Go to page:

Poetry Book Reviews

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

DU has produced several great poets who have been published.  Frank Green (aka. Hades Rising) is one such writer.  I've read his book of damn good scary writes.
I think it would be great of DU provided a forum dedicated to reviewing poetry books.  Especially those produced by members, not only to promote our members, but DU itself.
What are your thoughts?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

I think it's a wonderful idea. I just bumped the DUP Published Author's thread in the poetry forum. I am slowly working my way down it.  

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/poetry/read/8982/75/#441815

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

snugglebuck said:
What are your thoughts?

Kimmy!  There it is, my friend, the link to the forum I told you about, the one that will help answer the question you asked me.

Everything of mine included there is years ago, and yes, I was/am in a large number of actual printed anthologies as well.  By the time a member friend of mine from here invited me to check out DUP, I needed to downscale and shift down to a more relaxing speed because I had been at full tilt without a let-up since my mid-teens. It was that, or burn to a cinder, so to speak.  That’s why my references outside of the Deep are older. But being here gradually got me back up to speed, for however much longer is up to the Universe.

I hope that helps you, Snuggles!
ever
Jadey🐾rawr!

( And huge thanks, Sage! )

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1613

snugglebuck said:DU has produced several great poets who have been published.  Frank Green (aka. Hades Rising) is one such writer.  I've read his book of damn good scary writes.

Thanks for the shout out. I hope it was scary enough for you, lol.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Thanks to you, after reading your book, I never sleep without a night-light. 😡

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013

snugglebuck said:Thanks to you, after reading your book, I never sleep without a night-light. 😡

No light guarantees safety

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

I wonder if a "book club" would be a good idea for a group?

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013

admin said:I wonder if a "book club" would be a good idea for a group?"Book Club" sounds good to me.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

HadesRising said:"Book Club" sounds good to me.

What format would it take? A new book each week or month and then a discussion?

Would any of you lot be interested in running such a group?

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1337

admin said:

What format would it take? A new book each week or month and then a discussion?

Would any of you lot be interested in running such a group?

Other online book clubs I’m in choose a book a month. The leader, obviously, leads discussion questions but other members can pose questions, thoughts, etc.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

I love your idea.  

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

sounds like a good idea to me ....once a month would be good as once a week might get expensive ...then at the end of the year we nominate a book of the year...just a thought. Terry

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SatansSperm said:sounds like a good idea to me ....once a month would be good as once a week might get expensive ...then at the end of the year we nominate a book of the year...just a thought. Terry

Awesome idea. I'll be member and support, but really have no time to head it up.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Through the month of April I'll  be sort of busy.  But by the middle of May I could head it up.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

snugglebuck said:Through the month of April I'll  be sort of busy.  But by the middle of May I could head it up.

You'd be perfect. And thank you again for hosting the Classic Corner this month.  We truly appreciate it. I'm wrestling down my Gibran entry, btw. I haven't forgotten about you - though my eyes are ready to kill me! LOL!

Go to page:
Go to: