Go to page:

What Happed to My DUP?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14631

I'm in Hotel California; I'm logging out whenever I want but I can never leave.

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2796

I am happy to report that the issues that I was having have been neatly and perfectly resolved! I have to say, the powers that be are most definitely getting right on top of things and I should not doubt that any remaining oddities people are having are certain to get sorted out soon. Best thing we can do is report any issues with the site that come up so they can get fixed as swiftly as possible! Best of luck to everyone still having such issues. *Smiles* :D

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5792

I’ve also just noticed that when you post a comp entry it won’t let you preview the entry, it just posts it without preview. Don’t know if that’s a glitch as well.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Northern_Soul said:I’ve also just noticed that when you post a comp entry it won’t let you preview the entry, it just posts it without preview. Don’t know if that’s a glitch as well.

Making a new submission always takes you to a preview, but forum posts don't go to a preview (you can edit them afterwards of course).

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

admin said:

Making a new submission always takes you to a preview, but forum posts don't go to a preview (you can edit them afterwards of course).

Hi. It’s this ‘preview’ button when entering comps. Just for comps - not in the forums. It used to show the poem to you before you posted it. Now it doesn’t - just posts it.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

All the images have disappeared from the threads.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Votes aren't registering on the polls

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

lepperochan said:Votes aren't registering on the polls

Ahavati said:All the images have disappeared from the threads.

Thanks, fixed both.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

admin said:

Thanks, fixed both.

Thank you!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

oops! Wrong place! I tried to delete the photo and could not. But I did discover a cool-ass editing feature by right-clicking the image ( thinking there would be an alternative way to delete it )?!

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Northern_Soul said:

Hi. It’s this ‘preview’ button when entering comps. Just for comps - not in the forums. It used to show the poem to you before you posted it. Now it doesn’t - just posts it.

Hi, I've had a look at this to remember when it got removed and why. It turns out that the preview didn't serve much purpose as you couldn't get back to an edit screen from there anyway. I've now made it clear on the button that it is "submit" rather than "preview". Of course, people can edit their entries afterwards to add comments. However, I've tried to discourage this because it can complicate competitions which end up in a public vote i.e. if people have said things in an entry post which reveals their identity.

Sorry if you found this feature useful, I'm trying to slim the code down a little to make it easier to maintain, and easier to add new functionality.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

admin said:

Hi, I've had a look at this to remember when it got removed and why. It turns out that the preview didn't serve much purpose as you couldn't get back to an edit screen from there anyway. I've now made it clear on the button that it is "submit" rather than "preview". Of course, people can edit their entries afterwards to add comments. However, I've tried to discourage this because it can complicate competitions which end up in a public vote i.e. if people have said things in an entry post which reveals their identity.

Sorry if you found this feature useful, I'm trying to slim the code down a little to make it easier to maintain, and easier to add new functionality.

It was useful because if you have the perpetual brain fog of 1920’s industrial London in October (like myself) it was good to double-check if you were entering the right poem.

But ho hum… can’t be helped. Thanks for clarifying.

poet Anonymous

Sorry but I have to state it as it is...its pretty fucked up if I can't find my own poems even under my own drop menu under my picture.  But I have to go in the roundabout way through>> profile>>> and then my poems from my cover page?!  
It would be most helpful to consider adding"my own poems" under my menu!
Thank you, muchly!

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Vee said:Sorry but I have to state it as it is...its pretty fucked up if I can't find my own poems even under my own drop menu under my picture.  But I have to go in the roundabout way through>> profile>>> and then my poems from my cover page?!  
It would be most helpful to consider adding"my own poems" under my menu!
Thank you, muchly!

The My Poems link has now been renamed Submissions, this is to reflect that people also submit stories, prose, lyrics and spoken word.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Contacting the site owner. Images are failing to upload in the forums. I've tried three times and keep getting this message:

This page isn’t working right now
If the problem continues, contact the site owner.
HTTP ERROR 400

Go to page:
Go to: