Go to page:

A group exclusively for erotica?

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2301

DaisyGrace said:

the problem is that if it was a group that i was running, i have VERY strong opinions about what is erotica and what is porn (and i'm not trying to start that argument here) and i'd not be able to keep my mouth shut about it. ha!

hence, why i say i'm tempted.

i'm tempted, but i will not give in.


I see
So IF you had a group it would be strictly Erotica? and yes we don't need to debate the differences I have a clear sense of erotica vs smut which could all be the same or not but I do follow what your saying.
A group strictly for the writing of erotica without smut would be a group in and of itself and much easier to format and "control" ( hate that word)

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 8918

DaisyGrace said:

well, thanks. but it was a fleeting temptation.

and seriously. not many people would like me being the group leader/moderator/dictator.


Which is why you would be perfect for an 'Erotica' themed group.


lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13840

Ladies and gents. if I may

what's needed to launch this group is some people who would have the commitment to run it.

That's the first step


then you need to decide the parameters for the group ie Erotica. what's  going to be an acceptable  post

those two steps are essential.


figure out what's impeding progress. try get over it, or you'll all be running around in circles for years.


we're here to help.


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 8918

Lepp, respectfully, your points have been made ( by myself, actually, a few pages back ). What members are doing now is beginning to step forward to discuss potential involvement. I think it's great and should be encouraged.

Daisy, I would love to see you and Johnny run the group. You're both great at erotica, and he's of the same mindset in regards to speaking his mind ( though I don't know if he'd bite at the recommendation ).  He's also killer at critique when requested and has experience in running a group, setting up guidelines, etc. I think you two would make a great team.

I don't know if I have the time but will support you guys whenever I can.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13840

fair enough. no harm in a bit of reiteration I spose. and on that note, if there are questions or drop a line, well work it out

fair play, the ball is indeed rolling  probably one of the hardest to start rolling so far. I personally look forward to the impending launch

good stuff

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 8918

lepperochan said:fair enough. no harm in a bit of reiteration I spose. and on that note, if there are questions or drop a line, well work it out

fair play, the ball is indeed rolling  probably one of the hardest to start rolling so far. I personally look forward to the impending launch

good stuff


agreed! It's exciting!

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2301

lepperochan said:Ladies and gents. if I may

what's needed to launch this group is some people who would have the commitment to run it.

That's the first step


then you need to decide the parameters for the group ie Erotica. what's  going to be an acceptable  post

those two steps are essential.


figure out what's impeding progress. try get over it, or you'll all be running around in circles for years.


we're here to help.
C


The attraction is there for me and it would be a full spectrum erotica based group,  categorically placed BDSM, porn, or romance erotica.  I would leave the critique to the other  groups and practice freedom to express oneself and an openess to accept good criticism when it's given like Sir  BlackWolf does on erotica thread

My time won't allow for it.  Besides I'm flighty, I'm all over the board with ideas, I need a straightjacket to put me to bed at night .
I would be better at a group for Profound  ADHD
I have been distracted from this post
10-15x since I began writing it

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4110

Ahavati said:Lepp, respectfully, your points have been made ( by myself, actually, a few pages back ). What members are doing now is beginning to step forward to discuss potential involvement. I think it's great and should be encouraged.

Daisy, I would love to see you and Johnny run the group. You're both great at erotica, and he's of the same mindset in regards to speaking his mind ( though I don't know if he'd bite at the recommendation ).  He's also killer at critique when requested and has experience in running a group. I think you two would make a great team.

I don't know if I have the time but will support you guys whenever I can.


Thank you. 😊

As much as I truly appreciate the seal of Ahavati approval, come NaPo season I would end up ignoring everything else LOL I can't multi task worth a damn.

But given the right people in charge * cough * Daisy * cough * I'd be willing to squeeze in critiques when possible. I mean, I already do them, so ...


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 8918

JohnnyBlaze said:

Thank you. 😊

As much as I truly appreciate the seal of Ahavati approval, come NaPo season I would end up ignoring everything else LOL I can't multi task worth a damn.

But given the right people in charge * cough * Daisy * cough * I'd be willing to squeeze in critiques when possible. I mean, I already do them, so ...



Yes! NaPo is a BEAST!

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 874

But here’s the thing:

What I call erotica and what you (royal you here people) call erotica may not be the same. So if I was running a group for erotic poetry and refused to let some people participate/post because I deemed their poem as smut/porn we’d have people butt hurt and reporting me for attacking their work and calling their “beautifully” written erotica a piece of porn.

Which is why I think a group like this would be very hard

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 8918

DaisyGrace said:But here’s the thing:

What I call erotica and what you (royal you here people) call erotica may not be the same. So if I was running a group for erotic poetry and refused to let some people participate/post because I deemed their poem as smut/porn we’d have people butt hurt and reporting me for attacking their work and calling their “beautifully” written erotica a piece of porn.

Which is why I think a group like this would be very hard


Well, here's another thing:

There could be categories in that group which could integrate, shall we say, certain types of "erotica". There could be a category for smut, etc. Some people like to get down and dirty; and admit it!

I get what you're saying ( believe me ). In our former HCC group, we were publicly attacked multiple times in the forums by a butt-hurt member. You just have to take it in stride and not feed the trolls.

You know I'm just trying to keep you here year-round, right.

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 874

Ahavati said:

Well, here's another thing:

There could be categories in that group which could integrate, shall we say, certain types of "erotica". There could be a category for smut, etc. Some people like to get down and dirty; and admit it!

I get what you're saying ( believe me ). In our former HCC group, we were publicly attacked multiple times in the forums by a butt-hurt member. You just have to take it in stride and not feed the trolls.

You know I'm just trying to keep you here year-round, right.


see...i just can't call smut/porn pieces erotica. maybe that makes me a...purist? i don't know.

so....

can we have a group that is for both. because we both know, A, that I like to write both. don't call it a group for erotica and i might be even more tempted.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 8918

DaisyGrace said:

see...i just can't call smut/porn pieces erotica. maybe that makes me a...purist? i don't know.

so....

can we have a group that is for both. because we both know, A, that I like to write both. don't call it a group for erotica and i might be even more tempted.


I don't see why you couldn't have both? Lepp?

And, as far as terms, I feel the same way as you do. Which is, as you know, the reason I refrain from reading it here ( with the exception of a select few ). I am not an erotica snob; I just know what I like.

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 874

Valeriyabeyond said:

I see
So IF you had a group it would be strictly Erotica? and yes we don't need to debate the differences I have a clear sense of erotica vs smut which could all be the same or not but I do follow what your saying.
A group strictly for the writing of erotica without smut would be a group in and of itself and much easier to format and "control" ( hate that word)


this is exactly what i would want IF it was a group just for EROTICA. if i was running a group for poetry that was about all things sex...then we could have a section for smut/porn.

i just can't call smut/porn pieces erotica. i just can't.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 8918

DaisyGrace said:

this is exactly what i would want IF it was a group just for EROTICA. if i was running a group for poetry that was about all things sex...then we could have a section for smut/porn.

i just can't call smut/porn pieces erotica. i just can't.


Girl! The title would be up to you! The guidelines would be YOURS.  

Go to page:
Go to: