Go to page:

The Next Level

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

admin said:

Thanks for your suggestion. I can understand your frustration on this and I will have a think if there's a way to communicate when the next slot opens.

The issue with this is two-fold, firstly the algorithm is not straight forward and takes into account a number of variables. Secondly, I've always been concerned about the possibility of people creating short "junk comments" just to hit targets.

Meanwhile, I just released an update to be a bit more generous with the allowances. I will continue to monitor and tweak this. I'm trying to strike a balance between keeping the reading list exclusive, so people have to put consideration into their choices, while also allowing people enough flexibility to regularly add new content.

Thank you for addressing this. I've never had such difficulty in earning an RL until these last two weeks.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Webmiss, thank you for whatever you did. I was just able to RL 4 poems in a row without having to make 48 or so comments to earn the right to.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

the problem I am

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

JohnnyBlaze said:Webmiss, thank you for whatever you did. I was just able to RL 4 poems in a row without having to make 48 or so comments to earn the right to.

The changes I made apply retrospectively, so it provides a 'one time' boost, as well as making them accrue quicker in future. The updated amount of reading list entries you have available will show at the bottom of your My Reading List page.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

admin said:

The changes I made apply retrospectively, so it provides a 'one time' boost, as well as making them accrue quicker in future. The updated amount of reading list entries you have available will show at the bottom of your My Reading List page.

Yes, I can see the updated amount.

Thank you again for this.  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Would anyone care to sell me some open Reading List slots?

Now it is taking me almost 20 comments to earn 1 RL.

Do I need to sacrifice a goat or something to ease the pain?

Or should I just simply spam "Nice poem" everywhere I go?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

The importance of the reading list add value has been devalued. Don't get me wrong they are nice to get, at least the reader thought your poem good enough to make the extra effort of reading listing it.

As I say the system is getting devalued by the RL addition gets abused. It states in the DU guidelines thet people with multiple accounts do not use these accounts for boosting a poem, competition votes and RL adds using the block votes of multi-account users.

this type of practice can sometimes take the shine of the RL add

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14269

JohnnyBlaze said:Would anyone care to sell me some open Reading List slots?

Now it is taking me almost 20 comments to earn 1 RL.

Do I need to sacrifice a goat or something to ease the pain?

Or should I just simply spam "Nice poem" everywhere I go?

LMFAO!  I might have a goat hanging about. Does it have to be a live one? Or can it be a painting? 🐐

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

LMFAO!  I might have a goat hanging about. Does it have to be a live one? Or can it be a painting? 🐐

At this point, I'll take anything! Goat cheese if we must! 🐐🍕

I'm just sad and frustrated that I have to make like 160 comments just to RL the handful of poems you posted these last few weeks.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

At this point, I'll take anything! Goat cheese if we must! 🐐

I'm just sad and frustrated that I have to make like 160 comments just to RL the hsndful of poems you posted these last few weeks.

I have some goat cheese and figs I can prepare with a warmed port wine sauce! It would befit a Godly sacrifice! 🍷

But first tea and coffee! 🍵☕ It might help you catch up!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

I have some goat cheese and figs I can prepare with a warmed port wine sauce! It would befit a Godly sacrifice! 🍷

But first tea and coffee! 🍵☕ It might help you catch up!

Mmmmmm, sounds delicious. 🍕🐐🍷 But, yes - coffee and tea is a definite must if I'm ever going to earn those darn RL's!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Mmmmmm, sounds delicious. 🍕🐐🍷 But, yes - coffee and tea is a definite must if I'm ever going to earn those darn RL's!

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy! You gotta earn my poetry! LOL

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy! You gotta earn my poetry! LOL

I'm trying! I'm trying! It's not easy! I do my best to leave constructive advice on most every poem I read!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I'm trying! I'm trying! It's not easy! I do my best to leave constructive advice on most every poem I read!

"Nice!"

LOL!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

"Nice!"

LOL!

LMAO!

I should be using the text generator I write all my poems with.

"I found your poem to be quite a knob that I enjoy turning despite my obsessive compulsive disorder."

Go to page:
Go to: