Groups...WTF?

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 298

Ahavati said:

Here's a suggestion: Have you tried searching "themes"? I do believe that is specifically the reason they were created?

Ahavati, you're missing the ENTIRE point... site traffic and ease of navigation. This generation wants spoonfeedism just like the last generation albeit on a different platform. This website needs a bajillion times more site traffic than it gets. I understand social marketing, media, and SEO. Do you? If you do, then why aren't you doing anything about that? Why isn't ANYBODY with any pull around here doing anything about that?

Riddle me that.

This isn't about "does Ray, Cait, Jess, or Jared know how to navigate this janky-ass site?" It's about the site needs to be 'in your face' for only the literally art you might want or need ESPECIALLY FOR VISITORS AND NEW MEMEBERS.

This place should be the Netflix of poetry. And it could be without a lot of effort... just a lot of functional thought.

Think about it.
Every excuse you or anybody else makes is proven wrong by the simple fact of our site traffic and memeber turnover rate.

Do I have to make a graph chart for you??? 😔

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013

Who does have pull around here? Calling all crickets! 🦗

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2288

arortiz73 said:Ahavati, you're missing the ENTIRE point... site traffic and ease of navigation. This generation wants spoonfeedism just like the last generation albeit on a different platform. This website needs a bajillion times more site traffic than it gets. I understand social marketing, media, and SEO. Do you? If you do, then why aren't you doing anything about that? Why isn't ANYBODY with any pull around here doing anything about that?

Riddle me that.

Because they are either Moderators or something else (
Veteran members?)

Don't try to put all the heavy rocks on Ahavati,  there's plenty of backs to go around on this subject.

i am not her biggest fan or JB's but they have always had my back and expressed the facts.  

Before my last shitstorm that caused me to pull back

(lots of Vet Poets blocked me for what i can only say is because their pals said to or................)  

i STOPPED  encouraging NEW talent to DUP.

What HAVE YOU DONE to promote this site?!!!

aaaaaand if You have a valid idea,
WHY should i do what i used to do to promote this site?

You feel as though You have all the answers.
i got no problem with that
only just start sharing!!!

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013

Tallen, what I did to help this site (as well as some other collaborative helpers), was a few years ago... We (us investigative collaborators) exposed several links to this site for the offshore marketing of our (DUP poets) stollen intellectual property. We did this by showing how original English poetry on DUP was being copied, translated to other languages, then sold back to us as kitch. I got a shitstorm for that parade too.

So, don't think I'm an idle complainer. I'm a force of action.

Get it?

When this site is conducive enough to propel creative literature and provide a reasonable haven for wayward talent, then, and only then, will I resume promoting it.

Note to site owners: I'm for hire. $50k for 3 months of overhaul.

dejure
vick
Dangerous Mind
29awards
Joined 17th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2879

RevolutionAL said:Hey people

What's the story with groups?

Thing is, I realize some are dormant for particular reasons. But those that are open seem extremely quiet and unsupported?

Is it a content thing?
Is it a functionality thing?
Did they never take off as expected?
Or are they as busy as Craic at a corner stop sign, but I just never got the correct directions?

All views and opinions would be great...
Especially if you don't use groups or shy away from them for a reason...

Cool discus...

This thread is gone way off the main question. When I joined, it was like Harry finding Hogwarts. Because I only had 2-3 friends who appreciated my dark poems. And everyone was giving constructive criticism generously. I think that spirit is still there with all the poets. I remember I used to think a poem is about rhyming.

So the Groups!!! I don't get what all the fuss is about.

I remember the wordplay threads which had to be created xxx1 , xxx2, xxx3.. etc. since the page count increased with each post. ( I remember it was like three people replying to the same question. Then you had to quote and revise. The site was massively active.)

So I believe the group idea was initialised to counter creating many pages. Probably not only this but to have individual platforms for different poetry categories such as visual poetry, spoken words, Haiku etc.

so to lay my thought to your questions
Is it a content thing?
I dont think its about content

Is it a functionality thing?
I also agree, because the groups functions are totally different than threads

Did they never take off as expected?
It may seem the groups didn't take off as expected. But I say at least 50/50. Cuz I still actively play on the Word Play Group.

Or are they as busy as Craic at a corner stop sign, but I just never got the correct directions?
As a director of the "Words on a Canvas" group, I couldn't be active as much as it was initialised

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

arortiz73 said:

. . .

Do I have to make a graph chart for you??? 😔

Nah; I would miss the entire point of that too.

Here's another suggestion: Why not start a thread in the suggestion forum about the topic and see if you can garner support from those that have "pull"?

As much as Craic and I periodically bump heads, we at least stayed on the topic of groups.

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013

I approached the topic holistically. Dysfunctionality of "Groups" is a symptom of the source problem.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

arortiz73 said:I approached the topic holistically. Dysfunctionality of "Groups" is a symptom of the source problem.

So create a thread about the "source".

Go to page:
Go to: