Page:

More options to the poem

SkyeCebh
Twisted Dreamer
Sweden
Joined 7th June 2019
Forum Posts: 45

I'd like to have the opportunity to align my poem not only left and center but also on the right. Not the whole always, but sometimes a line or a whole stanza. Or just a word.

There is a way to empathize something (bold, italic, another font, in parentheses or brackets), however the right alignment takes something out of context and - at least for me and the way I write - also allows for nuances and multifaceted tangents.
I layer emotions that way sometimes. Or breaths. Or a paus.

Would that be doable?

poet Anonymous

This is something I’ve actually thought about myself. Would definitely be all for this as layout on the poem page outside of desktop (on the mobile site) is really hard to work with.

It would add other dimensions to the poem.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Right aligning could be quite challenging because there's no standard rendering size for a poem, it fits according to the screen resolution of the device and the (maximum) length of the lines. On larger devices therefore, you could end up with the right aligned content being far away from the rest of the poem content.

poet Anonymous

I’ve also noticed that you can’t format any poem’s layout on your phone. You can move it maybe a few spaces, but that’s all you get.

Works perfectly on a laptop, but on the mobile site ya get squat.

poet Anonymous

I've noticed the same (because I often write "shape poems")...while it would be nice to edit/align more easily, this site has so many other assets, the positioning of some lines is almost a non-concern (at least to me).

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Miss_Sub said:I’ve also noticed that you can’t format any poem’s layout on your phone. You can move it maybe a few spaces, but that’s all you get.

Works perfectly on a laptop, but on the mobile site ya get squat.

Do you mean adding spaces to the front of a line?

Page:
Go to: