Go to page:

Ability to group poems

yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 24th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 141

I would absolutely love to be able to link some of my poems under one banner, like a series- i have several.

it would be awesome to be able to scroll through them all at once, even if posted at different times, on the same page. or at least a special button that will arrow you through a linked series.

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

That would be a terrific addition. I have seen the site builders make a lot of improvements in my tenure on the site. We didn't have the Author's Note section for a long time. I find it a valuable guide marker in my reads. I have a few series on the site that would be nice to have a link button to the next installment.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

you can use the title of the poems for this and then search poems as a list to then go to and alphabetic grouping

ie; Mudd Poem 1, Mudd Poem 2, Mudd Poem, 3 Mudd Poem 4, Mudd Poem 5, Mudd Poem 6,..................
or Shot the Sheriff A, Shot the Sheriff B, Shot the Sheriff C, Shot the Sheriff D, Shot the Sheriff E, Shot the Sheriff, F, ......

yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 24th Dec 2018

Yes- I navigate this way but this proposal will reduce one step of  going back and forth between that list and the poem.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Just an alphabetic scroll - you can have two browser tabs open at once

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2288

I wish i could make a folder for my Reading List so i could put a series of spills into the one folder.  
Sky_dancer is writing a novel piece by piece and I'm waiting for her to finish and then hopefully i've saved enough RL slots to add to my RL IN ORDER.  
The me and my followers can read non-stop in order.  But too bad we couldn't make a Folder and then add the Folder to the Reading List.

I hope i made sense -- lol
(in my mind it all makes sense)

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

the same kinda applies to the last post as well as this. It is important for sky_dancer to titles all the novel posts appropriately - The Mole: chapter 1, the Mole: chapter 2 and so on.  You can then view their poems as a list and they will be listed all in order. So the site has a way this can be done just not in a specific folder. There are many ways to store this on other multimedia sites. Why not message the webmiss direct to see if this could be made possible

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

David_Macleod said:the same kinda applies to the last post as well as this. It is important for sky_dancer to titles all the novel posts appropriately - The Mole: chapter 1, the Mole: chapter 2 and so on.  You can then view their poems as a list and they will be listed all in order. So the site has a way this can be done just not in a specific folder. There are many ways to store this on other multimedia sites. Why not message the webmiss direct to see if this could be made possible

so NO to the Folder, idea.

Fine  (makes me wish the hell i learned how to write code as to learning to engage people and selling ---- damnit.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Tallen said:

Fine  (makes me wish the hell i learned how to write code as to learning to engage people and selling ---- damnit.)  

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Tallen said:

Fine  (makes me wish the hell i learned how to write code as to learning to engage people and selling ---- damnit.

Never say never, as I recommended ask webmiss the question

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

David_Macleod said:

Never say never, as I recommended ask webmiss the question

I have no idea who to ask in a logical way.'
I will leave this up to others

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

not so - Just ask the webmiss the same question I responded to - simples :-)

yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 24th Dec 2018

Isn’t here the space to do it? Why do it through personal mail? Asking out of curiosity?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

What we need to create is a graphical page where a member can have like a reading room. A visitor can see books on a shelf, a jar with slips of paper in it, a diary hidden in a coat pocket.
The visitor can click on the visuals, and start turning pages.
The person who created their home page can organize their works, grouped into the books. Reading a particular poem, and the visitor can be granted a shiny keythat can open the diary.
This is very easy to code.
Believe me.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

rabbitquest said:What we need to create is a graphical page where a member can have like a reading room. A visitor can see books on a shelf, a jar with slips of paper in it, a diary hidden in a coat pocket.
The visitor can click on the visuals, and start turning pages.
The person who created their home page can organize their works, grouped into the books. Reading a particular poem, and the visitor can be granted a shiny keythat can open the diary.
This is very easy to code.
Believe me.

one of the best ideas I've read in ages

Go to page:
Go to: