Page:

delete

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2641

I was curious if it's really needed for us all to see when a person deletes? personally I find it disconcerting when people start deleting a number of poems...also on my end I don't necessarily want it announced should I choose to delete...just a thought is this function really needed...for example I feel at the current time people are using the delete function to disrupt the site's mood... am I wrong or isn't possible to just delete your account without making a public thing out of it?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I personally like seeing serial poem deletions in my updates so I know who not to comment on anymore.

Deleting a few that you sincerely feel are disasters not worth improving or you are trying to have published, I can understand.

Mass deletions? People, you disrespect everyone by removing the comments they took time out of their day to apply to your poems.

Stop being so self absorbed. Just deactivate, take a breather, and come back later with the comments still intact.

Except for fake, undisclosed accounts. Then, by all means necessary, absolutely completely fuck off.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I completely agree.
I did see some poems by some members 'removed from my RL' cause the poet had deleted.
And in all honesty, i didn't even remember RL'ing nor ever going back to read that particular poem, so it really didn't matter to me, but yes, it did clutter my personal update with nonsense.  
So yes, if that function was disabled by adm would be helpful in terms of..out of sight, out of mind.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14634

crimsin said:I was curious if it's really needed for us all to see when a person deletes? personally I find it disconcerting when people start deleting a number of poems...also on my end I don't necessarily want it announced should I choose to delete...just a thought is this function really needed...for example I feel at the current time people are using the delete function to disrupt the site's mood... am I wrong or isn't possible to just delete your account without making a public thing out of it?

Concurs 100%.

This is the most peaceful I have felt DU in a very, very long time.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

A solution for this might be some further filtering options on the My Updates page. For example, checkboxes to show or hide each type of available update. These settings could also be honoured on the preview you get on the My Home page.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

You can now choose what you see by default on your My Updates page and the summary on your My Home page. You can choose to hide the notifications about poems deleted from your reading list. https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/feed-settings/

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2641

thank you Mistress for this added option
it always makes me sad when people for whatever reason choose to delete...

Sjackson3289
Samuel Jackson
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 18th Feb 2022
Forum Posts: 5

Thank you so much for sharing this Thread with us. Keep sharing more

Page:
Go to: