Go to page:

Perhaps, allowing 3 poems (vs 2) every 8 hours?

poet Anonymous

... where have I been condescending? I’ve done nothing but offer feedback to this thread?

Medinda
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2018
Forum Posts: 93

Thank you for the info.

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 87

No one knows, better than I, when my work has had sufficient revision to warrant posting...as long as I remain within the site's rules.  None of my posts are "half-arsed" as you suggested some pieces might be.  No sense in continuing this disagreement....especially in a forum all can read. ...where it may be embarrassing or negatively influence potential readers.  I hope that your "tone" will soften.   Thank you.    (Perhaps time would be better spent correcting male subscribers who pretend to be females and disciplining trolls and those who accuse others of being "Nazis"...no?) Casting aspersions on the work of others is counterproductive.)   Thanks

poet Anonymous

Sweet, let me be clear here - half-arsed is colloquial. It’s how I talk. For the record, I write half-arsed poems as well. That’s what I mean by half-finished. It ain’t a disagreement, because nobody is having a go at you. Like literally nobody. Not even me. What we’ve got here is a yank / limey dialect issue. That’s all.

That is my tone. I also swear like it’s going out of fashion, but don’t take it personally. Nobody else does. It’s just how I am. Also there’s better things for me to spend my energy on than wierd hidden DU politics I genuinly couldn’t give half a nugget about.

Anyway, carry on.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

PoetWarrior said:This my not be administratively feasible (or there may not be sufficient space, but how about allowing a 3 piece post every 8 hours...instead of the current limit of 2?

Thank you for your suggestion. I really don't have a good answer for you as to why it is 2 and not 3. Both are arbitrary numbers to some extent.

The main reason for the restriction is to stop new members from turning up and dumping their entire works and never taking the time to get involved properly in the site. Also, as others have mentioned, to maintain lots of variety in the "latest poems".

If you timed it to perfection you could squeeze out 6 poems a day within the current restrictions. I'm sure that some people can, and do, write more than 6 poems a day, but I'm unsure if I can be convinced that they do that every single day.

It has always been the case that some people think 2 per 8 hours is too many, and others think it's not enough. Despite that, it has seemed to work well for the last 9 years of DU, so I'd need a very good reason to change it now.

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 87

:-)  I believe it was George Bernard Shaw who said that "England and America are 2 peoples separated by a common language."  LOL   I have experienced this numerous times with my Brit Ex-Pat "mates" (I have a condo in Thailand).   Idioms can be a b**ch, and so is the absence of inflection of any/all emails.  I'll have a slice of humble pie & hope all this will be soon be forgotten by both of us.  

poet Anonymous

PoetWarrior said::-)  I believe it was George Bernard Shaw who said that "England and America are 2 peoples separated by a common language."  LOL   I have experienced this numerous times with my Brit Ex-Pat "mates" (I have a condo in Thailand).   Idioms can be a b**ch, and so is the absence of inflection of any/all emails.  I'll have a slice of humble pie & hope all this will be soon be forgotten by both of us.  

Happy too 🥧

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Medinda said:Thank you for the info.
Oh good, I hope I was able to help.  Take care.

(goes to microwave a dinner)

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

admin said:

If you timed it to perfection you could squeeze out 6 poems a day within the current restrictions. I'm sure that some people can, and do, write more than 6 poems a day, but I'm unsure if I can be convinced that they do that every single day.

Like she said, sometimes it happens, but not every single day.

Sometimes we take breaks and do other stuff, like draw ... and eat ... sleep if we can .....

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

JohnnyBlaze said:

Like she said, sometimes it happens, but not every single day.

Sometimes we take breaks and do other stuff, like draw ... and eat ... sleep if we can .....

Yes, that’s right!

Whoa, wait. Sleep. Sleep?? I knew there was something I’ve been forgetting to do!🤦🏻‍♀️

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

When does the 6 poem a day for 30 days commence?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

rabbitquest said:When does the 6 poem a day for 30 days commence?

NaPoWriMo 2019.

The real challenge will be to keep up with Ahavati and I.

Go to page:
Go to: