Page:

comp width alters poems

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

I like the idea of selecting poems for comps rather than a copy and paste approach, however, the more I read them in the squeezed in format, it becomes difficult to maintain the flow of the poem because the lines frequently are longer than the window frame. Perhaps moving the profile info and pic of the poet above or below the post would allow for a wider window so two or three words in a line don't drop down o the next line and cause a pause in the readers mind, thereby altering the meter and flow of the poem. Since meter and flow are a part of what is being judged in most comps, the size of he window could end up influencing the judges decision just because one poet writes lines a few words longer than another.
Putting the photo above or below the entry is one possible solution.
Any other ideas?
JJ

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

The layout and position of the profile image in threads adapts depending on the width (resolution) of the device you're using. In order to see what you see, please let me know what width are you're  viewing at, thanks.

If you're not sure, you can Google "what's my screen resolution" and use one of the sites which come up.

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

Thanks, I'll get back to you as soon as I figure it out, lol.

Page:
Go to: