Go to page:

Blocking

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14271

Thank you, Viddax.  

I agree with everything you've said.  My situation was handled and positive changes were made to the site; however, sometimes people can't let go and do hold grudges.  I know the person who harassed and stalked me off site continued at every opportunity to engage me here on this site through forum posts, etc; the only difference is that he could no longer comment on my poetry, as I was finally able to block him.

As Johnny said, to keep the site pleasant for those who can let go and move on, extra measures sometimes need to be taken against those who can't.

It's sad but true nonetheless.  

Again, thank you.  

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Yes, Viddax you made the same interesting points in the new thread, not saying I agree with all of them but they are good points made :-))))))))))))))

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ahavati said:Thank you, Viddax.  

I agree with everything you've said.  My situation was handled and positive changes were made to the site; however, sometimes people can't let go and do hold grudges.  I know the person who harassed and stalked me off site continued at every opportunity to engage me here on this site through forum posts, etc; the only difference is that he could no longer comment on my poetry, as I was finally able to block him.

As Johnny said, to keep the site pleasant for those who can let go and move on, extra measures sometimes need to be taken against those who can't.

It's sad but true nonetheless.  

Again, thank you.  

Until there are complete blocking measures in place, I think the most important thing to remember in situations such as these is to keep an account of EVERY SINGLE TIME the person who was told to leave you alone has stalked, harassed, and/or attempted to engage you in forums, etc. EVERYTHING, so when you do go to the Mods or Webmiss, it will not be "he said/she said" - you will have undeniable proof of your claims without saying a word.

Screenshots are the best way to do this.  I know had it not been for all of mine  ( on and offsite ), the site would've all but been powerless to act. Thankfully, that wasn't the case because of the proof.

So keep that in mind if you're being harassed.   As far as private messages go, there is a little icon that you can click and send a message to Webmiss. Moderators do not see those messages - only Webmiss.  

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Blocking should mean blocking, just as No should mean No.  Unfortunately, to a bully it doesn't.   I have less than a handful blocked for a substantial reason ( mainly non-compliant harassment after requests ).  I don't block members because I do not like them.  I don't hate anyone. We all evolve in our own time.  For the most part, I simply don't want negative, passive/aggressive imprints out of a spiteful, "I'll do what I want despite your wishes" attitude in the comments of my poetry.  It's that simple.  

I'm going out on a limb here but I recently went to list and comment on one of your poems only to find I'd been blocked. As far as I know, I'd never done anything to you or been "warned off" for harassment. That makes this statement about not having those you don't like on your blocked list inaccurate, does it not? I was, quite frankly, surprised. It's not a big issue, I can respect your wishes. I'm just surprised by this statement, to be honest.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

FromTheAsh said:

I'm going out on a limb here but I recently went to list and comment on one of your poems only to find I'd been blocked. As far as I know, I'd never done anything to you or been "warned off" for harassment. That makes this statement about not having those you don't like on your blocked list inaccurate, does it not? I was, quite frankly, surprised. It's not a big issue, I can respect your wishes. I'm just surprised by this statement, to be honest.

Actually, I said "mainly" ( not exclusively );  thus, my statement is completely honest.

mainly non-compliant harassment after requests

And furthermore said "substantial reason" ( to me ).  

Therefore, I am surprised you are surprised if you respect my wishes, and being my statement was accurate.  I don't dislike you personally.  If you have questions please feel free to email me at the address we exchanged during NaPo.  If you've forgotten, it's poeticmedics@gmail.com.

Again:

I don't block members because I do not like them.  I don't hate anyone. We all evolve in our own time.

The decisions I make for what I feel is best for my own life, peace, and happiness have everything to do with me; and, absolutely nothing to do with me disliking you or anyone else.  Your public action alone, calling into question my true statement as false, stands for itself.  You could've asked me if it was a simple mistake instead of challenging my integrity.  But no. . .D.R.A.M.A.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

There are quite a few hypocritical statements in this thread and some downright lies. In fact, some of the things said on here are parts of a continuing campaign of harassment (Ironical much). It is even more evident that a complete block is preferable to me. I mean for instance. Somebody says they endured a lot of harassment over a period of time. How do they know, they must be constantly reading the alleged harassers posts and poems? Why? Why would you do that? It is probably the case that it is simply there in front of our eyes and we are S&M curious. Now imagine a world where blocking meant blocking, a world where we don't see anything that the blocked person ever writes. This is not an issue of compliance to a bully's demands for preferential treatment should anyone have the right to prevent people from taking part in public forums just because the last person to post on it is the offender that is neither just nor fair and it's against the guidelines. Its is against the DU guidelines to try to prevent another member enjoyment of the site. With total blocking, this would prevent so much unhappiness and would stop untoward people in their tracks. The reason I don't tend to block is the blocking makes no real difference. I would implore the Webmiss to try and establish the option of FULL Blocking. There is one option that takes will power and that is to ignore and not read anything the offender writes, most will get bored after a time of no responses, but this is difficult because some writings are so vile and targeted and sometimes your friends point out vile things that you may have missed. It has taken me over a year bullying, lies and harassment to learn this lesson "Don't retaliate and fuck with them, just adopt the attitude of fuck em and don't read a single vile word they write. A real blocking facility here would be so much easier. I still think that it should be our right to block anyone we wish for any reason and not be able to see their BS that would have saved me a lot of pain and grief

for clarification purposes, I have only ever been targeted for such treatment by two people. These people are an extremely noisy and active minority but I still feel that complete blocking would be a really valuable tool

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

There aren't any hypocritical statements nor downright lies in this thread by me.  I have screenshotted proof of my year-long harassment on and off site ( including comments on my poetry despite the commenter having been told to leave me alone ).  But, I don't have to worry about that anymore now that I can block him, so it's a moot point.

The point is, there is nothing hypocritical nor dishonest written by me in this thread. Period. And, any additional member who doubts is more than welcome to email me at the address provided to Willow above.

Now, I've offered my suggestions regarding blocking; I've said what I have to say; it's time to enjoy the site ( now that I finally can again ) and poetry this morning.  

poet Anonymous

To quote another member that feels largely appropriate about now .... jaysus.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

There are lies, damn lies, statistics, the pot and the kettle, Hippo Crates, life is a video about me, me, me, Arent I wonderfools, the eyes wide shut, the legs wide open, the no holes bard, social engineers and final front ears, the pokers of bears and the bare pokers, Jaysus still feeling cross and the devil in a blue dress. There are scum, those who cum and those who talk out of their bum, the serious the delirious. There will always be screenshots, potshots, hotshots and those who just need to be shot. there are friends, ex-friends enemies and enigmatic enemas. There are foes, ho's demented crows, temporary lows. Low brows, high brows internet browse.

DU and Social media is a microcosm of real-life the good, the bad, and the incredibly ugly and, any people who obviously don't own or reflect in mirrors. There are not so subtle comments that people can be easily identifiable. Names are not mentioned I was taught this by two professional exponents of this as a martial art. There are comments on both these blocking threads that are proof positive that a full blocking tool is so necessary

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

A Positive Intent
As I said I have been bullied for over a year this has included:
Lies upon lies
vile poetry written
vile comments made
sarcasm about having no legs
laughed at and belittled because of a disability
told to commit suicide
sarcasm for having mental health issues
sarcasm for being impotent
ex-girlfriend recruited and pumped for insider information (lies)
this information was twisted and used for vile comments and poems
info also used to make false complaints (Proven false)
continually stalked with attempts of intimidation
recruited other poets and with slanderous lies and got some to ignore me
sabotage attempted on a group I was running
People falsely warned off from participating in this group
sarcastically accused of playing the victim role, when I am in fact, a victim and a survivor
sarcastically accused of playing the disabled card, when I am actually disabled
accused of being a:
legless cowboy
a narcissist
a dick head
a crap poet and critiquer
a bully
so may stump references
and lots of other vile crap
Attempting to destroy my reputation
destroying anything I tried to do
started to campaign to get me removed from being a MOD (Successful)***
constantly broke DU guidelines (Unpunished)
a large number of victims, some leaving the site altogether
a provable history of bullying and intimidation
I have had a genuine unreserved apology spat back in my face
e-mail address hacked
Youtube account temporarily was taken down
Poems and videos were taken down and banned from Facebook (All restored successfully)
threats from Face book of de-platforming
anonymous threats of physical violence
anonymous Death threats

All this has happened if the short space of just over a year

The thing about these kinds of people is that they are all bottom feeders. They pick out those they perceive to be weaker or in a bad place. They do not pick on people who are strong and will fight back because they are inadequate cowards. But beware, they can do some very serious damage especially to fragile hearts and minds and DU has many by its very nature. It is only a matter of time before we have a DU related suicide. This is not mellow dramatic it is my own actual honest experience. I was always taught to stand up to bullies, not to let them off the hook. I campaigned against such behaviour for my entire career. The internet revolution has put paid to that with people being able to hide in the shadows and be unidentifiable. It is now a very different game and will never be stamped out, it is now impossible. Anonymous VPNs, Photoshopped evidence, Catfishing; the future will all make this kind of behaviour so much easier. It has taken me over a year of extreme misery to formulate some conclusions (some that go against the grain and my established moral code)

***(Note to the Webmiss) I now actually agree with my removal as a MOD. I made the mistake of retaliating sometimes like for like against my assailants and I concur that this was a mistake on my part. It was my chosen path to retaliate and I should, as a MOD, have been above that kind behaviour. Which I now offer her my sincere apologies

And so to the positive solutions that I would recommend:

The 12 Rules For Internet Life - An Antidote to Bullshit - (Not by Jordan Peterson) by David Macleod

1. If bullied, harassed or berated - take screenshots and report these to the MODs every time it happens
2. Block the assailant/s
3. Do not retaliate like for like
4. Ignore the public comments from your assailant/s
5. Ask friends to not contact you with info concerning you assailants
6. Ban yourself from reading every word they write
7. Campaign for a Facebook-style blocking tool on DU
8. Never take your assailant/s behaviour as personal (They are just sick individuals)
9. Never feed the trolls they will end up ruling your life
10. Try to avoid Gossiping with your friends about them (an unproductive waste of time)
11. Only respect those who treat you with respect (respect must be sought and earned)
12. If it happens once, it will happen again. Do not trust someone when your trust has been broken

I write this as my final statement of intent:

I am blocking my two assailants
I will not read another vile word they write
I will not retaliate even when provoked
I will not enter any of their competitions nor will I comment
I will not comment on them at all
I have asked my friends not to report to me on my ex-assailants words
I will not allow anyone to steal my power or enjoyment of DU and will treat people all the same
Love and respect gets love and respect, disrespect demands blocking
I am unable to lead or assist in a campaign for zero tolerance (Sadly)

I will campaign for an extensive block function on DU (Separately and unrelated to this issue and for the good of the site)
I will campaign for the practice of multiple accounts to be stopped (Separately and unrelated to this issue and for the good of the site)

* Note: This reciprocal deal was offered about six months ago to my two assailants. As per their nature they spat it back in my face and carried on regardless, they do to this very day.

this will be my final word on this subject and my two assailants. Yes, I have lost but it is seriously no loss at all. This will now be my chosen path and a necessary one. I only wish I had followed it a long year ago, but upwards and onwards, lessons learned

so it is written, so it will be done
(Still smiling like a smug twat LOL)
(I am a new broom just not flying on one)
DU "The Best Poetry Site On The Internet"

David Macleod xxxxx :-)))))))

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

David_Macleod said:A Positive Intent
As I said I have been bullied for over a year this has included:
Lies upon lies
vile poetry written
vile comments made
sarcasm about having no legs
laughed at and belittled because of a disability
told to commit suicide
sarcasm for having mental health issues
sarcasm for being impotent
ex-girlfriend recruited and pumped for insider information (lies)
this information was twisted and used for vile comments and poems
info also used to make false complaints (Proven false)
continually stalked with attempts of intimidation
recruited other poets and with slanderous lies and got some to ignore me
sabotage attempted on a group I was running
People falsely warned off from participating in this group
sarcastically accused of playing the victim role, when I am in fact, a victim and a survivor
sarcastically accused of playing the disabled card, when I am actually disabled
accused of being a:
legless cowboy
a narcissist
a dick head
a crap poet and critiquer
a bully
so may stump references
and lots of other vile crap
Attempting to destroy my reputation
destroying anything I tried to do
started to campaign to get me removed from being a MOD (Successful)***
constantly broke DU guidelines (Unpunished)
a large number of victims, some leaving the site altogether
a provable history of bullying and intimidation
I have had a genuine unreserved apology spat back in my face
e-mail address hacked
Youtube account temporarily was taken down
Poems and videos were taken down and banned from Facebook (All restored successfully)
threats from Face book of de-platforming
anonymous threats of physical violence
anonymous Death threats

All this has happened if the short space of just over a year

The thing about these kinds of people is that they are all bottom feeders. They pick out those they perceive to be weaker or in a bad place. They do not pick on people who are strong and will fight back because they are inadequate cowards. But beware, they can do some very serious damage especially to fragile hearts and minds and DU has many by its very nature. It is only a matter of time before we have a DU related suicide. This is not mellow dramatic it is my own actual honest experience. I was always taught to stand up to bullies, not to let them off the hook. I campaigned against such behaviour for my entire career. The internet revolution has put paid to that with people being able to hide in the shadows and be unidentifiable. It is now a very different game and will never be stamped out, it is now impossible. Anonymous VPNs, Photoshopped evidence, Catfishing; the future will all make this kind of behaviour so much easier. It has taken me over a year of extreme misery to formulate some conclusions (some that go against the grain and my established moral code)

***(Note to the Webmiss) I now actually agree with my removal as a MOD. I made the mistake of retaliating sometimes like for like against my assailants and I concur that this was a mistake on my part. It was my chosen path to retaliate and I should, as a MOD, have been above that kind behaviour. Which I now offer her my sincere apologies

And so to the positive solutions that I would recommend:

The 12 Rules For Internet Life - An Antidote to Bullshit - (Not by Jordan Peterson) by David Macleod

1. If bullied, harassed or berated - take screenshots and report these to the MODs every time it happens
2. Block the assailant/s
3. Do not retaliate like for like
4. Ignore the public comments from your assailant/s
5. Ask friends to not contact you with info concerning you assailants
6. Ban yourself from reading every word they write
7. Campaign for a Facebook-style blocking tool on DU
8. Never take your assailant/s behaviour as personal (They are just sick individuals)
9. Never feed the trolls they will end up ruling your life
10. Try to avoid Gossiping with your friends about them (an unproductive waste of time)
11. Only respect those who treat you with respect (respect must be sought and earned)
12. If it happens once, it will happen again. Do not trust someone when your trust has been broken

I write this as my final statement of intent:

I am blocking my two assailants
I will not read another vile word they write
I will not retaliate even when provoked
I will not enter any of their competitions nor will I comment
I will not comment on them at all
I have asked my friends not to report to me on my ex-assailants words
I will not allow anyone to steal my power or enjoyment of DU and will treat people all the same
Love and respect gets love and respect, disrespect demands blocking
I am unable to lead or assist in a campaign for zero tolerance (Sadly)

I will campaign for an extensive block function on DU (Separately and unrelated to this issue and for the good of the site)
I will campaign for the practice of multiple accounts to be stopped (Separately and unrelated to this issue and for the good of the site)

* Note: This reciprocal deal was offered about six months ago to my two assailants. As per their nature they spat it back in my face and carried on regardless, they do to this very day.

this will be my final word on this subject and my two assailants. Yes, I have lost but it is seriously no loss at all. This will now be my chosen path and a necessary one. I only wish I had followed it a long year ago, but upwards and onwards, lessons learned

so it is written, so it will be done
(Still smiling like a smug twat LOL)
(I am a new broom just not flying on one)
DU "The Best Poetry Site On The Internet"

David Macleod xxxxx :-)))))))

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

^ Empty-quoting as a sign of respect.

Go to page:
Go to: