Go to page:

Can we have a brand spanking new forum called Politics?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

I am happy this thread has been unlocked and never understood why it was locked to begin with.

cold_fusion said:Unfortunately they've been called *knockdown cabal* .
The usage of the term speaks volumes about the mentality, the respect and regard the person holds for those who dare to speak something that's different to the most vocal.[ . . . ]

Firstly, this is so far off-base from what I was referring to, CF. It has absolutely nothing to do with opinions that contradict ours. I was referring to your initial statement to me ( quoted below ) about certain members ensuring our political threads are *knocked down* by posing on other threads. There have been
a dozen witnesses to this daily fact.

Many if not most are just simply put off by it. As far as the option of people to keep ignoring the political threads, sometimes it just is not possible if it keeps repeating on the front page. And the stats you mention about the time of replying,only few of the political threads on the forefront, well there's some who do their bit to keep it that way.

I know about your organized * knock down cabal *, which has absolutely nothing to do with anyone who may disagree with our opinion about anything. It's about people wanting to control the board, and if they can't have their way ( political forum ) then they'll just knock down the threads they don't want to see for the sake of themselves and everyone else.

That is dangerous for any site, much less one as small as this one.

Secondly, MadameLavender, how convenient of you to ignore that Craic referred to us as *fanatics* not just once, but twice, and then a third time in reference to our previous avatars ( which many other members donned as well—I few I heard from about his statement ). Johnny has every right to defend that accusation ( as did I ), and yet, he is being accused of calling Craic a poor judge of character in that defense. Craic is a poor judge of character if he deems us fanatics. That is not name calling, that is defending those, namely ourselves, who have been labeled as fanatics.

Thirdly, my initial resistance to this idea was because I felt I was being grouped into the same category with another member who has 13 or so active political threads that are absolute disasters ( and we all know it ). I did not think the creation of a new political forum was a just result to that end, being there are some intelligent discussions without personal insult possible. However, and unfortunately, they do become personal because of another member who dumps hate speech across the board, so much so his own threads have been locked by a moderator.

We are not reporting someone who disagrees with our point of view, but the manner in which they disagree. It's not rocket-science.

Lastly and bottom line: I will adhere to whatever Webmiss deems best for her site. Until such time as things change, if they change, I will carry on as usual, hopefully without being labeled by the Moderators on this site and targeted by a cabal of members.

However, if that's not the case, I will continue nonetheless. Thank you and have a great day!

Edits: Sorry for  all the edits! Chasing down code!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5805

There. Is. No. Cabal.

Christ on a fkn cracker.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Ahavati said:

Secondly, MadameLavender, how convenient of you to ignore that Craic referred to us as *fanatics* not just once, but twice, and then a third time in reference to our previous avatars ( which many other members donned as well—I few I heard from about his statement ). Johnny has every right to defend that accusation ( as did I ), and yet, he is being accused of calling Craic a poor judge of character in that defense. Craic is a poor judge of character if he deems us fanatics. That is not name calling, that is defending those, namely ourselves, who have been labeled as fanatics.

Seemed a bit fanatical to me, how you immediately rushed right into my thread , right after I created it, hurling accusations and assumptions about it, before it even had a chance to get going , then topping off the zeal, with a "Gotcha!"---- felt kinda witch-hunty in a way.

But yeah-- I'm perfectly fine with having it become a drop zone and vent-place, for whatever is on peoples' minds when it comes to any politics and social issues topics .

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MadameLavender said:

Seemed a bit fanatical to me, how you immediately rushed right into my thread , right after I created it, hurling accusations and assumptions about it, before it even had a chance to get going , then topping off the zeal, with a "Gotcha!"---- felt kinda witch-hunty in a way.

But yeah-- I'm perfectly fine with having it become a drop zone and vent-place, for whatever is on peoples' minds when it comes to any politics and social issues topics .

Madame, your feelings in regards to my actions in your thread have  fuck'all to do with Johnny's defense of Craic calling us fanatics.

I am growing weary of your personal inferences & innuendoes; there have been many, from our website,  to potential copyright violation of DU property, to our personal character. All of which are logged.

You can think what you like about my intentions. That does not make them truth. But by all means, carry on if it makes you feel better about yourself.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Ahavati said:

Madame, your feelings in regards to my actions in your thread have  fuck'all to do with Johnny's defense of Craic calling us fanatics.

I am growing weary of your personal inferences & innuendoes; there have been many, from our website,  to potential copyright violation of DU property, to our personal character. All of which are logged.

You can think what you like about my intentions. That does not make them truth. But by all means, carry on if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I'll pass, thanks-- I have plenty of other things to attend to in life.  You can add that to my personal file in your logs, which btw, I could care less about.  The fact that you feel you need to create logs & document things on everyone here, doesn't rattle me a bit--it just makes me think of David Cassidy's final observation on own his life, before he died;

" So much wasted time"  

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8046943/katie-cassidy-shares-father-david-cassidy-last-words-so-much-wasted-time

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MadameLavender said:

I'll pass, thanks-- I have plenty of other things to attend to in life.  You can add that to my personal file in your logs, which btw, I could care less about.  The fact that you feel you need to create logs & document things on everyone here, doesn't rattle me a bit--it just makes me think of David Cassidy's final observation on own his life, before he died;

" So much wasted time"  

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8046943/katie-cassidy-shares-father-david-cassidy-last-words-so-much-wasted-time

I have a life too; but it also entails defending my character against innuendos and inferences. So thank you for ceasing and desisting. Like you always say, let's play nice in the playground.

BTW, Loved Cassidy! One of his albums became the first album I ever purchased with my own money after an original purpose was warped! Oh, but wait, my father gave me my money back, so, technically, it wasn't.

Have a GREAT day!

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 759

MadameLavender said:

" So much wasted time"  

"Create logs and document things on everyone here???? You mean like the cold war KGB?. No wonder people call neo liberals, communists....

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5299

good morning everyone.

how are you all today.

and welcome to my thread. unlike others am happy to  host everyone.  I wish some more than understood they had their say on the topic and please leave others alone when they are trying answer me in my own thread.
If someone's talking about getting a grip...please understand this is my very own thread. Just like they're suggesting the people who are put off by politics to just simply ignore those threads and nobody is forcing them to read, i suggest the same for this particularly unpalatable thread to be left alone and practice what they preach.

time for a coffee for me. ciao

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

cold_fusion said:good morning everyone.

how are you all today.

and welcome to my thread. unlike others am happy to  host everyone.  I wish some more than understood they had their say on the topic and please leave others alone when they are trying answer me in my own thread.
If someone's talking about getting a grip...please understand this is my very own thread. Just like they're suggesting the people who are put off by politics to just simply ignore those threads and nobody is forcing them to read, i suggest the same for this particularly unpalatable thread to be left alone and practice what they preach.

time for a coffee for me. ciao

d00d! I have absolutely no problem with that as long as I, my mentality, respect, and regard for others is not directly referenced as it was below. Agreed?  

cold_fusion said:Unfortunately they've been called *knockdown cabal* .
The usage of the term speaks volumes about the mentality, the respect and regard the person holds for those who dare to speak something that's different to the most vocal.[ . . . ]

My clarification as to what I was actually referring to:

Firstly, this is so far off-base from what I was referring to, CF. It has absolutely nothing to do with opinions that contradict ours. I was referring to your initial statement to me ( quoted below ) about certain members ensuring our political threads are *knocked down* by posing on other threads. There have been a dozen witnesses to this daily fact.

Many if not most are just simply put off by it. As far as the option of people to keep ignoring the political threads, sometimes it just is not possible if it keeps repeating on the front page. And the stats you mention about the time of replying,only few of the political threads on the forefront, well there's some who do their bit to keep it that way.

I hope we good from here on out. Enjoy your thread.

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

this is my thread.

and clarifications are better suited where the words originated.

believe it or not...thankfully my heart is averse to keeping negativity or grudges towards anyone. As far as I am concerned, If I see you on the street I will greet you courteously same as I would anyone else.

Thank You!

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

I request the mods to now lock this thread as it has served it purpose.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

cold_fusion said:this is my thread.

and clarifications are better suited where the words originated.

believe it or not...thankfully my heart is averse to keeping negativity or grudges towards anyone. As far as I am concerned, If I see you on the street I will greet you courteously same as I would anyone else.

Thank You!

You're welcome; we cool beans.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

cold_fusion said:I request the mods to now lock this thread as it has served it purpose.

Done.

Go to page:
Go to: