potential measures against spam

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Blackwolf said:

Ricky...you hopefully know I respect you...

But on this , I totally disagree with you...

You , yourself , post more junk , than most on this site...

Your art is great...I wish you well in your success...

Yet much of your other posts...

Well , I shall say , I would question the merit...

Do be careful with who you question , when
others could point out how much of your posting
lacks deep content , or applicability to the situation...

Are we cool ?

It's not fair to call something that Ricky has written from his heart or perhaps is therapy for him "junk"
That is very distasteful

If someone were to read something he wrote and it created change or inspired them in some way who are we to say what is junk
It has a different flavor than most writings but he has freedom to post it
I suppose as you have freedom to call it junk
It's just not nice

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

Valeriyabeyond said:

FREEDOM TO POST ALL DAY EVERYDAY AS LONG AS THIS SITE IS UP

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE FORUM DONT READ IT

WITHOUT TOLERANCE
PREJUDICE AND INJUSTICE IS ALLOWED TO GROW
RESTRICTION FEEDS THE BEAST

hi val, I’m thinking more of pages and pages of links or copy pasted text, such as (for example) a few threads by a user where he has replied to himself over 50 times with long chunks of text.

i also think some users have too many active threads especially for political debate in what seems like an effort to overwhelm the forums.

in any discussion it is reasonable to allow the other person or side to speak after you have made your point.

i am suggesting that some sort of restriction, one that we agree is not limiting to creativity or conversation, could facilitate balance. many forum sites use this method. i do not know, because i am not a site overlord, what limits already exist. it’s not an attack on free speech at all.  it’s an appeal to common sense.

that’s a much better explanation than the thread intro

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Valeriyabeyond said:

It's not fair to call something that Ricky has written from his heart or perhaps is therapy for him "junk"
That is very distasteful

If someone were to read something he wrote and it created change or inspired them in some way who are we to say what is junk
It has a different flavor than most writings but he has freedom to post it
I suppose as you have freedom to call it junk
It's just not nice

I appreciate your trying to keep the personal away from this one val x

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Blackwolf said:

I do understand , Umm , however it is true , some in the forum ,
go overboard , and take it to far...have you seen , and totally read
this thread , as a just for instance ?

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11459/1185/

Nah, nah, nah BW you are not going to use my thread as an example of a distateful thread
That is pushing my boundaries

I welcome anyone who would like to post on the Govt thread whatever  they feel is relevant to the conversion
"Without name calling"

If you feel someone is posting  too much too often then don't read find something else to do

Frankly it's only because you disagree with what is posted
That is a biased attitude

calling out my thread as a bad egg on my thread  is acceptable be my guest
Don't do it from another thread that is not cool

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

my bad for missing that, val. i think bw is not referring to your thread as bad itself, but some pages and pages of dodgy links. that said, it's best not to go for specifics here x

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

anna_grin said:

hi val, I’m thinking more of pages and pages of links or copy pasted text, such as (for example) a few threads by a user where he has replied to himself over 50 times with long chunks of text.

i also think some users have too many active threads especially for political debate in what seems like an effort to overwhelm the forums.

in any discussion it is reasonable to allow the other person or side to speak after you have made your point.

i am suggesting that some sort of restriction, one that we agree is not limiting to creativity or conversation, could facilitate balance. many forum sites use this method. i do not know, because i am not a site overlord, what limits already exist. it’s not an attack on free speech at all.  it’s an appeal to common sense.

that’s a much better explanation than the thread intro

You are a dear anna_grin
I disagree
To end or restrict the thread where the posts are excessive and there is no conversation  going anywhere but a reply back to himself would be targeting a member who we disagree with

An attempt to control his choices is  a virtual gang bang by his peers

It obviously doesn't matter to them that no one replies
He feels he needs to share this information
It's important to him

How is he interfering in our lives if he has created his own thread?
Just don't subscribe

The numerous political threads that have  created will fall away on their own

if no one is posting but the host then a moderator should determine whether the thread is at risk of causing harm to someone who may be reading it
Disinformation would be an example of that

FYI to anyone reading this
It really is not that important to me to be the host of a political thread if someone wants to take the reigns and change the format as it is just ask
It's not going to burn my nuts any
If anyone out there feels the need to grab it
I will smile and walk away
Peace

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

val, it would target no one in particular, it would be anyone who uses the forums in this way. if i made a thread for Abortion is a Human Right and proceeded to fill the comments up with screenshots, links and wall text it would be treated exactly the same.

if you do have any better ideas, please share

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

I am such a f**ckn bleeding 💓

But I still support my statements and have no regrets
UnderDog is my idol🤗

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

I don't have any ideas or solutions Anna
I know that was your reason for creating this thread so I will take my gathering of prayer flags and respectfully watch from the sidelines
Much Love Val

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i doubt anyhting will actually change, to be honest with you val

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14528

Valeriyabeyond said:

FREEDOM TO POST ALL DAY EVERYDAY AS LONG AS THIS SITE IS UP

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE FORUM DONT READ IT

WITHOUT TOLERANCE
PREJUDICE AND INJUSTICE IS ALLOWED TO GROW
RESTRICTION FEEDS THE BEAST

That's all good and fine for you, Val. But I don't want the threads I start spammed by someone posting pages of consecutive comments basically talking to themselves ( as well as dissing other members ), and causing subscribers to have to wade through 30 posts to get to someone new.

Sorry. I think it should be up to the thread starter.  

Carry on.

♡♡♡

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Software option that allows you to hide posts of members by plugging in their name. It would have a buttload of benefits. I've mentioned it twice before in the Freedom of Speech & Censorship threads. The post was terribly long to repeat here without copy paste.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

JohnnyBlaze said:Software option that allows you to hide posts of members by plugging in their name. It would have a buttload of benefits. I've mentioned it twice before in the Freedom of Speech & Censorship threads. The post was terribly long to repeat here without copy paste.

not half bad. my apologies if my replies here are limited for the time being

@ ahaviti thanks for responding to the thread

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Found it.

JohnnyBlaze said:Thankfully we do have the ability to block abusive and annoying people on our poems without having to rely on a 3rd party ( moderators + admin with their internal politics ) to intervene.

If only the DUP site software could render personally blocked users completely hidden from view to the blocker on everything - poems, forum, and "public non-clique" groups. Another competing writing site with software that is 20 something years old already does this.

Allowing every obnoxious post left intact, all members seeing such could voluntary self censor. The responsibility for being ignored would then fall squarely on the shoulders of the obnoxious.

It gives everyone the ability to self censor without having to file a single report about anything. Then no one can complain their Free Speech rights are being trampled on.

Censoring the chronic abusers completely from the site for not using the site as intended would then solely be up to the moderators without any input from the members - in the interest of keeping it clean of obvious abuse, SPAM, etc, to continue attracting non members and fresh subscription dollars.

Then if the moderators aren't being dilligent at keeping the site attractive, it is up the site owner to replace them without any 2 cents necessary from the current membership and its politics ( unless a situation involving an abusive moderator arises ... again ).

An abusive member really isn't deserving of participating in the comps launched by someone they have been abusing. People blocked purely based on personal dislike is then the legitimate concern. Comps put to a vote are a non issue. I imagine the software can be programmed to work out the problem, but that bridge has yet to be crossed.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14528

JohnnyBlaze said:Found it.
[. . . ]
It gives everyone the ability to self censor without having to file a single report about anything. Then no one can complain their Free Speech rights are being trampled on.
[ . . . ]

Or being called a * Snowflake * for reporting justifyable reports as instructed to do.

Go to page:
Go to: