Page:

Location of comment input box

SeaCat
Twisted Dreamer
England
Joined 18th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 12

When adding a comment to a poem, as far as I can tell, the comment box appears after the last existing comment.  If there are many existing comments, then this means that the comment box is far from the poem, and requires much scrolling up and down to allow reading of the poem (and copy/paste) whilst typing the comment.  This would be alleviated by positioning the new comment box immediately after the end of the poem.

poet Anonymous

This is actually a very good point. 👌🏻

... WebMiss?

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

There's also a comment button at the top of the comments (alongside the "commenting preference" text), which is a shortcut to take you to the comment box.

SeaCat
Twisted Dreamer
England
Joined 18th Dec 2017

thank you for your reply.  I tried that button, but the comment box still appears at the end of the comments, which means that the comment being typed is separated from the poem by all the other comments.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

SeaCat said:thank you for your reply.  I tried that button, but the comment box still appears at the end of the comments, which means that the comment being typed is separated from the poem by all the other comments.

I see your point! I have now added a "top of page" button to the comment box, and moved the "comment" button closer to the poem (next to the "like" and "reading list" buttons). These buttons allow you to view different parts of the page, without reloading it. Hopefully that helps with referencing the poem while writing comments.

SeaCat
Twisted Dreamer
England
Joined 18th Dec 2017

Thank you for your reply, and the changes, which I have just tried.  The location of the comment button is much better, and the "Top of page" works very well!

However, having tried it, would you be able to add a new button somewhere (perhaps the top /bottom of the poem (or both), or in the same group as "like" and "reading list" to return to the bottom of the comment list.  This, together with the new  "top of page" would allow easy flitting between the poem and the new comment.

Thank you and kind regards,

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

SeaCat said:Thank you for your reply, and the changes, which I have just tried.  The location of the comment button is much better, and the "Top of page" works very well!

However, having tried it, would you be able to add a new button somewhere (perhaps the top /bottom of the poem (or both), or in the same group as "like" and "reading list" to return to the bottom of the comment list.  This, together with the new  "top of page" would allow easy flitting between the poem and the new comment.

Thank you and kind regards,

This is what the comment button should do. Between the comment and top of page buttons you should be able to easily switch between the poem portion of the page, and the comment box at the end of the comments.

SeaCat
Twisted Dreamer
England
Joined 18th Dec 2017

Ah - I thought that pressing 'comment' would erase the new in progress comment and start a new one.

I have just tried it, and it works beautifully as you describe!  Thank you for the time and effort to make the changes and to keep me posted.

I am very happy with the way that it works now.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

SeaCat said:I am very happy with the way that it works now.

Great, thank you for the suggestion. I'm sure this will be useful to other members too.

Page:
Go to: