Page:

Attachments via PM

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I don't know if it is doable through private messaging here. But it would be great if we could send file attachments via PM. Especially helpful for example, if I do an audio of a members poem for them and they want me to send them the recording.
I did one this week for the next edition of the Poetcast and I had to ask for the persons email so I could send it.

Not everyone likes to share their email, especially with someone they hardly know.

Just an idea.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14630

I went through this VERY thing with Team NaPo this year - I had to request almost 30 email addresses to forward their marketing graphic.  I didn't mind as I didn't use my personal email, but business; however, it's still a good idea for those who don't want to disclose their personal information.  I think in the guidelines or somewhere it cautions against giving out your email address?

poet Anonymous

... well it’ll make dick pics more accessible for the more discerning weirdo

Na, in all seriousness, it would be a very useful feature for team Poetcast. Definitely a great idea, Mags.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Ahavati said:I went through this VERY thing with Team NaPo this year - I had to request almost 30 email addresses to forward their marketing graphic.  I didn't mind as I didn't use my personal email, but business; however, it's still a good idea for those who don't want to disclose their personal information.  I think in the guidelines or somewhere it cautions against giving out your email address?

Absolutely. Some people like to keep their DU activity away from anything outside, having an email address solely for DU correspondence is the only other option.  

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Miss_Sub said:... well it’ll make dick pics more accessible for the more discerning weirdo

Na, in all seriousness, it would be a very useful feature for team Poetcast. Definitely a great idea, Mags.

I don't want to encourage a willy fest but, there is already an image tab in private messaging. You do need a URL, I'm sure there is a massive selection on google

I was thinking it will help the Poetcast a great deal. And the Groups too  

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5289

Magdalena said:I don't know if it is doable through private messaging here. But it would be great if we could send file attachments via PM. Especially helpful for example, if I do an audio of a members poem for them and they want me to send them the recording.
I did one this week for the next edition of the Poetcast and I had to ask for the persons email so I could send it.

Not everyone likes to share their email, especially with someone they hardly know.

Just an idea.

I reckon the storage space need of the site would rise significantly... otherwise an excellent idea.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Maybe it will. No response yet to know

FailedHerHeart
Love shrimp0710 forever
Strange Creature
Joined 31st Oct 2019
Forum Posts: 3