Go to page:

New Member Locator Button

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

Is there an easy way to access new members to the site?  Some drop down menu I am not aware of?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Hullo

I believe there is

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I've looked under poets but there is nothing there.  Do you know where it is?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I looked under poets and found "new" at the sort by dropdown thingy. might be a mod thing though

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Nopes. Must be a Mod thingie.  I'm trying to find a way to direct people to new members for the new member of the month comp.  They're not easy to locate. Any suggestions?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Nopes. Must be a Mod thingie.  I'm trying to find a way to direct people to new members for the new member of the month comp.  They're not easy to locate. Any suggestions?

Yeps. Mod only thingie.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Perhaps a moderator could provide a list of newbie names which could be edited into the bottom of the comp, so members could locate them?  Or perhaps Webmiss could implement a "New Member" option for everyone?  That would be the best solution.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Perhaps a moderator could provide a list of newbie names which could be edited into the bottom of the comp, so members could locate them?  Or perhaps Webmiss could implement a "New Member" option for everyone?  That would be the best solution.

A handy dandy idear!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

A handy dandy idear!

Thank you, de'yar!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Not a hope, lady

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Not a hope, lady

Of Webmiss implementing a new member locator?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Ahavati said:

Of Webmiss implementing a new member locator?

Hullo

that would probably be an option. I think webmiss took it away to stop 'recruiting' though I'm not 100% cos it was a long time ago

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:

Hullo

that would probably be an option. I think webmiss took it away to stop 'recruiting' though I'm not 100% cos it was a long time ago

Before my time!  Hopefully she will think of something; or, someone will suggest something clever to resolve it. It would also help new members gain attention ( positively, I would hope ).

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

that said, I'm unsure why you would need to access our new members to run a comp. every member has their start date on their profile if you need to see if they are eligible

I really dont think it was before your time

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:that said, I'm unsure why you would need to access our new members to run a comp. every member has their start date on their profile if you need to see if they are eligible

I really dont think it was before your time

It may not have been; but, I have absolutely no recollection of her removing a new member button ( drop down whatever ) due to recruitment? I don't even know what that means? Recruitment into what, exactly?

It would make it easier to locate new members to nominate for the comp. Is it essential? No? We can look at avatars to the left of our screens and investigate how long they've been at DU; however, what if they are not online when we are?  What if we never see them?  A drop down would be nice for discovery not just for the comp, but those of us looking for newbies to support.  It would garner the newbies more attention. It seems like a win/win to me.

Go to page:
Go to: