Go to page:

DU: How to Behave?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

This is a serious thread to discuss and suggest how users should behave on DU, and how misbehaviour should be handled.
Say about the obvious, or even the 'taken-as': if it is not covered then it cannot be truly considered as part of the site.

Input from any and all members is welcomed. Off-topic or jokey 'lol' comments will not be tolerated. Any off-topic or banter about this topic can be made in your thread: but it will not be considered part of the words here.

The current "Terms of Use" is here: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/terms/.
Behaviour is listed under "4.0 Conduct of Users". - Is there any part that needs to be put in plain words or is unclear?
The aim is to have it clear and understandable by anyone. Please say if you do not follow it or understand it.

For anything that deserves its own thread, please suggest it and a sub-thread will be made for it.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

Sorry, couldn't help it. ^

The current guidelines are as follows for user conduct:

You may not post obscene, degrading, harassing or humiliating User Content on the Site. You may not post or transmit any false, defamatory, abusive, threatening or illegal User Content or User Content that infringes on the rights of others or the ability of others to enjoy this website. We have the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether User Content violates these restrictions or is otherwise unfit for this website. We have the sole right to delete any such User Content that you upload. Users who violate any rules of conduct may be prohibited from creating new user accounts.

It needs to be more specific in regards to the protection of site members against flaming, blatant attacks, false accusations, UNDISCLOSED ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS, and so forth:

You may not. . .

disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real-time exchanges;

attack the character or damage the reputation of other users, name-call, insult, ridicule, mock, electronically stalk ( on or off-site ) or otherwise harass another user; use any member's name in a poem without their specific consent.

insult, attack, belittle, or ridicule the beliefs and life choices of other users;

collect or store personal data about other users;

engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to: interactions, whether publicly or privately as an undisclosed, alternate account; or, collecting and distributing information about other users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law

I had a stalker a couple of years back from here who literally followed me on every social networking platform I was on, and even invaded one of my biggest client's social network pages, sending me messaged and posting to the pages. So am really passionate that needs to be clarified here.

In my case Webmiss did intervene after I provided screenshots; however, the member was allowed to remain a member. I think it needs to be stressed that any member engaging in such activity against another member should lose their membership privileges. It might prevent that type of behaviour from anyone considering it: male or female.

There's a start, anyway.

Now what about a moderator's expectation and behaviour thread?  

poet Anonymous

It's as rare as rocking horse shit for me to comment on social media politics. Social media encourages toxicity as it perfect platform for anonymity. Therein lies the problem. Understand relying on IP addresses alone is troublesome, deal harshly with multi-profilers and that's a start! As regards receiving vitriolic/abusive/venomous private messages, the police have new powers in such cases - many prosecutions in UK alone in recent times. I would never normally advocate going to the police, but on this site alone, it obviously causing much distress. Never allow any fucker to bully you.

poet Anonymous

Nothing from me, other than all is good. I’d never again lead anyone on this site to wherever else I am.
:)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Strangeways_Rob said:It's as rare as rocking horse shit for me to comment on social media politics. Social media encourages toxicity as it perfect platform for anonymity. Therein lies the problem. Understand relying on IP addresses alone is troublesome, deal harshly with multi-profilers and that's a start! As regards receiving vitriolic/abusive/venomous private messages, the police have new powers in such cases - many prosecutions in UK alone in recent times. I would never normally advocate going to the police, but on this site alone, it obviously causing much distress. Never allow any fucker to bully you.

Amen, Rob. Thank you for bringing that up. And I am happy to hear that legal action is being taken against bullies. Enough is enough.

Revised:

engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to: interactions, whether publicly or privately, as an undisclosed, alternate account; collecting and distributing information about other users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 883

I’d just like to add one small thought that I’ve been pondering since this latest brouhaha got underway.  

There was a lot of talk about “unwritten rules” in contests and the like.  As a newer member, I’d ask that you please be aware that not everyone spends a lot of time here, many avoid the forums, and not everyone is privy to “rules” that have been established in conversation outside of the specific thread the competition is placed in.  Please be very clear with the rules of your competitions.  When nominating a candidate for a referral-type competition, there should be a very clear set of words describing exactly what is and isn’t allowed.  Words like, “prefer” are confusing and don’t read well as a “rule” for entries.  

Just a thought.  

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

'You may not use deepundergroundpoetry.com to advertise products or services, to solicit users to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind.' This does not seem to be enforced.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

If not on a positive vein (no cloaking shit) i don't think we should permit a poet's name here be allowed in a poem (title or body of the spill)

i realize positive is in the heart of the interpreter but most of us within reasonable understanding KNOW when a spill is of a positive vein and when
it
is
not.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:If not on a positive vein (no cloaking shit) i don't think we should permit a poet's name here be allowed in a poem (title or body of the spill)

i realize positive is in the heart of the interpreter but most of us within reasonable understanding KNOW when a spill is of a positive vein and when
it
is
not.

Good point. Direct names are not supposed to be used without permission ( as mine was recently inferring I had committed something so heinous to the poet I needed to be forgiven ).

Madame reiterated that in her response to Kinkpoet when he posted a poem referencing her.

MadameLavender said:
[ . . . ]
If you want to argue circles around this and try to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes , knock yourself out, but I did not give my permission for using my name and making mention of me in your poem —it’s always cordial to ask first , if you’re going to write about someone here, and use actual names .

poet Anonymous

I give permission for anyone to use my real name, or username.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

dustyJournals said:I give permission for anyone to use my real name, or username.

this is not the place for that

Pin it up on Your profile page.

Not being negative but Viddax
wanted this thread to be more of a technical problem solving nature.

(but nice to know -- whoever You are    )

poet Anonymous

“Direct names are not supposed to be used without permission” and then says about me trying to start trouble?
I’m out of this thread.
I won’t write Ricky a thousand times. I’ll take the name down, people might then get it.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

dustyJournals said:“Direct names are not supposed to be used without permission” and then says about me trying to start trouble?

What are you talking about?! I made no mention of you. I wasn't referring to you trying to start trouble. I wasn't referring to you at all.

poet Anonymous

I meant if people wanted to write anything about me, in poems or forums. I have no problem with it.

And then get told I don’t know who I am?
Also said person left a laughing face, which has already broke the guidelines of the thread.

All, have a good day.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Ahavati said:[b]

What are you talking about?! I made no mention of you. I wasn't referring to you trying to start trouble. I wasn't referring to you at all.

From my observation
over many Threads
this individual uses
Deflection and or Obscuration

in many posts.
Never being explicit or concise or clear.

Go to page:
Go to: