Go to page:

Themes should be voluntary

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

So, me fello poetts, I did here do an experiment in the manner of aiding my abilities to search thee poetry,

In a google search I typed  Deep Underground Poetry "its in the cards"

and it gave me this:

Observational Poems : It's All In The Way One Looks At The Cards ...
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com › Home › Poems › Sad
It's All In The Way One Looks At The Cards written by Amorous_tryst in Observational ... https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10067/1020/.

I mean I'm just sayin' , google may come in handy when looking for a buried poetry lost among men.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

There's no doubt tags will at the very least give the poet a wider ocean in which to be read and more power to them for that. progress, people. thers' no getting away from it ..and it mightent  even be all that bad ..or better!

perhaps the ..we'll call it discontent is more to do with the 'mandatory' aspect of it all ..i do apologize in advance for going on a bit.

Tags help the poet in the same way exercise helps the human body <- now, I know that's deep as fuck, but I have faith.  hands up everyone who'd like to be forced into a gym every time they take a walk  

that said, I'm kinda on the fence about it all

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1371

Listen, I get the hash tag. I know what it is. I make use of them frequently on other sites. But even sites where the hash tag is used LOTS (Instagram, Twitter, etc) it’s still optional. I don’t have to tag my insta photos or tweets. If I want other people on the sight to possibly see them, I’ll add a #hashtag and get a few more likes than normal.

BUT I DONT HAVE TO!

I come here and share poetry (not so much anymore) so I can be read by a few and be relatively anonymous. I like being anonymous. Hell, I even pay so only people with accounts can see my poetry. But now that I’ve had to add themes, people who wouldn’t have found me, have found me.

And while that sounds great, for someone who just wants to read and comment and share a bit and have one little place in the world to not be found...it’s not great.

poet Anonymous

DaisyGrace said:Listen, I get the hash tag. I know what it is. I make use of them frequently on other sites. But even sites where the hash tag is used LOTS (Instagram, Twitter, etc) it’s still optional. I don’t have to tag my insta photos or tweets. If I want other people on the sight to possibly see them, I’ll add a #hashtag and get a few more likes than normal.

BUT I DONT HAVE TO!

I come here and share poetry (not so much anymore) so I can be read by a few and be relatively anonymous. I like being anonymous. Hell, I even pay so only people with accounts can see my poetry. But now that I’ve had to add themes, people who wouldn’t have found me, have found me.

And while that sounds great, for someone who just wants to read and comment and share a bit and have one little place in the world to not be found...it’s not great.
Very true. But you can be read and stay anonymous. But I get where you are coming from.

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

What Daisy Grace said.

BargainBinPoet
Bargain Bin Poet
Lost Thinker
Joined 3rd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 7

Don't lose the Erotica category...puhleez
My lady dump'd my pale, boney, ass, and all got to get me through Frustration Station is Erotica.

poet Anonymous

modifying comment, erasing

poet Anonymous

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14621

I agree with the tags in theory and understand how they could show up on searches; however, I get frustrated when there are none that match what I need, and I have to settle.  I have a growing list almost a page long I'll be happy to submit if desired.

poet Anonymous

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Ahavati said:I have a growing list almost a page long I'll be happy to submit if desired.
Sage, I hope you will submit all that’s on your list, yes. Many themes that I’ve suggested have gone through which is exciting!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14621

Jade-Pandora said:
Sage, I hope you will submit all that’s on your list, yes. Many themes that I’ve suggested have gone through which is exciting!

I will if she wants me to.  The latest was Native Americans and Jew/ish.

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 87

LOL!

Ely
E.A.Rothwell
Dangerous Mind
Mexico 6awards
Joined 20th May 2018
Forum Posts: 297