Dangerous Mind
United States 7awards
Joined 24th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 133

The Gift

There is too much energy
in my bones tonight for sleeping.

Gazing out my window at the shadows
where a full moon in Pisces ought to shine.

Mind races like the currents of  
the Grand River that I sat by.  

Crystals that were gifted there
call a Siren song to my heart.

The tides are churning, seafoam oozing
like pus from the pores of perceivable time.

Minerals collect at my feet.

How long have I been standing here
with this wistful stare?
Written by nightbirdblue (enbyblue)
Go To Page  
Hey all...

I’ve uploaded a few pictures on previous poems of mine, but they always turn up very low quality (blurry/can’t see detail... basically not HD). When I first upload the picture and preview it, it is high-def. But then once I’ve submitted it and view the post, the image is blurry. I’m not on WiFi because I live in the country and don’t have access to it at home. Also I upload from my iPhone.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else experienced this?

Examples of my previously uploaded photos...

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/325707-we-were-only-human/

(As well as “The Gift” which is popping up as a link above 🙄 “Go To Page” to see the blurry photo upload example)

These are photos that I took myself with my phone, which are HD on my phone.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I'm just guessing, but I believe in an effort to keep data served to a minimum, the forum automatically compresses uploaded images into lower grade copies.

Otherwise, especially in busy threads that are viewed many times, images with a large amount of kilobytes would strain the server DUP is hosted from.

nightbirdblue
enbyblue
Dangerous Mind
United States 7awards
Joined 24th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 133

Thank you for your response JohnnyBlaze. I could understand that, and those were my thoughts as well. I realized my photos were well over the maximum data size allowed (100kb), so I tried re-uploading them after reducing their size to under 100kb in MS Paint. However in resizing them, I also lost the resolution quality. It just seems that I’ve seen other people post images along with their poetry that are crystal clear resolution. I also tried to send the images from my phone to my email in a smaller size, but my phone won’t even allow me to send them under 200kb. Have you ever used a photo editing program for resizing images without losing the resolution quality? Any suggestions on free programs?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I've been using a prehistoric version of Photoshop since the early 2000's and have no recommendations to offer at this time.

Page:
Go to: