Go to page:

Fav thing about DU

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

I think it's time we discuss our fav things about DU.

What's the strongest part of DU to you?

Me? I'm a loyal lifetime pusher, because of the incredibly more than fair support of poets!

This place is a philanthropist's rose garden!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

The strongest part for me is that the Webmiss allows her individual members to excel in what they're good at.  Though I don't like speaking for Johnny, I know he will agree that for us it's critique and NaPo; both of these avenues enable us to personally improve our writing through guiding other poets toward their own goals - be them simply to improve or publish.  There is a sense of Love within the circle of poets we associate with ( or those who have our back ) - and that consensus of camaraderie keeps us strong while serving as a reminder ( when storms kick up ) of what's truly important: Love, People, and Poetry.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Amen about the love and community. It's an unexpected lifeline to people like me.

And yeah! DU is def set up to cater to our strengths as we participate! I think it's amazing.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:The strongest part for me is that the Webmiss allows her individual members to excel in what they're good at.  Though I don't like speaking for Johnny, I know he will agree that for us it's critique and NaPo; both of these avenues enable us to personally improve our writing through guiding other poets toward their own goals - be them simply to improve or publish.  There is a senses of Love within the circle of poets we associate with - and that sense of camaraderie keeps us strong while serving as a reminder when the storms kick up, of what's truly important: Love, People, and Poetry.

Johnny would also like to add that the functionality especially in regards to  submitting poetry KICKS ASS. Would you believe at other poetry sites you need moderator approval for each poem submitted? And then for every edit you make? Oh, hell to the no.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

Johnny would also like to add that the functionality especially in regards to  submitting poetry KICKS ASS. Would you believe at other poetry sites you need moderator approval for each poem submitted? And then for every edit you make? Oh, hell to the no.

Say wha??

DU now looks 10x better.

And I already loved it!!

I love this thread.

❤️🤓🤓🤓🤓❤️

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

The community
The Podcast
The humour pedlars
The art
The knowledge

and a few life-long friends.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

2nd chances from roughly 80% of the old timers
and Webmiss

Spiritual and cosmic connections

Family-like support of like minded and like feeling spillers of ink

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

i'm pretty new here, still; around 62 days or somewhere abouts.

for me, it's been the huge reward of finding some great writing, interesting and fun new personalities to chat with, and some old on-line buddies along the way. most have made me feel very welcome. at my age, i'm not crying about the others :D

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

butters said:i'm pretty new here, still; around 62 days or somewhere abouts.

for me, it's been the huge reward of finding some great writing, interesting and fun new personalities to chat with, and some old on-line buddies along the way. most have made me feel very welcome. at my age, i'm not crying about the others :D

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 883

The people who take a moment to tell you they like your work, hands down.  Bonus if it resonates 💖.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

LunaGreyhawk said:The people who take a moment to tell you they like your work, hands down.  Bonus if it resonates 💖.

I def. want to follow you! Consider it done! Glad to meet you. This thread keeps getting better. 😎

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 883

EdibleWords said:

I def. want to follow you! Consider it done! Glad to meet you. This thread keeps getting better. 😎

Thank you, EW; I will do likewise.  Nice to meet you

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

The platform is what make everything bind together so well, easy to maneuver, easy to find, easy to post, to engage privately and publicly.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Poems about cats and other animals with human attributes

Go to page:
Go to: