Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2865

Ahavati said:

No: only her posts ( like the Erotica done right thread ). Everyone else's posts remain. A thread NEVER disappears unless a moderator hides it; or, moves it to the Boiler Room.

Got it now...thanks !

Hope you see where I was coming from now...

We do need *clearer* rules and regulations , policies , etc...

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7840

Blackwolf said:

Got it now...thanks !

Hope you see where I was coming from now...

We do need *clearer* rules and regulations , policies , etc...

Well, if this thread doesn't demonstrate that, nothing will!

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
76awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5191

Umm said:People have the ability to change their minds, the bigger question here is, is this a new rule? ..One the webmiss would support, ..."every time someone deactivates their account the mods will have to lock all the threads started by the person" Seems silly.

Namaste~

We have a good amount of threads with a whole bunch of
posts by ďanonymous ď throughout them and even starting some of them .

There were requests by a few active members , that they be locked so they could restart them for the purpose of hitting the reset around here, clear the air , etc as well as having them easier to look at, so you actually know who made a post rather than guessing with all the anonymous of late.

No offense was meant to anyone in doing so .

Itís not a new rule, no new conspiracy , just a tidying up.

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
  profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1819

MadameLavender said:

There were requests by a few active members , that they be locked so they could restart them for the purpose of hitting the reset around here, clear the air , etc as well as having them easier to look at, so you actually know who made a post rather than guessing with all the anonymous of late.

No worries ☀️☺️

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MadameLavender said:

Madame, thank you for your efforts to move DU forward positively in the aftermath of a dramatic exodus ( obviously for show ) by some. There has been so much deception and betrayal of late. We appreciate your efforts, and listening to DU members. 💗

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3491

Ahavati said:

Madame, thank you for your efforts to move DU forward positively in the aftermath of a dramatic exodus ( obviously for show ) by some. There has been so much deception and betrayal of late. We appreciate your efforts, and listening to DU members. 💗

Yes, thank you, MadameLavender. Everything you've done for the good of DUP over the 6 years I've been here is greatly appreciated. It's getting cleaned up because of your dedication.

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Mr. Craic, why isn't this thread open?

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10703/855/#498138

lepperochan said:Threads are open

let there be no panic. welcome back, 'Lady'

ImperfectedStone
ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1344

There is a now one dedicated to new set up in the speakeasy.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13656

Layla said:Mr. Craic, why isn't this thread open?

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10703/855/#498138

hullo

I locked the podcast thread because the dialogue was gone way beyond what the thread was set up for. It was set uo to inform our listeners of upcoming and imminent launches

It had turned into a bit of a vultures and carcass thread. If you'd like to talk about or get involved in a new podcast i've opened a thread to facilitate it. I'll fetch a link for you now

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/suggestions/read/11578/#498147

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Deleted.

Mister Craic, disregard my initial comment on here.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13656

Hullo  

I think everyone from the team has thanked all those who took part and listened to the podcast. atmosphere on the thread has always been of support and love

I would say, the last straw regarding the members who left the site was more a personal thing. I understand 100% why two members of the team left the site and I do understand why those members felt it was the right time to put the project to sleep. and I agree

so, in summary the members felt they'd taken enough personal jabs and snide sideways punches from some members so they left

I do hope people can get together and broadcast another one. to be perfectly honest, I dont see too many people knocking around who have what it takes in terms of time, know how and imagination

there are a few though, so we can live and hope :)'

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Hullo  
so, in summary the members felt they'd taken enough personal jabs and snide sideways punches from some members so they left

Right. Because those members NEVER took personal jabs or snide sideways punches ( among other deceptive things ) did they?

Are we moving forward * positively * or no?

Viddax, when can we have that moderator's thread?

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2921

those members were plagued by personal jabs or snide sideways punches they also suffered from character assassinations by comments, veiled poems and dishonest gossip. I have seen evidence of this. Recently when these members left their was further character assassinations from several members on the forums - some still visible.

I am surprised that these personal insults were not hidden by the mods - this was a gang pile on plain and simple. As far as I am concerned all the guilty parties should have received a temporary or permanent ban

It is sad that this site has deteriorated especially in relation to named personal insults and abuse not being addressed, hidden and bans issued. This is a different site lately, wich is making me consider my position and membership of DU

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
24awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6536

Late posting due to being on holiday. Apologies, my response will probably be a light version; not quite my normal essay! (Yay?)

Blackwolf

- A very valid image so no fear of it being removed as spam. Memes are a convenient way to spreading information! Unfortunately it seems that good cannot always act when there is evil; good plays by the rulebooks while evil does whatever the hell it wants. The cunning and Machiavellian good is there, but not always noticed because it is so subtle!

Macleod

- A 3 mod policy seems a bit unrealistic/unfeasible with the current 5 mods. Not because we cannot reach a decision, but personal commitments would mean decisions would have a lag time. The type of delay which only makes flame-wars worse!

- A 'No personal drama' rule is a good rule; easier to have on DU if other members highlight personal drama and misbehaviour. It wold greatly help if non-Mod members were able to highlight problems and calm things down: this is however an internet issue that just hasn't been solved. Currently, there has to be moderators and ranks and reporting in order to police the internet.

The bystander effect may have a lot to do with this: basically the idea that 'someone else will speak up' rather than being the voice needed.

I understand that not everyone will have the courage or knowledge of how to step in; simply being longer on DU does not guarantee a wise calm voice either.

- Gang mentality is not always crystal clear to us Mods: our neutral stance sometimes means we do not see the 'jets and sharks' as other members do. When we do act it will not always be obvious, as a list of public enemies is not posted; again a problem of playing by the rulebooks and aiming to be decent human beings in our actions as Mods.

Johnny

- Blocking on DU still allows comments. I can see people running through their list of curses guessing/knowing the target has blocked them. Although nice to be oblivious, the hate and intolerance would still remain there. The cause, the underlying behaviour needs to be addressed. Again, somewhat why this thread was made.

Brokentitanium

- Having anonymous Mod accounts has its benefits and disadvantages. Anonymous accounts are impersonal, and also less accountable: any Mod could start a vendetta using the cloak of being anonymous. A better presentation of the Mods would help: how we are seen and how we are expected to act. It seems rather hypocritical to have Mods have 2 accounts, personal and Mod-related, while discouraging multiple accounts. Multi still leaves room for bleeding over: personal drama crossing over to Mod stuff, and Mod stuff making its way into scathing poems.

Water under the bridge: Sky, Johnny, Ahavati

- From your comments here, you do not seem to be at war; a full account block seems to remove the possibility of a reconcile such as happened for you three. Full block almost seems to further entrench people into their teams and groups; less likely to have to make the effort to get on with each other because they use a mutual platform (website).

Ahavati

- There is nothing absolutely stopping you from starting a thread with the moderators as the topic. However, it is a delicate topic: not just a way to bash those in 'power' and the topic has not always been treated by respect. So there are some caveats and 'encouraged hints' for a mod topic thread (as in not just a thread to air personal grievances).

All

Locked threads.

- Locked threads are this and nothing more: a thread that no new comments can be made on; an archive version.

When a member is permanently removed/ leaves DU, there is no 1 rule for what happens with all they have done on DU. For some they remove their poems, they clean out their desk, and leave. For others they request threads to be locked: a way to close the chapter. Some even ask for the thread t be removed, as in these cases it is a thread or the recent events that left a bad taste (or worse) so they want to close it all and move on without it be an archived reminder.

The Moderators. https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/moderators/

- Currently there are 5 Moderators. Recent events points towards this number not being a good number to cover the size and complexity that DU has reached.
Instructions on how to become a Mod are also somewhat hazy: great for having the air of mystery but not so great for being crystal clear!

We the Mods are currently discussing this issue. However the Webmistress has the final say. At the end of the day DU is her site: the rest of us are visitors. Meaning it is not 100% democratic: and democracy is probably not 100% the answer or aim!

Not trying to shift the blame or point fingers here, but having members and ranks promote the atmosphere they want and that is good, would help. -> By having behaviour set out and discussed, it would make it easier for anyone and everyone to deal with misbehaviour.

Current thoughts

- There is an issue/disparity with where responsibility and power lies on DU.
Some things are the Webmistresses domain (coding, layout, appointing Mods final say). Some are for Mods (reporting investigation, multimedia approval). Some are all members (behaviour, competition descriptions). And some fit into one thing or cross all bits: too much to detail properly here!

Nice & Tolerant

- By and large us poets/writers are prone to accept others and be on the open side of thought and things. However as humans we are prone to forming cliques and building up like-minded groups; natural and not in itself harmful. This sometimes means we as poets can write for all, but have harsh words for those we do not get on with.
The answer to this, kind of relies on changing all human behaviour one website at a time!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Viddax, I am most definitely " not at war ", so thank you for that.  My comment in regards to people not bothering me enough to block them was an alternative way to say,"People can be who they are UNLESS they make snide remarks on my poetry." Then that's it. I have the strength to overlook rabble-rousers. What I do NOT have the strength to overlook, nor would I want to, are bullies ( toward me or another DU member ), and those who have alternate accounts and are not disclosing them. Especially if they are the opposite sex and have had private conversations.

Then you can count on a war, especially if I ( or my friends ) have been personally deceived by such a member.

As far as the moderator's thread, you initially said you were going to start one along with this one. I feel it's your responsibility as the one who is attempting to clarify rules, etc.

Thank you for your efforts.

Go to page:
Go to: