potential measures against spam

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

alright, lads ladies and daisies

no pitchforks, no witch hunts, no singling people out, no suppression of free speech, no naughty stair, no none of that

just a frankly genius original idea to limit the amount of new threads you can create and the times you may post in a single day.

we are limited to 2 poems per day to reduce spam, yet the strange mystery meat abounds in the forums.

this will keep topics more balanced. the only downside i can see is you won't be able to post as many pictures of your cat.

thoughts?

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Two...

Maybe four...

That would stop the idiots...

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Eh,.. Interesting suggestion, but I don't really feel like this would be a good idea.

Maybe it would be wise to have a limit on the number of threads someone can start in one day,.. But as far as I know, there's no one out there starting more than one or two.

As for the limit on forum posts, I don't really see a good reason for it either,
a while back I was looking at a few other poetry sites, most of their forums were dead, which really turned me off to wanting to join. It made it seem like the site was dead. I think that if there was a set limit on the number of times people could post in the forums per day, it might cause them to stop interacting with each other,.. which would defeat the purpose of having forums, but I could be way off.

Just my thoughts c:

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Umm said:Eh,.. Interesting suggestion, but I don't really feel like this would be a good idea.

Maybe it would be wise to have a limit on the number of threads someone can start in one day,.. But as far as I know, there's no one out there starting more than one or two.

As for the limit on forum posts, I don't really see a good reason for it either,
a while back I was looking at a few other poetry sites, most of their forums were dead, which really turned me off to wanting to join. It made it seem like the site was dead. I think that if there was a set limit on the number of times people could post in the forums per day, it might cause them to stop interacting with each other,.. which would defeat the purpose of having forums, but I could be way off.

Just my thoughts c:

How about in a particular forum a day ?

Not total , just in that forum?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Blackwolf said:

How about in a particular forum a day ?

Not total , just in that forum?

Idk, I don't really see the point of limiting forum posts, but that's just my opinion 😋☺️

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Ricky...you hopefully know I respect you...

But on this , I totally disagree with you...

You , yourself , post more junk , than most on this site...

Your art is great...I wish you well in your success...

Yet much of your other posts...

Well , I shall say , I would question the merit...

Do be careful with who you question , when
others could point out how much of your posting
lacks deep content , or applicability to the situation...

Are we cool ?

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Umm said:

Idk, I don't really see the point of limiting forum posts, but that's just my opinion 😋☺️

I do understand , Umm , however it is true , some in the forum ,
go overboard , and take it to far...have you seen , and totally read
this thread , as a just for instance ?

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11459/1185/

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Blackwolf said:

I do understand , Umm , however it is true , some in the forum ,
go overboard , and take it to far...have you seen , and totally read
this thread , as a just for instance ?

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11459/1185/

I can't say I have, I've found that the news stresses me out, so I stay away from reading it or listening to it in my daily life c:

edit: ..maybe/perhaps there's a better solution than limiting forum posts 🤔☺️

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Umm said:edit: ..maybe/perhaps there's a better solution than limiting forum posts 🤔☺️

Maybe there is...Suggestions ?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

I'll let other people chime in <3
..I'm off for now, and feel like I've expressed everything I've wanted to on this matter ^-^

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

No limit.

With all the restrictions going on in real life and lockdowns, people need places like this more then ever at the moment, especially those who live alone etc...

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

1) you’re all lovely thanks for responding

i think with a balanced approach it could be very useful, but I won’t pretend I know the secret formula. all I know is that other popular sites use this method with success.

if we want a place to simply shoot the shit and and take the piss then chat rooms could be an option, though I appreciate they can be a nightmare to moderate and would take a lot of effort to set up.

anyone worried that this would potentially happen overnight, im confident it wouldn’t

i would like to hear far more people’s thoughts before i totally abandon this

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Umm said:Eh,.. Interesting suggestion, but I don't really feel like this would be a good idea.

Just my thoughts c:

i know we have those “respond to the person above you” type threads which are endless and can be fun- the limit I’m suggesting wouldn’t or shouldn’t affect that interaction. i am not the specifics I’m the ideas woman but surely there is a reasonable amount that won’t interfere with a person’s usually transient interest in that type of thread

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Hi Anna.

I think rather than limit how many times a member is allowed to post daily in the forums, maybe a spring clean of repetitive threads, bunch the same topic that has been created tens of times into one thread. Delete threads with no responses or one or two. Have an option to hide comments and responses from those members you don't want to see so they don't interfere with threads you enjoy reading and such.

Just some ideas. I wouldn't like to see limits on daily posts, in case someone is crying out for help and needs some urgent advice, desperation and such.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

anna_grin said:

i know we have those “respond to the person above you” type threads which are endless and can be fun- the limit I’m suggesting wouldn’t or shouldn’t affect that interaction. i am not the specifics I’m the ideas woman but surely there is a reasonable amount that won’t interfere with a person’s usually transient interest in that type of thread

Hey ^~^

..think it's good that you want to hear more opinions on this

All I can say is that, I personally just don't see the need for limiting the number of posts, I feel like it would be a big change and there's a bit of a risk there, but anyways, thanks for taking the time to reply 😊

Go to page:
Go to: