Go to page:

Themes are still f*cking stupid

RByron418
R Byron Johnson
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 16th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 48

Seriously.  Why themes and not just hashtags?  There are only a small handful of available themes, most of which don't fit at all.  And you can't create a new theme just by typing it like you can do with hashtags.  Instead you have to go through some completely unnecessary process that is dumb as all hell.

What moron decided this was a good idea?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

RByron418 said:Seriously.  Why themes and not just hashtags?  There are only a small handful of available themes, most of which don't fit at all.  And you can't create a new theme just by typing it like you can do with hashtags.  Instead you have to go through some completely unnecessary process that is dumb as all hell.

What moron decided this was a good idea?

The same person who isn't verbally abusive to you and who doesn't force you to participate here.

Your thread has been reported. Good luck getting a healthy discussion going in the Boiler Room.

Phantom2426
Francisco J Vera
Tyrant of Words
United States 21awards
Joined 25th Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 5238

I don't really enjoy the themes because sometimes it hard to define your poem.  On the other the themes do give the readers an insight on what your poem is stating.

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

whilst i agree with the OP as to the unsuitability of the themes, i'd definitely say there was a better way to word the issue.

the themes are problematic unless one wishes to state the most basic, and even then i found no end of having to toggle back and forth looking for things. it's just not very cohesive and could use an overhaul with all due respect.

i'm not a fan of hashtags, personally.

Phantom2426
Francisco J Vera
Tyrant of Words
United States 21awards
Joined 25th Jan 2020

To each his own

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

I would have to agree with the OP on having an issue  with choosing a theme. Although I'm not a real #hashtag fan either. An overhaul with the themes may help but it still will not categorize all posts correctly.  This appears to be a theme based sight if you were to compare it to other sights With that being said i feel it's one of those deal breakers that would provoke you to leave or convince you to stay If we could have all the things on one site that attract us to many others we may be living in a ©Walgreens world which we are not So.... Perhaps some suggestions could be made from the OP as to what themes they would like to see changed or added.  The developers of this site are human and I'm sure would lend an ear when it comes to improvement I know the correct way to criticize or come down on  someone is with a compliment first then hit them hard, followed with a compliment
Hello DU I wanted to let you all know how this site has changed my life Honestly I searched and searched and this site seem to make me feel at home I appreciate that
I would like to talk with you about the themes they are........#@........--% and they don't....$@&&'.as far as I'm concerned...&$@$  
I feel that would be a big help and would compliment this already awesome place that i call home together we can and will
Thanks Poet

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Has anyone ever suggested a new theme using the Suggest button when adding themes ....?

Webmiss instructed me to do that when I asked for #StephenKing

There was no problem getting it.

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

JohnnyBlaze said:Has anyone ever suggested a new theme using the Suggest button when adding themes ....?

. Sounds like a good idea
There is a tendency for some  to expect things to be as they  expect them to be when they are not they complain whereas people like you use the suggestion button I think that is saying something that I would rather not say

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

#hashtag #stupidf@ckinthemes #sorrydude
#pokinfun

dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

shouldn't the theme be discovered
whilst reading the poem ?

and as for deciding what to read,
I tend to go by the poet,

or serendipity ..

Phantom2426
Francisco J Vera
Tyrant of Words
United States 21awards
Joined 25th Jan 2020

Serendipity is very good thing

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I remember using hashtags in the 1970's...

Afghani , Lebanese , Moroccan , Homemade...

Not quite the same , though...;)

I myself use them onsite , just not a huge fan , but understand why...

Adding to them , if possible , doth so help...

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

JohnnyBlaze said:Has anyone ever suggested a new theme using the Suggest button when adding themes ....?

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/suggestions/read/10155/75/

seems this is a long-standing issue

Go to page:
Go to: