Go to page:

I think you need an explicit group

poet Anonymous

I understand what you are saying. However many sites have to handle and maintain such content. In fact I know a mental health site that doesn’t allow its users to swear or post about dying. Even though for some the outlet is felt to be needed. Regardless of what we believe we can’t control, there are still set guidelines given by the people who own and run the servers that hold the content of the website. My concern is what happens if it’s is deemed to be not being regulated to those requests? The fate of the site surly would become an issue and that would be a sad thing for all those wanting to freely express within a contained environment that allows such things.

But again all I am doing is questioning a concern. It doesn’t have to be taken seriously by anyone.

I myself write explicitly from time to time. But I am aware not everyone wants to be apart of that. As much as people want to be, why should others be pulled into it?

But I am not implying things should be banned completely. I question how it’s currently managed as I read comments and reactions that all propose questions about such content. I don’t have the answers myself, which is one reason I brought it up.

I understand there will always be some with that on the brain. I certainly wouldn’t want to be the person responsible of managing that.

But whoever runs this site, has that on their shoulders, which I for one am very aware of. And with respect of that, I wouldn’t want to be the cause of any problems when it comes to certain subjects. As much as I like to freely write my thoughts out, I must be mindful and grateful someone takes the responsibility to run this site and give me a window to show my work and express myself

Never am I intending to offend or upset anyone. I just notice things. But maybe I should just keep schtum  :)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

Shakti_143 said:

[ . . . ]
Never am I intending to offend or upset anyone. I just notice things. But maybe I should just keep schtum  :)

I disagree. You should always express yourself.  I was merely addressing the premise of your advocacy as flawed, and suggesting an alternative approach to getting what you want.

poet Anonymous

I honestly don’t think there is an answer. From how you put it, there will always be someone posting on others with such content or trying to force the group subject to always be sexualised.

I just hope it never causes the admin real problems. As that would be sad for everyone. There are so many good things with this site. It would be a shame something like that could ruin it   . But I am no one in particular, just someone who takes notice I guess

Thanks for addressing things and helping me understand

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Shakti_143 said:I honestly don’t think there is an answer. From how you put it, there will always be someone posting on others with such content or trying to force the group subject to always be sexualised.

I just hope it never causes the admin real problems. As that would be sad for everyone. There are so many good things with this site. It would be a shame something like that could ruin it   . But I am no one in particular, just someone who takes notice I guess

Thanks for addressing things and helping me understand

Actually, what I said was that a group for explicit sexual content ( your premise for advocating ) would  likely not prevent things as they are now; however, a group for like-minded to congregate and share intimate experiences is a valid premise for advocacy.  

You're very welcome and best of luck!

poet Anonymous

I agree with that, as I would feel comfortable posting in something that was strictly adult. But like I say many sites deal with such problems and other problems too

Best of luck

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Shakti_143 said:

Best of luck

LOL! Thanks, but I'm in no way advocating for such a group.  It's simply not my wheelhouse.  

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

Perhaps, we need a BITCH Group
to shag all the foul balls
and keep the discourse outta the writing threads?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

Tallen said:Perhaps, we need a BITCH Group
to shag all the foul balls
and keep the discourse outta the writing threads?

O.o

Go to page:
Go to: