DU - FAQ

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

So you post random bullshit to get them.  Go elsewhere if you hate it.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16073

Magdalena said: Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

So you post random bullshit to get them.  Go elsewhere if you hate it.

Hear! Hear!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

So now that you've gotten your three credits, I've removed the useless idiocy done to get them. Let's hope your future posts are more thought provoking and productive (this includes any poems you post, too)

Thank you.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

And I'll add one final thought here: whatever reception a newbie recieves, is pretty much determined by how they initially present themselves to our community. In otherwords, first impressions and you bring it upon yourself.  If it's such that requires moderator involvement, then there is a valid reason for that, and not because we're a bunch of thugs. The overall goal is to keep DUP a place where people can feel welcome to share their work without having to worry about childish or troll-like or other invasive behavior from other members.  Presuming to know the entire workings of things usually turns out to be a false assumption once you really get in here and see some of what goes on that needs addressing.

caxton
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 9th July 2013
Forum Posts: 158

Aw shit! This is better than jerry springer. On an actually helpful note, why the fuck are people starting shit. If I wanted drama I'd fuck your mamma. This is a poetry site for people who give a fuck about poetry. Keep your rants in poems. Also much love to madameL purveyor of my only trophy as a newbie at the time. Suck on that. Everyone else makes me runner up. That's cool though, less pressure on second best.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Well deserved, Caxton--you should have more; you're a writer to watch! :)

caxton
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 9th July 2013

You flatter me. Also I will be writing something for your year of birth poem, but I have to do some research first. The most significant thing I can think of from my birth year is my birth I was too young to remember much else

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

Okay... I guess someone has nothing to do.

I'm really not concerned with you nor do I feel I was addressing you when I made my gangbusters statement but if you have a strong need to be included in the group, hey by all means.  Some people just need to feel included.  

You know what? I think  I'll suck it up.  Just like my friend up top, I have my three posts, so now I can get to what matters. The poetry, right?  Thanks for the welcome! [/quote]

no sweat I appreciated the descriptor  . the sorry was because i don't wantto derail a thread of such importance. oh that pisses off the guardians... and you don't wanna piss off the guardians... theyll fuck you up! welcome, angry newcomer, whether you concern yourself with me or not

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Actually, Anna will fuck you up far more... She'll eat your soul for breakfast, skewered on a pitchfork.....  :D

caxton
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 9th July 2013

Seems a little tame for Anna.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

MysticBlue90
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 17th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 2

Thanks very helpfull

HarleyQuinn
Riah
Thought Provoker
South Africa 4awards
Joined 2nd Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 98

Hi:) every now and then I go over my poems and I edit, alter, etc. However I notice that there's no notification(for lack of a better word). Is there any way to publicise that a poem has been edited?

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

Seeing all the other posts below mine being days old is an odd feeling...
I thought since dup changed servers a while back that these periods of downtime would be a thing of the past *sigh*

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

This place was down wasn't it?

Go to page:
Go to: