Go to page:

Would you be in favor of this?

NewBeginnings
Tyrant of Words
United States 18awards
Joined 6th June 2017
Forum Posts: 102

Upon a quick glance-over, I didn't see a thread for this, so I decided to post:

There is already an ability to sort poems by different criteria, but if you do, once you refresh the page, it reverts back to the "Latest Poems"

It would be nice to have the ability to sort my poetry by least read poems, for example, and have it saved this way, where when people go to my poetry page, they see the least read poems first rather than my latest. That would allow us to get more exposure on older poetry that has been "long forgotten"

Or... Let's say, I wanted only my best poems shown first, I could sort by RL entries.

I think you get the point! I figured I'd just do a vote to see if others thought this might be a good idea as well. Yes or no?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Eh. I'm not for the idea because... when I go to others' poem pages it's generally to see if they've posted something new which I've missed, so the current system is very intuitive and convenient for me.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I'm all for it, I think its a fantastic idea.  
Some of our best gets forgotten or missed especially if we have pages n' pages of poetry.  I personally am guilty of never scrolling more than their first page to look at their work, especially if its someone that i'm newly interested in following and most often i base my opinion of their style on their last few pieces.  Which is not always an accurate assessment.   So,, yes was my vote.

P.s. I know we have the 'hide' option but it's not the same.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

While automation is great and all - I think if you really like a particular poet, you'll read as much of their work as you can and make a mental note where you left off.

If it is feedback you are after on least read items, you can always request a special theme be created such as #honestcritiquewanted or #criticalanalysisneeded

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

JohnnyBlaze said:While automation is great and all - I think if you really like a particular poet, you'll read as much of their work as you can and make a mental note where you left off.

If it is feedback you are after on least read items, you can always request a special theme be created such as #honestcritiquewanted or #criticalanalysisneeded

Also, if you are a subscriber, you can "Bump" old poems to the top of the Latest Poem list.  I've bumped others and had mine bumped several times. It's anonymous, so it's a kind thing to do for someone without drawing attention/credit to yourself.  This allows you to share poetry you feel deserves more exposure.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Ahavati said:

Also, if you are a subscriber, you can "Bump" old poems to the top of the Latest Poem list.  I've bumped others and had mine bumped several times. It's anonymous, so it's a kind thing to do for someone without drawing attention/credit to yourself.  This allows you to share poetry you feel deserves more exposure.

I didn't know i could Bump other peoples' spills!!
i've been bumping my old crap for a while but until today..........

(sometimes i wonder how i am still here on the planet   )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Tallen said:

I didn't know i could Bump other peoples' spills!!
i've been bumping my old crap for a while but until today..........

(sometimes i wonder how i am still here on the planet   )

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

i rarely read / follow erotic spills here in the Deep.

If Your ink is not on my radar
(people i follow -- do they follow You?  or Your ink caught my eye in a comp ?  or You graced my ink with a tender comment?  THEN, YEAH, i have no idea who You are and would not be reading or commenting on Your ink  --  there are many ways to get noticed but YOU have to do most of the work)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
NewBeginnings
Tyrant of Words
United States 18awards
Joined 6th June 2017
Forum Posts: 102

Interesting discussion we've started here...

I see that we're torn here!

I figured people would be all for this idea. I guess everyone has found "work arounds" to cope with this one. I just didn't figure it would be a difficult feature to add, especially seeing as we already have the sort button... Just need a button that says "set as default", and a way for the server to remember that...

Anyway, I guess I probably won't get my sorting option since everyone is so divided on this...! Lol

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

NewBeginnings said:Interesting discussion we've started here...

I see that we're torn here!

I figured people would be all for this idea. I guess everyone has found "work arounds" to cope with this one. I just didn't figure it would be a difficult feature to add, especially seeing as we already have the sort button... Just need a button that says "set as default", and a way for the server to remember that...

Anyway, I guess I probably won't get my sorting option since everyone is so divided on this...! Lol

You are right - it wouldn't be terribly difficult for the Webmiss to work in such ( when she has the opportunity ) - she's very brilliant at coding.

Personally, I've retitled my poems across most of my accounts so that they've become self categorized. This allows for more targeted reads on what readers are actually interested in. And it keeps my stuff better organized for when it comes time to publish.

No matter what, if a person is deeply affected by your writing, they'll dig through as much as possible and leave substantial comments which are worth more individually than a hundred "Good job!" backclaps.

Anyhoo ..... on fresh OR older writes - you're more apt to get feedback of a substantial nature if you give feedback of a substantial nature.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: