Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Blackwolf said:

You rock , Umm !

I just wish you were truly staying...

You are one of the truly good souls here !

( my opinion , of course )

Oh sheesh!

Umm's threads have been locked, as she deactivated her account, saying DU was no longer the place for her.

The purpose wasn't to hurt anyone or make anyone feel left out.  She left. Even the Poetcast and Erotica done right threads have been locked. So it isn't personal. It was to restart DU in a positive light with current members, not a bunch of threads with Anonymous, only reminding us of a past many would rather forget.

It's best to simply move on into the positive rather than leaving an account up until the threads reach their maximum posts. She apparently doesn't want to be here; she's already deactivated again.

Let's just all move forward with this positive restart as Madame suggested, and not allow the negative or further drama to affect it.

MadameLavender said:Just a heads up in here, because here’s where a lot of conversations are lately :  I locked a few threads in the speakeasy forum, that were started by members who are no longer here and their accounts show as anonymous .

If anyone wants to restart any of these threads, to give a fresh perspective , feel free, as part of the big reset button for DUP right now.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

People have the ability to change their minds, the bigger question here is, is this a new rule? ..One the webmiss would support, ..."every time someone deactivates their account the mods will have to lock all the threads started by the person" Seems silly.

Namaste~

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Threads are open

let there be no panic. welcome back, 'Lady'

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

lepperochan said:Threads are open

let there be no panic. welcome back, 'Lady'

Thank you sir for unlocking the threads

I'll let the community do it's thing now, good luck everyone ✌️💕

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Umm said:People have the ability to change their minds, the bigger question here is, is this a new rule? ..One the webmiss would support, ..."every time someone deactivates their account the mods will have to lock all the threads started by the person" Seems silly.

Namaste~

What seems sillier to me is that someone who basically dissed DU and deactivated her account feeling so possessive of forum threads less than 10 minutes after they were locked. Watching the board much? Anything to crawl out of the deactivation woodwork for drama.

I could care less one way or another, Umm. I just think it's unfair to mommabutterfly, now that she's restarted based on your grand exit x's two now.

I happened to agree with ML about the positive restart. It was a terrific idea to move past the negativity of a multitude of Anonymous posts by members who had deactivated and dissed DU as a place they didn't want to be any longer. I guess it's not that bad after all, is it?

Welcome back ( or not . . . )

Your friendly Welcome Wagon!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

I see you've met the welcome wagon :)'

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

lepperochan said:I see you've met the welcome wagon :)'

Ah, yes...
It's hard to stay away with you still around here, being so funny.

But I must. try. harder. 🤞

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Umm said:People have the ability to change their minds, the bigger question here is, is this a new rule? ..One the webmiss would support, ..."every time someone deactivates their account the mods will have to lock all the threads started by the person" Seems silly.

Namaste~

Try not to be offended Umm
It may feel harsh but holding on to it is destructive
I requested Sky's Erotica thread be closed out of respect for her,  after discussing it with the regulars on the thread who agreed
We will start a new one
It wasn't easy making the decision for any of us
I don't feel it was anything personal against you
And I went ahead and closed mine that weren't getting any attention
❤️

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Valeriyabeyond said:

I requested Sky's Erotica thread be closed out of respect for her,  after discussing it with the regulars on the thread who agreed
We will start a new one
❤️

❤️ Yes. Exactly. We just want to move forward positively. ❤️

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Valeriyabeyond said:

We will start a new one
❤️

That's so sweet of you, it's really not personal though. It's my contribution to the community <3
& I want them to run their course like all the other threads on this website. Perhaps by the time they do, things will be different here & I'll feel like it's a home again -- but who knows.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Blackwolf said:

You rock , Umm !

I just wish you were truly staying...

You are one of the truly good souls here !

( my opinion , of course )

You're very kind sir, thank you 💕

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I no longer have some of my photos from what I posted in that thread...

And I have a computer I can not get fully into to save them ( fuckn reboot middle of night upgrade )

So , my only way to keep my images , and all the images from that thread I saved ,
is to KEEP that thread OPEN...I thank Umm for doing so , and any Mods assisting
in keeping it open...it is a GREAT artistic thread , and should be saved...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Blackwolf said:I no longer have some of my photos from what I posted in that thread...

And I have a computer I can not get fully into to save them ( fuckn reboot middle of night upgrade )

So , my only way to keep my images , and all the images from that thread I saved ,
is to KEEP that thread OPEN...I thank Umm for doing so , and any Mods assisting
in keeping it open...it is a GREAT artistic thread , and should be saved...

Just for future reference: you do realize that if a thread is locked it doesn't disappear? It remains very much accessible, and you can save any image from it ( within copyright guidelines ). Your own definitely! You just can't post to it.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Ahhh...I thought if someone left...

All threads were deleted...

Locked is a different matter...

But if she gave up membership , it would disappear , right ?

Or if someone was banned their threads would disappear ?

( this is a good example of how site rules or ways , are not clearly understood )...; )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Blackwolf said:Ahhh...I thought if someone left...

All threads were deleted...

Locked is a different matter...

But if she gave up membership , it would disappear , right ?

Or if someone was banned their threads would disappear ?

( this is a good example of how site rules or ways , are not clearly understood )...; )

No: only her posts ( like the Erotica done right thread ). Everyone else's posts remain. A thread NEVER disappears unless a moderator hides it; or, moves it to the Boiler Room.

Go to page:
Go to: