Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

i don't like to bring up kinks in the system without a suggestion
but i never use my cell for internet interaction
and so
when newbies ask for help with posting poems for NOMINATING ONLY type of comps,
i am at a loss and know no one to suggest they contact.

Only a guess,
but maybe we'd have more participation if people knew
HOW TO
HOW TO W/ DUP
WHAT TO DO
&
HOW TO DO IT

Hell, i've even read Vet poets who have asked HOW TO's though they've been here for many many years.

Just bringing up an ongoing thing that's been ongoing  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14265

Tallen said:i don't like to bring up kinks in the system without a suggestion
but i never use my cell for internet interaction
and so
when newbies ask for help with posting poems for NOMINATING ONLY type of comps,
i am at a loss and know no one to suggest they contact.

Only a guess,
but maybe we'd have more participation if people knew
HOW TO
HOW TO W/ DUP
WHAT TO DO
&
HOW TO DO IT

Hell, i've even read Vet poets who have asked HOW TO's though they've been here for many many years.

Just bringing up an ongoing thing that's been ongoing  

I'm confused. All they have to do is copy and paste a link for nomination-type poetry.  Or, are you referring to technical difficulties with their devices?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Ahavati said:

I'm confused. All they have to do is copy and paste a link for nomination-type poetry.  Or, are you referring to technical difficulties with their devices?

Probably both
but maybe mostly the technical
and since i own a Flip phone usually i have NO idea the problems smart phone users have

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:

Probably both
but maybe mostly the technical
and since i own a Flip phone usually i have NO idea the problems smart phone users have

Technical difficulties I understand; copying and pasting a link I don't.  But then this is technology and anything can go at times.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Ahavati said:

Technical difficulties I understand; copying and pasting a link I don't.  But then this is technology and anything can go at times.

i came across a newbie who says she is unable to copy & paste a link to the comps

and that's why she doesn't participate

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:

i came across a newbie who says she is unable to copy & paste a link to the comps

and that's why she doesn't participate

That makes no sense! But, technology. . .

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Ahavati said:

That makes no sense! But, technology. . .

it didn't sound logical to me
but i know some phones are difficult to navigate
between apps and their firmware

She did say her Tablet went down and maybe that's another issue of being used to the Tablet and now all of a sudden trying to figure out the phone thingy  

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

I agree that the nomination process is a bit fiddly. The forum competitions were never designed for submitting poems which are not your own. The nomination type competitions are a special case, and that's why I had to recently build some functionality to deal with them better.

I think what you may be asking for is some kind of search functionality to allow members to find a poem to nominate without copying and pasting the link. Building that into the competition threads would involve a fair bit of work.

Another option would be to allow poems to be nominated from the poem's page itself.

It really comes down to what extent we want the monthly nomination competitions to be woven into other areas of the site.

Usability is about making things easier for people, but part of that also involves minimising the amount of buttons and links available. Therefore I'm always apprehensive about adding more functionality to the poem pages because there's already lots of things to click on!

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

admin said:
I agree that the nomination process is a bit fiddly. The forum competitions were never designed for submitting poems which are not your own. The nomination type competitions are a special case, and that's why I had to recently build some functionality to deal with them better.

I think what you may be asking for is some kind of search functionality to allow members to find a poem to nominate without copying and pasting the link. Building that into the competition threads would involve a fair bit of work.

Another option would be to allow poems to be nominated from the poem's page itself.

It really comes down to what extent we want the monthly nomination competitions to be woven into other areas of the site.

Usability is about making things easier for people, but part of that also involves minimising the amount of buttons and links available. Therefore I'm always apprehensive about adding more functionality to the poem pages because there's already lots of things to click on!

i 100% understand this!
When i took a Data Processing course and had to write programs in Basic, C+ and a couple of other programs it was time consuming envisioning and working the Logic into the process.  i hated making the Flowcharts for the Prof but understood why it had to be included as one time there was a gliche in my Basic program and it took me Foreeeeeeeever to locate the error (if You've ever written shit in Basic, You know the challenge)

i think maybe i was just
" Wishful Thinking "  Webmiss.

appreciate Your response, though  

Page:
Go to: