Page:

I just realized that my username has a mistake in it, is the

Gigashdaow
J C Morgan
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 4th Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 7

My username should be Gigashadow, i must have mistyped it when i joined and didn't realize. Is there any way to change this? I haven't been a member for long and have only published 2 poems, but i have some valuable feedback and interactions that would be lost if i delete my account to start a new one and so i want to avoid this!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5732

Sadly, there’s no way of changing it. Believe me I tried. I deleted mine in order to change a username that did not serve me just before the ten year point!!

This does raise a good point though. I think the main gripe was that people would change their usernames for harassment  reasons so people wouldn’t know who they are. But I think if it displayed your old username for maybe 30 days during the transition, it would solve that issue.

🤷‍♀️

Gigashdaow
J C Morgan
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 4th Aug 2021

Hey North_Soul, thanks for that it sure does suck... Yeah i can see where they would have concerns there however when people have their account tethered to an email account along with an ip address they could simply write code on the back end to address this problem in order to police this problem, many other blogs and message boards amongst other sites do exactly that and it seems to work very well!.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

It's hardly noticeable.

Day-ay-oww! Day-ay-oww!

https://www.google.com/search?q=dao+song+lyrics

Gigashdaow
J C Morgan
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 4th Aug 2021

LOL Thanks, but it is to me now i know it's there!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Gigashdaow said:My username should be Gigashadow, i must have mistyped it when i joined and didn't realize. Is there any way to change this? I haven't been a member for long and have only published 2 poems, but i have some valuable feedback and interactions that would be lost if i delete my account to start a new one and so i want to avoid this!

Suggestion would be to screenshot everything you want to save and store it on your computer and/or print it in a word document, if you are leaning toward creating a new account to correct the typo in your username.  Frankly, i'm a big fan of having backup copies of writing, elsewhere, anyway, because then you can still access them if there's ever any issues with the web site or internet in general.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Just putting in my two sence,
I actually read your username gigashdaow and my brain recognized it as gigashadow
So at first I thought somebody had fixed your issue.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha da ba

So now the possibilities are many.

Gigashdaow
J C Morgan
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 4th Aug 2021

Thanks for that MadameLavender, i do have backups of everything, it's the dynamics of the account (comments, likes etc) that I don't want to lose and this account is tied to my email address and so starting from scratch will be a hassle that I don't need. I would be more inclined to simply shut my account down and abandon the whole thing. But honestly to let people change usernames is not hard when most other online services allow this and are still able to maintain their users security.

Gigashdaow
J C Morgan
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 4th Aug 2021

Thanks rabbitquest, i am happy to hear this, maybe it will be ok as it is if nothing can be done to fix it!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Rabbit is wise. Honestly, the human brain compensates at lightning speed, as it does with most mispellings where the letters are transposed. We know it was meant to be Gigashadow.

And you could always change "J C Morgan" to "GigaShadow Dammit"

Gigashdaow
J C Morgan
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 4th Aug 2021

You too are wise JohnnyBlaze, and yes that is most definitely an option! lol... I only noticed it myself shortly before making the original comment in this thread, I completely missed it for 13 days dammit.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Gigashdaow said:You too are wise JohnnyBlaze, and yes that is most definitely an option! lol... I only noticed it myself shortly before making the original comment in this thread, I completely missed it for 13 days dammit.

My name is actually JohnnyBalze, but your brain tells you it is Blaze.

Page:
Go to: