Go to page:

Nuisances On DUP?

KahakuHiga-Parker
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 15th May 2012
Forum Posts: 161

Sounds like kindergarten punishment lol right back to time outs in the corner but yes bad behavior should at least have some sort of punishment but not being active shouldn't have any consequences that just doesn't seem fair

poet Anonymous

Fellow Poets,
You are going to have this kind of crap anywhere you go~somebody is always headhunting~trying to put others down to make their light shine a bit brighter~makes them look silly.  It's unfortunate.  I'm sorry that Jessica had to go through that disrespect.  Amalasuntha entered one of my competitions and actually had a pretty original little ditty. But, being rude to others should never be condoned on this site...we are all trying to express ourselves.....sad, some do it with the potential consequence of a DUP ban.  Keep writing kindred.....

Strider

KahakuHiga-Parker
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 15th May 2012
Forum Posts: 161

Well put strider

poet Anonymous

KahakuHiga-Parker said:Well put strider

Thank you KahakuHiga-Parker!

ThePintSizdSlasher
Aaiden
Thought Provoker
Canada 3awards
Joined 7th May 2012
Forum Posts: 455

Amalasuntha
hiatus
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 9th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 97

oh hey

well, I didn't know that this was going on behind my back. Just so everyone's clear, there was no "malicious intent", and I only knew there was all this hoo ha because Abra told me about it just now. I have crappy internet. The posting of the second poem was delayed, for like hours. It does that sometimes.

The merit or otherwise of the poems is debatable. I kind of liked the second one, made me laugh when I thought of it, but yeah the first one. Is not so nice. So I apologise if anybody's sensitivities were bruised.  That is all. I'm out of this discussion now

Soul_Man_Ken
Dangerous Mind
United States 9awards
Joined 13th June 2012
Forum Posts: 898

Amalasuntha said:oh hey

well, I didn't know that this was going on behind my back. Just so everyone's clear, there was no "malicious intent", and I only knew there was all this hoo ha because Abra told me about it just now. I have crappy internet. The posting of the second poem was delayed, for like hours. It does that sometimes.

The merit or otherwise of the poems is debatable. I kind of liked the second one, made me laugh when I thought of it, but yeah the first one. Is not so nice. So I apologise if anybody's sensitivities were bruised.  That is all. I'm out of this discussion now

Well said. THIS is how we should deal with misunderstandings and perceived hurts.

HOW we respond in crisis reveals our true nature.

Prudence
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 12th July 2012
Forum Posts: 327

I didn't mean just Kids or young peope I was just saying...88% of the BS on here is invoved with them.
And of course we woudn't give anyone a strike, for a minor complaint, it woud be looked into further and then punishment, would be determined, if necessary at all

Yes, I agree, we shoud be able to cear up any issues in a civil way, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

poet Anonymous

I am not able to support any sort of banning thing, I for example may be hungry and then eat Rays doggy sanwich, which might cause the effect of being striked (hopefully by devilish) and (hopefully 3 times) and then you want to ban me for that. Whilst actualy I was just hungry, honest!

I also know that people may go away and come back, and so closing their account could be quite traumatic, they may feel we don't love them anymore just because they went to a distant mountain in Hollywood to find themselves and stuff.

And we do still love em, we don't quit reading just because they are currently not home.

So all in all I say no thanks for the ideas, but thanks for lunch!

-x-

NANCY_RDZ_STORIES
WRITER LYRICIST ARTIST
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 9th Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 162

I need to speak with Webmistress it's important. I've been trying to contact her but it's hard. How can I contact her? Can someone tell me please?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5600

NANCY_RDZ_STORIES said:I need to speak with Webmistress it's important. I've been trying to contact her but it's hard. How can I contact her? Can someone tell me please?

Use the ask a question section like you did but spell out specifically what the issue is—being cryptic and giving no info/details, doesn’t give anything to respond to with an answer .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

On a related note, if anyone is lacking a nuisance, there are a few currently auditioning in the Freedom of Speech and Censorship Thread:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11466/

Certainly you will find one that accomodates your needs.

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 298

Hi,
I just wrote a poem Called "Opiney The Elder Troll" in response to being called a troll recently by Iridesnew (snew).
I take a hard line on this sort of situation, given the context of a peer reviewed and critiqued art website, especially that this art is of supposed creative literary nature.

If an author chooses "encourages honest criticism" but pitches a fit about it... then:
1.) they didn't fully understand what that option means.
2.) they thought that they could handle excoriation.
3.) they thought that their work was infallible.
4.) they expected others to understand that they live in a vacuum.
5.) they just aren't receptive to different perspectives.
6.) they chose the option, because they were trying to incite racy attention, and in that spirit, they are themselves THE TROLL.
7.) Did I miss any?

Here's the problem... All of these reasons are unjustifiable for complaint or penalty, given that literary art is a subject-reader RELATIONSHIP! The only item that is justifiable for anything is number 6.  But number 6 justifies participation and discourse... not complaint or penalty.
This is ART. Once its inception is public, it takes a life of its own and is thereby food for the audience, AND as a fellow artist, I LIKE TO PLAY WITH MY FOOD!

Since we are a COMMUNITY of artists, we have this powerful potential to collaborate and spawn additional art that would otherwise not happen if we were all rigid and sensitive around each other. That makes for a stuffy environment that is not conducive to organic life. I put a lot of effort into helping others with constructive well-intentioned criticism. I even expend extra energy ensuring my critique is artistic and fun, thus letting the author know that I think they're worth it. I want to make sure that poetry doesn't get its final coffin nail this generation. It's not going to be an easy task, and we poets need to all push ourselves AND each other to re-animate that exquisite corpse back out of the box and up to the top of the mountain where she belongs!

Hopefully, now that my intention is better understood, I won't be pissing off anymore sensitive writers. Please understand that my work is of an extremely graphic nature, and that is the kind of poet that I am. I don't write nice things. I write disgusting, vile, wicked little monsters. On that note, I sympathize and join forces with "Amalasuntha".

So, if you can't handle a couple of black sheep chewing on your yard ornaments,
the simple solution is opt for a fence of "friendly feedback".
THAT'S WHY THE MISTRESS PUT IT THERE!
Elsewise, grow a pair... of collaborators.

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 298

Edited out due to irrelevance.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

JohnnyBlaze said:On a related note, if anyone is lacking a nuisance, there are a few currently auditioning in the Freedom of Speech and Censorship Thread:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11466/

Certainly you will find one that accomodates your needs.

You are too funny
Like The Wide World of Sports
" We span the globe to bring you the best in nuisances and bring it to you semi- live"
[nonsense]

Go to page:
Go to: