Go to page:

Can we have a brand spanking new forum called Politics?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

lepperochan said:way I see it suggestion has been suggested. this is the thread for it. kinda like that thing the natives used to tie women to for King Kong to come get. so in that context you/ we are all more or less lending our opinions here towards the webmiss in order for her to take them into consideration

in the context of that context I think the tone is both unfortunate and indicative

Threads are more or less free space. that’s to say, everyone on the site has the option to view, take part in, and create threads.

if there is an appetite to narrow the parameters of speakeasy then I think it’s worth taking a look at, might also be worth taking a look at a cap of sorts

I suggested a cap way back when, but it was because of one poster having a dozen active political threads back-to-back. I didn't create a thread, it was during a discussion in which I believe you were involved.

I am also going to suggest that thread guidelines be adhered to. That would solve the majority of issues, because the abusive posters couldn't hide behind the lack of site guidelines or 'free speech' ( everywhere but the game threads ).

I mean come on. You MUST ask a question for the next poster in the 'ask a question' thread ( or some members go nuts ); but you don't have to follow the guidelines of any other thread in the speakeasy  because there are no site guidelines?

Would you agree that's imbalanced?

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5601

The ask a question thread is like a DU institution and has been here for years. It’s part of the furniture. The difference is there’s not all out verbal war, hate speech and bashing every time somebody asks what your favourite type of cheese is.

Nobody wants to be serious all of the time. This global experience is hard enough for everybody on Earth.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Northern_Soul said:The ask a question thread is like a DU institution and has been here for years. It’s part of the furniture. The difference is there’s not all out verbal war, hate speech and bashing every time somebody asks what your favourite type of cheese is.

Nobody wants to be serious all of the time. This global experience is hard enough for everybody on Earth.

Yes, that there is hate speech occuring in the DUP forums is a problem.

That there were and are unnecessary threads being created to bait others into verbal wars was a problem.

Viddax recently made an effort to squelch one such thread. It was a late effort, but still an effort nonetheless.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11766/

Here's another thread that was even more recently locked before it got out of hand.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11811/

Whichever mod locked it recognized it for what it is and took appropriate action sooner than the previous example.

It's hardly a busy forum.

There are 5 moderators.

Keep locking down such threads and the Speakeasy wouldn't be cluttered up with them and *most* of the hate speech would be eliminated, because the groundwork purposely laid in the hopes of a verbal warring would be eliminated to.

It's a simple problem that is easily solved with the touch of a button.

And I'm confident the Webmiss is all in favor of flame bait threads being locked regardless of what subforum they are located in.

Now, if an entire website - members, moderators, owner - is being outsmarted by 2 individuals bent on getting attention for themselves, then that website has bigger fucking problems to tend to.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Make that 3.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Please quote them here so she can read them herself.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Have a nice day, rickE.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ricky-Journals said:The murder hornet introduction on that thread has been edited 8 times. Pretty sure that is where I saw a snide comment slipped in. So be impossible to provide links.
All I can do is apologise for not documenting all that goes on here. But I know what I seen, and not providing links doesn’t mean I’m wrong.
Haven’t all day to go through every thread and check your comments.

But you have a good day, too.

Okay. I'll bite the obvious bait and allow this thread to be further derailed, but I will do my best to divert it back to it's original topic in the same breath.

Are you referring to the 2nd or 1st Murder Hornet thread that I told Webmiss about in a PM when I requested a #MurderHornet theme for poems ..?

BTW, I created the 2nd MH thread because Craic deprioritized the 1st MH thread, which was meant to be a lighthearted thread that also showcased insect themed poetry.

Northern_Soul said:

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Again . . .

JohnnyBlaze said:Have a nice day, rickE.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Northern_Soul said:The ask a question thread is like a DU institution and has been here for years. It’s part of the furniture. The difference is there’s not all out verbal war, hate speech and bashing every time somebody asks what your favourite type of cheese is.

Thank you, Missy, for defending an institution that wasn't being attacked. I think we're all intelligent enough to realize that the question thread is a light-hearted thread meant to garner a bit more knowledge about other members.

My piont ( as someone who has been repeatedly and deliberately attacked in forum threads over the last year with hate speech, etc. ) is this: It's an imbalanced system that forces participants to answer a damn question in a light-hearted thread while hate-speech is allowed in a discussion thread because, no site guidelines. . .

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Not interested. I’m not defending anything. Not attacking owt either. Just saying what it is.

The thread doesn’t force anybody to participate.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Northern_Soul said:Not interested. I’m not defending anything. Not attacking owt either. Just saying what it is.

The thread doesn’t force anybody to participate.  

And neither do the political ones.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

And again we return to the original point about morale. Ie/ ask a question thread isn’t a barrage of hate. Not playing the circle game, thank you.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Northern_Soul said:And again we return to the original point about morale. Ie/ ask a question thread isn’t a barrage of hate. Not playing the circle game, thank you.

Neither are what few legitimate political threads there have been and are at the moment, despite attempts to derail them into such.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Northern_Soul said:And again we return to the original point about morale. Ie/ ask a question thread isn’t a barrage of hate. Not playing the circle game, thank you.

And THAT'S because moderator's INFORCE the OP's guidelines to ask the person below you a question despite there being no site guidelines outlining they should be inforced! Conversely, they do NOT inforce OP guidelines in discussion threads because, well, no site guidelines saying they should.  

Imbalance:

NOUN
lack of proportion or relation between corresponding things.

"tension is generated by the imbalance of power" ·

For someone not interested you sure are interested!  I'll let ya have the last word.

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5181

Ricky my bro...i would absolutely appreciate if you could refrain from adding anything to this thread. I don't ask much of you.

Go to page:
Go to: