Go to page:

Add an "Authors notes" section

samael
Zaroff poetry
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 3rd Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 69

you could see about adding an optional "authors notes" section in the "submit poem" screen
that way we could add tid bits of either what the poems about, what it's inspired  by,if its up for contest,links of inspiration, etc.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Thank you, that's a great suggestion, I will look to add this feature reasonably soon.

TylerZ
Tyler
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 6

That would be cool to have and something I would love to see happen.

dark_horizons
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 27th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 5

Just got here today.  Haven't put any poems out yet (this is participation post # 3 so I can), but that would be fantastic.  

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

samael
Zaroff poetry
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 3rd Aug 2017

Killer,you rock DUP.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

admin said:This feature has now launched, yay!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/dispatch-box/discussion/803/

This is a welcome feature and I’m pleased as punch that today it’s a reality!  Before, whenever I published my work and added an author’s note or post script, it always seemed to take away or distract from the piece.  So I cheer how the designation is now clean & clear & appropriate to visiting readers.  Well done! 👏👏👏

samael
Zaroff poetry
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 3rd Aug 2017

when you post in the Author's Note section it deletes part of the text sometimes but if you go back in after its posted and add it will stay.
there may possibly be a bug to work out there.
i composed a good bit of Author's Note to a poem posted it and 3/4th's if it deleted and i said to myself " fuck" lol.

poet Anonymous

samael said:when you post in the Author's Note section it deletes part of the text sometimes but if you go back in after its posted and add it will stay.
there may possibly be a bug to work out there.
i composed a good bit of Author's Note to a poem posted it and 3/4th's if it deleted and i said to myself " fuck" lol.

It’s been doing this to me as well! I thought I was going mad

samael
Zaroff poetry
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 3rd Aug 2017

it's a trick statement we're all mad here in the underground lol. i'm sure it will be a simple future fix.

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5262

same here, tried editing the author's note 6 times, still leaving out the last two words added there. Appears the character limit of the text box is somehow getting curtailed at the time of the execution.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

During an Execution,

I think a couple of missing words
is the last thing on most peoples minds.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

cold_fusion said:same here, tried editing the author's note 6 times, still leaving out the last two words added there. Appears the character limit of the text box is somehow getting curtailed at the time of the execution.

I worked out a few things which might have been causing the last bit to get cropped off, related to line breaks and a few special characters. Hopefully the character count will be more accurate now and I also limited it to 800 to ensure everything gets saved.

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5262

admin said:

I worked out a few things which might have been causing the last bit to get cropped off, related to line breaks and a few special characters. Hopefully the character count will be more accurate now and I also limited it to 800 to ensure everything gets saved.

Thank You Dear Webmiss.
Appreciate the prompt response.

I tried a few times and unfortunately (not foault of yours of course) still the last word is being cropped out. I checked the character count and my author's note that i tried on my penultimate posting here is only 150 characters long.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Thanks for reporting, this recent issue should now be fixed.

Go to page:
Go to: