22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1325

This thread got me thinking

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/poetry/read/10991/#455094

Maybe the Webmiss
could add a Grammar / Spelling Alert. Tab
(similar to the #themes' tab)
where someone could leave a critique or friendly feedback AND alert the writer of potential writing errors

I don't know if doable
but just a thought (me doing what i do 24/7 )

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1644

Interesting! Anonymous feedback!

poet Anonymous

It would benefit people I'm sure. But whether she would dig into the software and initiate it is the question.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2323

Here's a partial solution:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/cafe-critique/discussion/2033/

I think critiques should only be done if a writer requests them - But it's still quite a good idea.

cold_fusion
cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Australia
19awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 2314

David_Macleod said:Here's a partial solution:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/cafe-critique/discussion/2033/

I think critiques should only be done if a writer requests them - But it's still quite a good idea.

But hey just because a writer for whatever reason chose honest critique... Some run away with it as a license to tear apart the work, rewrite and show off... perhaps some egos not satisfied with one personality... Anyhow... Worth having a look at.

elsiesan
elsiesan
Twisted Dreamer
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 30

Good idea.

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 854

cold_fusion said:
But hey just because a writer for whatever reason chose honest critique... Some run away with it as a license to tear apart the work, rewrite and show off... perhaps some egos not satisfied with one personality... Anyhow... Worth having a look at.

can't say i've seen anything resembling that, yet, though i've seen a few mention it. i've seen some detailed critique, i've seen suggestions, but not come across these terrible hatchet jobs on poetry... maybe i will as i delve further into the site. maybe it's more a case of perspective and clashes of personality.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
79awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 4076

butters said:

can't say i've seen anything resembling that, yet, though i've seen a few mention it. i've seen some detailed critique, i've seen suggestions, but not come across these terrible hatchet jobs on poetry... maybe i will as i delve further into the site. maybe it's more a case of perspective and clashes of personality.

There hasn't been anything like that here by a seasoned critiquer, because a seasoned critiquer knows how to critique.   There have been some trolls who've jumped in the fray and rocked the boat. And plenty of purported nasty critiques by those who appear more as sour grapes because of personality clashes.  

Also, critiquers are as unique as poets in how they critique. Some leave no stone unturned while others brush the surface.  Neither are wrong and both should be appreciated for honoring the author's request.  

Depends on how much time I have to contribute as to how I mercilessly shred without compassion honestly critique a poem.

#elitist  

snugglebuck
snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States
76awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1798

I always appreciate it when a fellow DU member alerts me to a grammatical error.

It's sorta of like when you get all dressed up but the zipper on your pants is undone.  Why many will just laugh and wait for your animal to escape, a true friend will tell you that you left your barn door open before it's to late.

Besides, I'm  certain I'm not the only member of DU that contributes while on the run.  There are periods where I'm so busy at work, when I'm on DU, it's through my phone or my tablet.

Consequently, I've done a lot of screw-ups.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 951

Some words are spelled differently , according to tradition , taste , time periods , etc...

No one has a right to touch my poetry , nor should anyone feel they have a right...

We all spell the way we do , and many times it is intentional in poetry , or writing in
general to spell words differently than generally thought "correct"...

If I wanted a fuckin' spelling robot , I would buy one...;)

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Blackwolf said:Some words are spelled differently , according to tradition , taste , time periods , etc...

No one has a right to touch my poetry , nor should anyone feel they have a right...

We all spell the way we do , and many times it is intentional in poetry , or writing in

well so long as your comment-choices reflect that, i'm sure no-one has an issue, balkcwfol

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 951

butters said:balkcwfol

I had to LOF at that one , Butters...

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Blackwolf said:

I had to LOF at that one , Butters...
good, it was my intention, nothing mean

*back to poetry entries*

PeaceTreatyeceiP
PeaceTreatyeceiP
Strange Creature
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Nov 2019
Forum Posts: 5

Blackwolf said:Some words are spelled differently , according to tradition , taste , time periods , etc...

As a poet who is particular, Id have to agree. I dont want to have to reread my shit in hopes of it not be corrected.nor have someone "correct" me not knowing the Back/Forth/SideGrounds of my resulted piece. The Edit button suffices in my opinion. Works are a repsentation of a "you",if you want to look your best you'd polish til its flawless in your eyes.
But to each thier own

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
79awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 4076

PeaceTreatyeceiP said:
As a poet who is particular, Id have to agree. I dont want to have to reread my shit in hopes of it not be corrected.nor have someone "correct" me not knowing the Back/Forth/SideGrounds of my resulted piece. The Edit button suffices in my opinion. Works are a repsentation of a "you",if you want to look your best you'd polish til its flawless in your eyes.
But to each thier own

Thus the "no comment", "friendly feedback" or "honest critique" option.  

Go to page:
Go to: