anna_grin
anna_grin
grin
Dangerous Mind
13awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 1973

MadameLavender said:

I think that much of what is being suggested , would require the Webmiss to do a fair amount of re-programming of the site, all together .   While that job isn't my forte, I would defer to Webmiss for a more definitive answer as far as project time and work involved.

Other options that may or may not be as involved, for a fix of some of the issues in question, could be some sort of block to prevent multiple accounts being made by the same user, as many but not all , "hydras" have been the source of website trouble.  

Another option is to do away with the forums and Just leave the groups, where there is more ability to vet the members joining the groups.

Personally , I'm all for IP address banning but that's not my decision either, when it comes to website function.

Ultimately it's the website owner who decides what they feel is tolerable for their site.

thank you very much lavender

of course, it goes without saying that any change is up to webmiss. thatís why these suggestion forums exist.

i must be mistaken in thinking that the sock puppet problem had been largely pest controlled.

i wouldnít want the forums gone by any means. i just hope there is a middle ground achievable

caxton
caxton
Thought Provoker
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th July 2013
Forum Posts: 158

Valeriyabeyond said:

People are called  idiots
when someone disagrees with them

It is only called spam when it is not what one prefers to hear or read

Otherwise the posts are supported even if they are repeated (spam)

I have a narcissist ex who thinks everyone is an idiot who doesn't agree with him

Sometimes I call people idiots when I agree with them. Just because we agree doesnít make them less of an idiot.

caxton
caxton
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 9th July 2013

Anna my dear why are you engaging with crazy people about politics? Crazy people donít do rational conversation well and then whatís the point? Also, love you dearly!

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3392

https://youtu.be/_bW4vEo1F4E

Spam Spam Spam Spam

anna_grin
anna_grin
grin
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

caxton said:Anna my dear why are you engaging with crazy people about politics? Crazy people donít do rational conversation well and then whatís the point? Also, love you dearly!

my dear Caxton

i myself am crazy, diagnosed and stamped in triplicate. thatís no excuse for what amounts to deliberate outright lies

this is a roundabout way of addressing the issue as misinformation tends to be posted in great volume as an inarguable torrent of shite

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9011

anna_grin said:

my dear Caxton

i myself am crazy, diagnosed and stamped in triplicate. thatís no excuse for what amounts to deliberate outright lies

this is a roundabout way of addressing the issue as misinformation tends to be posted in great volume as an inarguable torrent of shite

Not to mention retractions are practically unheard of. . .despite proven misinformation.

caxton
caxton
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 9th July 2013

To quote Jimmy Eat World, Iím not crazy cause I take the right pills every day

anna_grin
anna_grin
grin
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

how about being able to flag a thread as spam for review and if enough people report it it will get looked at?

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

anna_grin said:how about being able to flag a thread as spam for review and if enough people report it it will get looked at?

All for it , Anna !

anna_grin
anna_grin
grin
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

as a nugget to think about, weíre all very quick to cry free speech when we donít like someone taking objection to someone else, but to paraphrase, free speech is not speech without consequences. if you were to stand in the street screaming in peoples faces as they pass by youíd expect to be removed. why because youíre online do you feel free to scream and shout without anyone taking offence

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Because if they feel they can , so do we Anna...

"why because youíre online do you feel free to
scream and shout without anyone taking offence"

And I can scream louder...

Go to page:
Go to: