do we want the BAME competition to be a DUP feature?

52.94% • 9 votes • nie
47.06% • 8 votes • aye
Total votes: 17
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

do we want the BAME competition to be a DUP feature?

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

JohnnyBlaze said:

I would gladly offer if not for NaPo and Classic Comp commitments. I can't multitask worth a darn. 😔

a minority judge jb 😅 in the interest of full representation

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

Why does it have tot be a competition. why not start a thread or a group which highlights poets and poetry from different cultures. there would be hardly any maintenance and a lot more options/ opportunities

could call it The Anna Grin hall of BAME

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

anna_grin said:

a minority judge jb 😅 in the interest of full representation

Doh! I'm such a dope.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

nah ya not x

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

lepperochan said:Why does it have tot be a competition. why not start a thread or a group which highlights poets and poetry from different cultures. there would be hardly any maintenance and a lot more options/ opportunities

could call it The Anna Grin hall of BAME

Sounds plausible if you could you guarantee it wouldn't be trolled with anti-BLM nonsense by White people claiming they are Black.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

JohnnyBlaze said:

Sounds plausible if you could you guarantee it wouldn't be trolled with anti-BLM nonsense by White people claiming they are Black.

I’m sorry, it’s not about the woman, it’s about equality of freedoms. can’t get into a situation where some people can identify and others can’t

Mad as it sounds it is the right thing. in fairness you can’t really get any more minority than the woman in question

I don’t understand why it’s such a big thing. but I can see others do. I think maybe questions should be asked of yourselves by yourselves as to the nature of your offended-ness

anyhow, I don’t foresee any problems on a thread if it’s posted and I will monitor it as I’m sure the others will too

to be fair I think it would be the better choice.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

alright lep i had the idea that a competition would be better for engaging poets on the site. but your idea is not shitty.

i still vehemently disagree with you on the subject of “the woman”. i will say no more as it has already been said

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

lepperochan said:

I’m sorry, it’s not about the woman, it’s about equality of freedoms. can’t get into a situation where some people can identify and others can’t

Mad as it sounds it is the right thing. in fairness you can’t really get any more minority than the woman in question

I don’t understand why it’s such a big thing. but I can see others do. I think maybe questions should be asked of yourselves by yourselves as to the nature of your offended-ness

anyhow, I don’t foresee any problems on a thread if it’s posted and I will monitor it as I’m sure the others will too

to be fair I think it would be the better choice.

Its good to hear that The Mods would commit to discouraging obvious trolling disrupting a thread with a specific goal.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

anna_grin said:alright lep i had the idea that a competition would be better for engaging poets on the site. but your idea is not shitty.

i still vehemently disagree with you on the subject of “the woman”. i will say no more as it has already been said

I am aware of your vhelnent disagreement. I’m probably talked out  on the subject too. see how it goes. I’ve been wrong before

as a side suggestion it might be an idea to have an option to highlight persons from outside the site too

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

that would be good yes but first and foremost i wanted to let people know they were appreciated and necessary here in their own right. i will think about it all

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Averaging less than one vote a day either way goes to show how unpopular this talk forum has become, which is way more popular than the discussion group.  

So, that's something to consider when weighing a forum thread versus competition, which gets way more traffic because they can't be trolled period.

Personally, I think 4 comps a year would be feasible - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I don’t think you understand the situation here, and that’s because there isn’t one. if nothing else this thread should have illustrated that.

I think it’s a good idea to showcase writers and in that context I think it would be a good idea to showcase any members who fit the criteria of this particular venture

someone said somewhere not enough people give a fuck, and to be fair it’s spot on. but let’s be clear here: “the not enough” come from all the backgrounds and cultures, and I don’t buy they’re all afraid

a question was asked, a poll was posted. the answer was given, the poll polled. it didn’t garner the kind of support from the communities  which might have shown there was some kind of issue here. but that was cast aside anyway because three white people think they know better than the community they’re trying to free from the shackles of DU.  

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

okay 👌🏻 ive got better things to do than defend myself to you or repeat myself

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

that is fortunate :),

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

lepperochan said:I don’t think you understand the situation here, and that’s because there isn’t one. if nothing else this thread should have illustrated that.

I think it’s a good idea to showcase writers and in that context I think it would be a good idea to showcase any members who fit the criteria of this particular venture

someone said somewhere not enough people give a fuck, and to be fair it’s spot on. but let’s be clear here: “the not enough” come from all the backgrounds and cultures, and I don’t buy they’re all afraid

a question was asked, a poll was posted. the answer was given, the poll polled. it didn’t garner the kind of support from the communities  which might have shown there was some kind of issue here. but that was cast aside anyway because three white people think they know better than the community they’re trying to free from the shackles of DU.  

Just offering opinions on which would be a better platform to give the poets more exposure and less aggravation.

Go to page:
Go to: