Go to page:

Can we have a brand spanking new forum called Politics?

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14047

I agree we all have equal rights as members. and yes, what could probably be boiled  down to Trump/ Dem argument threads have been  most prevalent for some time now across different threads

I donít see how those threads affect your or any other members rights here but am open to be shown or schooled whichever is quickest haha

thatís to say you have every right to start threads bout Aussie politics, and foreign policy, war crimes etc and battle it out with your fellow Aussie fanatics. but there seems to be a shortage of said fanatics so I dunno

I should say also, Iím not fundamentally opposed to the original idea you posted

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10360

lepperochan said:I agree we all have equal rights as members. and yes, what could probably be boiled  down to Trump/ Dem argument threads have been  most prevalent for some time now across different threads

I donít see how those threads affect your or any other members rights here but am open to be shown or schooled whichever is quickest haha

thatís to say you have every right to start threads bout Aussie politics, and foreign policy, war crimes etc and battle it out with your fellow Aussie fanatics. but there seems to be a shortage of said fanatics so I dunno

I should say also, Iím not fundamentally opposed to the original idea you posted

Why is an interest in political discussion deemed 'Fanatical'?

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Itís not.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Itís not.

That's good to hear, because in addition to your above reference to fanatics, there's this, directly referencing my First 100 Days of Biden thread.

lepperochan said:[. . .]

the people here arguing about it are fanatics. both sides of them. they  are the product of modern American politics.

to qualify that a little bit: thereís no threads here (for example) of Borris Johnsonís first 100 days

[ or first 100 days of whatever drunken potato bomber is running Ireland <- racist, but no one will give a fuck]

the politics is different in the UK. parliament is filled with representatives from about 10 different parties

anyhow, I forget where I was going with that.

This election was HUGE for America. It was HISTORICAL in that the first woman vp was elected. Not just the first woman, but a woman of color.

I simply wanted a place to discuss the excitement of the inauguration after four years of fucking hell, and an insurrection, with likeminded individuals with the understanding it would be renamed the first 100 days after inauguration day, which is why it's entitled the first 100 days ONLY.

That hardly makes me a fanatic. On the contrary, I could've started a thread for each and retitled it 'Biden's First Four Years'.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I dunno what your point is. elections are HUGE in every country. most countries are represented here or at least a fair majority of them

see, in the civilised world weíve had women leaders for many many years so thatís not much of a big thing to any one else

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 1270

... somewhere out there Morrissey is silently weeping.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:I dunno what your point is. elections are HUGE in every country. most countries are represented here or at least a fair majority of them

see, in the civilised world weíve had women leaders for many many years so thatís not much of a big thing to any one else

Firstly, I don't think any country is civilized myself. I think we're all barbaric in many ways. Just look at the state of the planet.

My point is quite simple, an interest in political discussion is not fanatical, nor are those who participate fanatics. Even those who have posted over a dozen different threads to my one ( or two if you want to count the historical thread of letters ) are not what I would consider fanatical.

I wasn't going to bring this up; however, now that you've reiterated the term fanatic here, it was time to clarify, being I was directly implicated via my thread ( out of all of the political threads in the forum ) in your first reference.

That was my point.

I suggest we refrain from personal labels across the board while discussing suggestions.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5005

lepperochan said:I dunno what your point is. elections are HUGE in every country. most countries are represented here or at least a fair majority of them

Her point was that you are a poor judge of what a fanatic is when you contributed willy nilly opinions about fanaticism ( to the very thread people here are complaining about the most ) and inferred Ahavati was a fanatic by referencing her 100 days thread which is simply aggregated articles and our appreciation for a President who isn't a fucking lunatic. LOL

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

JohnnyBlaze said:

Her point was that you are a poor judge of what a fanatic is when you contributed willy nilly opinions about fanaticism ( to the very thread people here are complaining about the most ) and inferred Ahavati was a fanatic by referencing her 100 days thread which is simply aggregated articles and our appreciation for a President who isn't a fucking lunatic. LOL

If you say so.  wasnít that long ago you both had political persons as your avatars not fanatical at all

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

lepperochan said:

If you say so.  wasnít that long ago you both had political persons as your avatars not fanatical at all

Like I said, poor judge of what a fanatic is.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

fair nuff.  I can leave it there

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 1270

JohnnyBlaze said:

There's no need to make it out to be more than it actually is.

👍🏻

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

lepperochan said:fair nuff.  I can leave it there

By the way, you might want to keep an eye on the Seuss thread. You Know Who Down In Whoville was already trying to steer it down a political avenue when it is not a Politics Thread.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:fair nuff.  I can leave it there

Thank you.

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:I agree we all have equal rights as members. and yes, what could probably be boiled  down to Trump/ Dem argument threads have been  most prevalent for some time now across different threads

Thank You once again Eammon.

I understand that, in theory and all its practicality there is no stopping any other country citizen starting their own political thread. And some time down the road there might be some eventually. My view as is everyone else's based on where they stand is just what I've aired. No one needs to agree or disagree am just exploring the suggestion based on own and a few other members' experience.

Go to page:
Go to: