: