Forum Posts: 2264

Agree  100%

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2608

my poems are not titled correctly for this type of search though they are a series... I would love to sort by dark, love, erotica etc...

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

This sounds a lot like what I asked for a few years ago. Since we already put categories and themes on our poems, why can't those be used to search our libraries?
JJ

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

yelluw_always said:I would absolutely love to be able to link some of my poems under one banner, like a series- i have several.

it would be awesome to be able to scroll through them all at once, even if posted at different times, on the same page. or at least a special button that will arrow you through a linked series.

I like this idea, but it would need careful thought to ensure it doesn't make the site more complicated to use. In a sort of related vein, I'd like to give members more options for customising their profiles, for example choosing which poems to feature on it.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Poetryman said:This sounds a lot like what I asked for a few years ago. Since we already put categories and themes on our poems, why can't those be used to search our libraries?
JJ

There's definitely something in this too, let me have a think

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

I would love to be able to put the poems in the order I want them to be seen.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

interesting thought

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011

inechoingsilence said:I would love to be able to put the poems in the order I want them to be seen.

I like this idea too.
In a way it's kinda like ranking our own poems. But the caveat is that we are not always the best judges of our own work. Something I have found on this site and others over the past 20 years on line is that others like poems of mine that I don't think are particularly good. On other other hand, I don't get much response on poems I feel really good about.

But I sorted my poems in my books according to the order I wanted people to read them and what do they do? Skip around the pages and read them randomly...

Here you almost get forced to read them by most recently posted, which can be bad if you write something that isn't that great. First impressions can make a reader stay or leave. If they go, they might not come back all based on one poem you wrote on a bad day.

JJ

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

Exactly my thoughts! That's what the comments are for. I have my very first poem, that I think is fantastic, and it's already on page 2. I want that one to be seen first. It's just a thought.

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011

I started here by posting the one's I wanted read first, but that was 8 years and 600 poems ago. They have gotton long since buried. I don't want to lose the comments I got back then by reposting them, but who has time to read 600 poems of mine?

At least the categories we post them under would allow readers to find what interests them in a sea of poems they might otherwise never see...

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Thanks for the suggestion. Being able to group poems, for example into collections or 'books', is a great idea and definitely something I will get to implementing at some point.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1122

rabbitquest said:What we need to create is a graphical page where a member can have like a reading room. A visitor can see books on a shelf, a jar with slips of paper in it, a diary hidden in a coat pocket.
The visitor can click on the visuals, and start turning pages.
The person who created their home page can organize their works, grouped into the books. Reading a particular poem, and the visitor can be granted a shiny keythat can open the diary.
This is very easy to code.
Believe me.

I adore this idea! Especially the granting of access to the "diary" poems. I'd love to have a subset that are only accessible to those I've decided to entrust them to...

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

I have a few series on site from writings I wrote years ago and published in 09. People rarely look back through older works here, but occasionally it does happen and a link between posts in a series would be handy. Thanks for the consideration. Your interview was terrific. It was nice to hear from you.

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

admin said:Thanks for the suggestion. Being able to group poems, for example into collections or 'books', is a great idea and definitely something I will get to implementing at some point.

Oops, forgot to hit quote. This comment was intended for you, most illustrious webmiss

I have a few series on site from writings I wrote years ago and published in 09. People rarely look back through older works here, but occasionally it does happen and a link between posts in a series would be handy. Thanks for the consideration. Your interview was terrific. It was nice to hear from you.

Go to page:
Go to: