Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2522

I don't have any ideas or solutions Anna
I know that was your reason for creating this thread so I will take my gathering of prayer flags and respectfully watch from the sidelines
Much Love Val

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3086

i doubt anyhting will actually change, to be honest with you val

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9708

Valeriyabeyond said:

FREEDOM TO POST ALL DAY EVERYDAY AS LONG AS THIS SITE IS UP

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE FORUM DONT READ IT

WITHOUT TOLERANCE
PREJUDICE AND INJUSTICE IS ALLOWED TO GROW
RESTRICTION FEEDS THE BEAST

That's all good and fine for you, Val. But I don't want the threads I start spammed by someone posting pages of consecutive comments basically talking to themselves ( as well as dissing other members ), and causing subscribers to have to wade through 30 posts to get to someone new.

Sorry. I think it should be up to the thread starter.  

Carry on.

♡♡♡

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4597

Software option that allows you to hide posts of members by plugging in their name. It would have a buttload of benefits. I've mentioned it twice before in the Freedom of Speech & Censorship threads. The post was terribly long to repeat here without copy paste.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

JohnnyBlaze said:Software option that allows you to hide posts of members by plugging in their name. It would have a buttload of benefits. I've mentioned it twice before in the Freedom of Speech & Censorship threads. The post was terribly long to repeat here without copy paste.

not half bad. my apologies if my replies here are limited for the time being

@ ahaviti thanks for responding to the thread

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Found it.

JohnnyBlaze said:Thankfully we do have the ability to block abusive and annoying people on our poems without having to rely on a 3rd party ( moderators + admin with their internal politics ) to intervene.

If only the DUP site software could render personally blocked users completely hidden from view to the blocker on everything - poems, forum, and "public non-clique" groups. Another competing writing site with software that is 20 something years old already does this.

Allowing every obnoxious post left intact, all members seeing such could voluntary self censor. The responsibility for being ignored would then fall squarely on the shoulders of the obnoxious.

It gives everyone the ability to self censor without having to file a single report about anything. Then no one can complain their Free Speech rights are being trampled on.

Censoring the chronic abusers completely from the site for not using the site as intended would then solely be up to the moderators without any input from the members - in the interest of keeping it clean of obvious abuse, SPAM, etc, to continue attracting non members and fresh subscription dollars.

Then if the moderators aren't being dilligent at keeping the site attractive, it is up the site owner to replace them without any 2 cents necessary from the current membership and its politics ( unless a situation involving an abusive moderator arises ... again ).

An abusive member really isn't deserving of participating in the comps launched by someone they have been abusing. People blocked purely based on personal dislike is then the legitimate concern. Comps put to a vote are a non issue. I imagine the software can be programmed to work out the problem, but that bridge has yet to be crossed.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9708

JohnnyBlaze said:Found it.
[. . . ]
It gives everyone the ability to self censor without having to file a single report about anything. Then no one can complain their Free Speech rights are being trampled on.
[ . . . ]

Or being called a * Snowflake * for reporting justifyable reports as instructed to do.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

thank you johnny, that is another good idea.  if, like facebook, we could choose "block all" or "see less" or "block direct messages" that could be popular.

again im aware these measures take time money and effort , so for the father son and holy spirit watching, we are just discussing, suggesting

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Or being called a * Snowflake * for reporting justifyable reports as instructed to do.

Yep LOL!

anna_grin said:thank you johnny, that is another good idea.  if, like facebook, we could choose "block all" or "see less" or "block direct messages" that could be popular.

again im aware these measures take time money and effort , so for the father son and holy spirit watching, we are just discussing, suggesting

Yeah, it would be a project for the Webmiss, no doubt. But she's damn good at coding, evidence of which surrounds us like The Matrix.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3457

Valeriyabeyond said:

Nah, nah, nah BW you are not going to use my thread as an example of a distateful thread
That is pushing my boundaries

I welcome anyone who would like to post on the Govt thread whatever  they feel is relevant to the conversion
"Without name calling"

If you feel someone is posting  too much too often then don't read find something else to do

Frankly it's only because you disagree with what is posted
That is a biased attitude

calling out my thread as a bad egg on my thread  is acceptable be my guest
Don't do it from another thread that is not cool

You do not like it ?

Too bad , Val...

Deal with it...

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Valeriyabeyond said:

It is only called spam when it is not what one prefers to hear or read

Otherwise the posts are supported even if they are repeated (spam)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Sorry , Anna , but I got attacked by Val here...

I think there is one more I have to answer...

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

suggestions and suchlike only please

do you WANT this thread yeeted into the pit

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

anna_grin said:suggestions and suchlike only please

do you WANT this thread yeeted into the pit

Not at all...

Go back to the beginning of my posts...

I was more than respectful...

As far as Ricky...he knows I like him...

Yet he does post some *extra* stuff ,
as he himself has admitted , again ,
and again , I called junk...

Otherwise , I have been respectful...

Val , has taken me on in this thread , which is
her right , yet I feel is just one of her moods ,
yet I still respect her and like her...

We are all human...

( or more )...

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5254

anna_grin said:really hoping some moderators will chime in with a bit more than tough titties on this one 🤷‍♀️

I think that much of what is being suggested , would require the Webmiss to do a fair amount of re-programming of the site, all together .   While that job isn't my forte, I would defer to Webmiss for a more definitive answer as far as project time and work involved.

Other options that may or may not be as involved, for a fix of some of the issues in question, could be some sort of block to prevent multiple accounts being made by the same user, as many but not all , "hydras" have been the source of website trouble.  

Another option is to do away with the forums and Just leave the groups, where there is more ability to vet the members joining the groups.

Personally , I'm all for IP address banning but that's not my decision either, when it comes to website function.

Ultimately it's the website owner who decides what they feel is tolerable for their site.

Go to page:
Go to: