Page:

Suggestion for new category.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Like all poets I like to write about every aspect of my life.  The kids in my family have played a very important part of it.  Recently in response to the mathematical competition I contributed a poem story from an old poem scrap book that I wrote for my nieces.  
My family has been reminiscing over that old scrap book since and how it was such an influence on them.
So, my suggestion is this.  Why not have a poem category just for.kids?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2285

snugglebuck said:Like all poets I like to write about every aspect of my life.  The kids in my family have played a very important part of it.  Recently in response to the mathematical competition I contributed a poem story from an old poem scrap book that I wrote for my nieces.  
My family has been reminiscing over that old scrap book since and how it was such an influence on them.
So, my suggestion is this.  Why not have a poem category just for.kids?

There would have to be a way to PROTECT the Kids.

Similar to when i sometimes teach Kids chess online.  I will use a site where i can set up a room and only me and whoever has the Password to enter the room will be there.
I then email the Password to the Parents.
Safety 1st especially when it's online.

So if a safe room can be created
then Yeah, a good idea.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Tallen said:

Similar to when i sometimes teach Kids chess online.  I will use a site where i can set up a room and only me and whoever has the Password to enter the room will be there.

then Yeah, a good idea.

Way I  interpreted  his post was he'd like a category for childrens poems written by members. I see no  safety issues with that once the poetry is in good taste

decent idea

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14567

Tallen said:

then Yeah, a good idea.

I really appreciate you being so cautious about children online, Tallen.  Predatory behaviour, particularly toward juveniles has cost more than one life.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

lepperochan said:

Way I  interpreted  his post was he'd like a category for childrens poems written by members. I see no  safety issues with that once the poetry is in good taste

decent idea

This is what i mean when i tell people i often interpret what people say much differently than what the majority of others see.

Appreciate the other interpretation, though.

russell_snow
Twisted Dreamer
United States 4awards
Joined 19th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 25

Are you referring to nursery rhymes? Maybe that term would clear the confusion if that's the kind of poems you're thinking.
Merry Christmas!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Tallen said:

This is what i mean when i tell people i often interpret what people say much differently than what the majority of others see.

Appreciate the other interpretation, though.

probably what gets you into trouble a lot

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

russell_snow said:Are you referring to nursery rhymes? Maybe that term would clear the confusion if that's the kind of poems you're thinking.
Merry Christmas!

could be right, 'nursery rhymes are fairly fixed rate though. for one thing they have to rhyme n such.  that said, wouldn't be a bad idea to have a nursery ryhme section anyway

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

lepperochan said:

probably what gets you into trouble a lot

Yup --
You have no idea  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words