Page:

notification about poem nominations

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

it would probably be a good idea (and polite!) to have a system that notifies anyone who has had their poem nominated by another in comps here.

especially since when we do this that person's poem appears in full on the comp page and not just as a link.

does it already show up as a 'share'? if it does, good; as a noob, i am still finding out how this site works on a technical level.
it would maybe still be courteous to let the authors know, individually, when we nom them or there should be some auto-message that gets sent their way to alert them. just as a matter of etiquette, really.

Jade-Pandora
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States
145awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5000

Yes, when you nominate a member’s ink, a little share will show up on the poem’s page site. However, sometimes I remember to leave a comment for that particular poet as a heads-up.  Other times I kinda sorta forget to.😇. I will do better in future, ma’am.😊

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Jade-Pandora said:Yes, when you nominate a member’s ink, a little share will show up on the poem’s page site. However, sometimes I remember to leave a comment for that particular poet as a heads-up.  Other times I kinda sorta forget to.😇. I will do better in future, ma’am.😊LOLOL

a little auto popup message might serve to notify then it wouldn't matter too much if we err as humans :D

Jade-Pandora
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States
145awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5000

butters said:LOLOL

a little auto popup message might serve to notify then it wouldn't matter too much if we err as humans :D


Saaayyy... what about a notification?  You mention a pop-up, and that made me think of the notifications we all get for one thing or another.  We get ‘em when a member enters a poem in a comp, or a comment in a forum, so why not a nomination? Hmmm.  Ms butters, I see dee light!💡

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Jade-Pandora said:

Saaayyy... what about a notification?  You mention a pop-up, and that made me think of the notifications we all get for one thing or another.  We get ‘em when a member enters a poem in a comp, or a comment in a forum, so why not a nomination? Hmmm.  Ms butters, I see dee light!💡
ha lol illuminating stuff.

this popped up because Poetryman said he'd been totally unaware of anyone nomming him a few months back or something, and was hunting to see who had.

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868


damn, shudda saved this post for something suitably demonic. #Fail
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 16th Sep 2019
Forum Posts 666

ha lol illuminating stuff.

this popped up because Poetryman said he'd been totally unaware of anyone nomming him a few months back or something, and was hunting to see who had.

"...what strange machinery lies between her ears" — HarryHill

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 674

I second that, I think it would be cool to see it in our updates.

admin
admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards   profile   ?

butters said:it would probably be a good idea (and polite!) to have a system that notifies anyone who has had their poem nominated by another in comps here.

This functionality now exists; released as part of a larger update related to 'nomination style' competitions.

Page:
Go to: