Go to page:

A group exclusively for erotica?

Igawyrwal1
Igawyrwal1
Phi
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 18th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 27

Thanks

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
88awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7095

Igawyrwal1 said:Thanks

LMAO!

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2786

DU is a privately owned commercial site. This means that if admin doesn't want this kind of section then she is quiet with her rights to do so. I think those who are fans of taboo erotica should form a specific group and then approach admin.

I think there should be a line drawn between Erotica and Taboo Erotica (Pornographic)

Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

David_Macleod said:DU is a privately owned commercial site. This means that if admin doesn't want this kind of section then she is quiet with her rights to do so. I think those who are fans of taboo erotica should form a specific group and then approach admin.

I think there should be a line drawn between Erotica and Taboo Erotica (Pornographic)



If a group were started for taboo erotica would the writings stay within the group
In other words taboo would have a home and wouldn't be mingled with erotica?



Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2205

Actually , there is no such thing as "taboo erotica" ;

That is a misnomer ;

There is erotica , and there is pornography ;

Now there can be erotically expressed ponography ;

Yet reversed , it could no longer be called erotic ;

Please study , and learn , whoever does not know terms ,
so the conversation may have basis in proper terminology
with respect to meaning in correct sense...

( not addressed to you , Valeriya )

Due respect for all here , yet proper understanding is of great importance...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotica

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2786

Blackwolf said:Actually , there is no such thing as "taboo erotica" ;

That is a misnomer ;

There is erotica , and there is pornography ;

Now there can be erotically expressed ponography ;

Yet reversed , it could no longer be called erotic ;

Please study , and learn , whoever does not know terms ,
so the conversation may have basis in proper terminology
with respect to meaning in correct sense...

( not addressed to you , Valeriya )

Due respect for all here , yet proper understanding is of great importance...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotica


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Erotic literature comprises fictional and factual stories and accounts of eros passionate, romantic or sexual relationships intended to arouse similar feelings in readers,[1] in contrast to erotica, which focuses more specifically on sexual feelings. Erotic literature can take the form of novels, short stories, poetry, true-life memoirs, and sex manuals. A common feature of the genre is sexual fantasies on such themes as prostitution, orgies, sadomasochism, and many other taboo subjects and fetishes, which may or may not be expressed in explicit language.[2] Other common elements are satire and social criticism. Much erotic literature features erotic art, illustrating the text.

Despite cultural disapproval of such material, circulation of erotic literature was not seen as a major problem before the invention of printing, as the costs of producing individual manuscripts limited distribution to a very small group of literate readers. The invention of printing, in the 15th century, brought with it both a greater market and increasing restrictions, including censorship and legal restraints on publication on the grounds of obscenity.[3] Because of this, much of the production of this type of material became clandestine.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_literature

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2786

Valeriya said:


If a group were started for taboo erotica would the writings stay within the group
In other words taboo would have a home and wouldn't be mingled with erotica?




As far as I am aware a group can be formed as "Private" or "By invitation only" - not 100% sure but at least the question could be asked of Admin

Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

David_Macleod said:

As far as I am aware a group can be formed as "Private" or "By invitation only" - not 100% sure but at least the question could be asked of Admin


Thank you

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2205

My link is as well from Wikipedia , David , and quite
honestly I would disagree with the source you posted...

Pornography is *not* a subcategory of erotica , taboo
or not , in phraseology...taboo refers to non accepted ,
or restricted...

Pornography stands on its own , ( or reclines , or any
other position )...erotica , is subtler hints at sexual
situations , or encounters , yet is not blatant...

Taboo connotes a meaning of "non accepted" especially
by mainstream , and that is not how I would term pornography ,
nor would I cross it with erotica...

I stick with my link , and definition , and feel the person writing
such , comes from a *very* modern , uneducated viewpoint...

Erotica was found in Pompeii...as was pornography...

Best to you...we can of course disagree !

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2205

And , if something is called Taboo Erotica ,
I shall just continue posting where I already
do , as that has sufficed for most all of us to
present time...;)

_shadoe_
_shadoe_
katyusha
Tyrant of Words
54awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 561

i think it's a great idea {if it ever comes to fruition}
not only as a place to share one's writing but to learn {if one was so inclin'd}.
someone be so kind as to hit me with a link whenever this comes to pass, I'd love to participate.
Спасибо🖤

Quietus
Quietus
Strange Creature
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 10

Yeah, this site has pretty much gone downhill in that regard, even since I joined late last year.

Look, I can respect people's desire to write erotica, and the website to allow it, but damn, even looking at my "online now" sidebar, there is like 60% sexually-centered avatars.

It's beyond me why these folks can't just congregate on actual erotica sites. There are plenty of platforms and websites where you can share your desire to perve on. But they pick the one decent little niche poetry site to come to.

I came here for good poetry and to interact with interesting minds, not to meet members of Pornhub.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2205

I dispute your allegation that at 4:08 - 4:11 , there were
anywhere near your statement of sexually oriented avatars...

That statement is pure bullshit...

Tell the truth !

( are you some overboard purist ? )

Just Wondering

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
88awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7095

Quietus said:Yeah, this site has pretty much gone downhill in that regard, even since I joined late last year.

Look, I can respect people's desire to write erotica, and the website to allow it, but damn, even looking at my "online now" sidebar, there is like 60% sexually-centered avatars.

It's beyond me why these folks can't just congregate on actual erotica sites. There are plenty of platforms and websites where you can share your desire to perve on. But they pick the one decent little niche poetry site to come to.

I came here for good poetry and to interact with interesting minds, not to meet members of Pornhub.


LOL! The beautiful thing about DU is that it's inclusive of everyone; thus the extreme content filter. If you don't like something, don't open it! It's really very simple. There are powerhouses of good (non-erotic ) writers here; focus on them.

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
Thought Provoker
  profile   poems   message
Joined 23rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 395

Let me lick you up and down, until you say stop 🎶


Go to page:
Go to: