(In Memory) Suggestion

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Hello

Apologies if this has been covered before, I did a search and didn't find anything.
(deeep breath... needs to be worded concisely)

The last two years, has been extremely sad in seeing the most poets on DU pass on, that I can remember.
(I recently learned of some that punched the heart really hard.)

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be reasonable to have some nicely worded kind thing on the profiles that say "In memory of..." or something similar. I'm unsure how reasonable a thing this is technologically. But I have learned that social media sites seem (in some cases) to do a similar thing?

Maybe a huge RESPECT flag or some such thing?
Kinda like "we love you, we miss you and acknowledge your involvement in our community?"

Just an idea, really...

sidenote:  thoughts to this are cool, being a dick isn't, lets be gentle on the subject matter.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5786

I’d be all for this. An area of remembrance. Where people can pay their respects, add memories, share poetry, work through the sad a little together. Forums are great and everything, but they tend to get lost.

A little rose or something like that on the profile would be a nice honour.

It has been brought up before. Also the conversation of what happens to our poetry after we die. Some have made plans (like myself) but it would be good to have a space to make our wishes known also.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14629

A bit different but the same vein of thought.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/suggestions/read/9906/

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Ahavati said:A bit different but the same vein of thought.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/suggestions/read/9906/

Thank you for that!
Talk about blond, I'm searching everything except "Legacy"
forgive me my sins.

possibly a mod could close this thread, it seems pointless having to many on the same topic.

eish!

Thanks A

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Northern_Soul said:I’d be all for this. An area of remembrance. Where people can pay their respects, add memories, share poetry, work through the sad a little together. Forums are great and everything, but they tend to get lost.

A little rose or something like that on the profile would be a nice honour.

It has been brought up before. Also the conversation of what happens to our poetry after we die. Some have made plans (like myself) but it would be good to have a space to make our wishes known also.

thanks for the info Missy!

Ahavati found a link to the convo now, see it has indeed been discussed in length. will be going through the pages there!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

RevolutionAL said:

Thank you for that!
Talk about blond, I'm searching everything except "Legacy"
forgive me my sins.

possibly a mod could close this thread, it seems pointless having to many on the same topic.

eish!

Thanks A

Well if that's the case, then at least add your suggestion about the notifications on the profile to the other one! I had not thought of that part and it's a great suggestion, Al. I would love to see that whenever I visit the profiles and/or catalogues of those who have departed.

poet Anonymous

As a polite aside, it's truly sad that a member may pass away unknown to the site. I guess their catalogue of poetry will serve as their legacy.  

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Strangeways_Rob said:As a polite aside, it's truly sad that a member may pass away unknown to the site. I guess their catalogue of poetry will serve as their legacy.  

That's so true and in many cases thats how it is a legacy on DU.

I think what I meant was that if a profile was flagged somehow as a legacy account. We'd know. However there are those here who may not have someone who would administer/ turn the account to a legacy account. But I reckon if the option was available, many would make the arrangements before hand. I realize some wouldn't but that would be there choice?

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Ahavati said:

Well if that's the case, then at least add your suggestion about the notifications on the profile to the other one! I had not thought of that part and it's a great suggestion, Al. I would love to see that whenever I visit the profiles and/or catalogues of those who have departed.

I read that entire thread Vati..

You are correct this is a seperate topic. So we won't shut it down... we'll wait to hear from Mods and Webmiss what they think regarding ability etc.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

RevolutionAL said:

I read that entire thread Vati..

You are correct this is a seperate topic. So we won't shut it down... we'll wait to hear from Mods and Webmiss what they think regarding ability etc.

Well hopefully this thread will garner a response from Webmiss. I tried for five years and finally gave up. I do hope it gets implemented. It's a stellar idea.

Page:
Go to: