Page:

unforgivable

smackdownraven
Dangerous Mind
5awards
Joined 29th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 50

I've been away from the site for the last two days only to return to find one of my favorite poets chased away by a bully... I was taking a break after defending a poetess here from a bully... what is unforgivable to me is this went on at length with no one intervening you can be damned sure if I had been here I would have come out swinging on the person attacking my dear friend HighlyFunctional...

here is the link that was sent to me in pm by a concerned poet of the goings on this day...

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/latestcomments/Karabea/

I demand to know where the mods are when we need them...I vow to continue to slash and burn with my poetry any who openly insults another here friend or not...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14648

I am deeply sorry to hear this; however, if the comments weren't reported then the mods were clueless. There is no way they would allow those types of responses to go unchecked because they clearly violate the guidelines.  

Judging by their actions, this individual appears to be a vengeful and jealous person with a side of spiteful antagonism.  Hopefully Vincent will realize that these actions have nothing to do with him personally, but mirror the caliber of the commenter. Who, obviously feels threatened by Vincent in some way.  Many people with emotional issues who feel threatened by another individual act out publicly or manipulatively behind the scenes in such ways.  Seeing it for what it is helps.  Particularly narcissists, because if they can't control you then they attempt to control what people think of you.

As a recent year-long survivor of narcissistic bullying, I can fully relate to how you feel, Vincent; however, leaving a site you contribute so much  to, as well as being supported and loved by so many friends because of one mentally unstable person is not the answer.   Anymore than it was for me.  I say survivor vs victim because I refused to leave; but, stood firm by completely ignoring my abuser despite what anyone else thought, because I knew the truth. It's not easy at times, but it's worth it if you can hang in there.  

Bide your time and keep moving forward until it comes back home to roost, Vincent. Because it will.  You're not alone. People like that only have so much time before the truth is exposed.  And we can defeat this plague together.

Three things cannot long stay hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

smackdownraven
Dangerous Mind
5awards
Joined 29th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 50

Ahavati said:I am deeply sorry to hear this; however, if the comments weren't reported then the mods were clueless. There is no way they would allow those types of responses to go unchecked because they clearly violate the guidelines.  

Judging by their actions, this individual appears to be a vengeful and jealous person with a side of spiteful antagonism.  Hopefully Vincent will realize that these actions have nothing to do with him personally, but mirror the caliber of the commenter. Who, obviously feels threatened by Vincent in some way.  Many people with emotional issues who feel threatened by another individual act out publicly or manipulatively behind the scenes in such ways.  Seeing it for what it is helps.  Particularly narcissists, because if they can't control you then they attempt to control what people think of you.

As a recent year-long survivor of narcissistic bullying, I can fully relate to how you feel, Vincent; however, leaving a site you contribute so much  to, as well as being supported and loved by so many friends because of one mentally unstable person is not the answer.   Anymore than it was for me.  I say survivor vs victim because I refused to leave; but, stood firm by completely ignoring my abuser despite what anyone else thought, because I knew the truth. It's not easy at times, but it's worth it if you can hang in there.  

Bide your time and keep moving forward until it comes back home to roost, Vincent. Because it will.  You're not alone. People like that only have so much time before the truth is exposed.  And we can defeat this plague together.

Three things cannot long stay hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

thank you dearest Ahavati for helping me better understand the way the mods work here I just don't understand why it wasn't reported...the other day when another poetess was bullied I wrote a poem to perpetrator it really didn't occur to me right off to hit report I sometimes forget we can do that perhaps other people do too...

I do hope  Vincent returns because while this does happen it isn't the norm here and I think with the interaction and support we get here it's worth staying...though admittedly you have to stand  your ground so to speak...

I'm sorry also you also suffered this way it does make one really angry it did me in any case...this will pass I have faith he will come back with the knowledge the community knows better than to pay any heed to this person...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

smackdownraven said:

thank you dearest Ahavati for helping me better understand the way the mods work here I just don't understand why it wasn't reported...the other day when another poetess was bullied I wrote a poem to perpetrator it really didn't occur to me right off to hit report I sometimes forget we can do that perhaps other people do too...

I do hope  Vincent returns because while this does happen it isn't the norm here and I think with the interaction and support we get here it's worth staying...though admittedly you have to stand  your ground so to speak...

I'm sorry also you also suffered this way it does make one really angry it did me in any case...this will pass I have faith he will come back with the knowledge the community knows better than to pay any heed to this person...

It does pass, Raven.  The key is not to feed into it. People like that crave drama to fuel their cache, so to speak. Ignoring them at all costs is the best measure of combat.  Therefore, I can understand why Vincent ignored the comments, and possibly left because he felt it was in the best interest of peace and the site.  He is not the dramatic type who wants to block someone, nor have anything to do with negativity.   But, there comes a time in everyone's life when they must stand up to such behaviour not by reciprocation of action - but by focusing on the positive in your own life and moving forward despite an abuser's actions.

Walk right through them, so-to-speak, until you come out the other side.

There are a lot of jealous and insecure people out there who feel threatened by others.  Many need psychological guidance ( and often medication ).  There is little one can do when targeted by such abuse, except trust in the few aware of truth to support you through turbulent times meant to test your resolve and own behavioural responses.

One thing is for certain and two for sure - the truth will emerge if you refuse to become embroiled in reciprocal behaviour.  The Universe has your back.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Any time you see bullying, report it. Even if you suspect it might have already been reported.

There were days when I utilized creative ways of discouraging it in Internet forums, but those places had no moderators or concerned admins and owners. And I just don't have the energy or patience for that anymore.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Bullies of any hue should be named and shamed. Info and evidence on them should be seen by the whole membership. Report and block on every occasion and if it continues report again. Take screenshots and save private messages. Compile your case supported by evidence. If you delete or have no evidence then the complaint may not be dealt with

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:Any time you see bullying, report it. Even if you suspect it might have already been reported.

There were days when I utilized creative ways of discouraging it in Internet forums, but those places had no moderators or concerned admins and owners. And I just don't have the energy or patience for that anymore.

Yep! Worked for me! Plowing through with Poetry and trusting in the process knocked that bully right off his power-abusing high-horse!

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

several bullies have to be named and shamed and taken out - in time it will come!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

not everything

Page:
Go to: