Go to page:

Share a little about you..I, for one, am happy to meet you..

WhiteHeartWayne
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 1

I grew up wanting to be like Del Boy
I'm 42 this year, I'm a Grandad. Interesting-ish :1)
Mia love her too bits.

poet Anonymous

[quote-412064-Stillborn]Well let me start by saying I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't shared so much since I've been around over 5 years. I truly enjoy this place and the variety and diversity of poetry and poets.
I began writing short stories and poetry as a means of dealing with trauma. I wrote some in high school as therapy for childhood abuse, but later as an adult to help with PTSD. I'm very much an introvert, but I truly do love people and enjoy interaction in a safe place.
My love of poetry stems from some early reactions I got as a child. People found my style so believable that they often worried about my well being! I actually find this to be my favorite thing about poetry. Trying to master words to illicit a response or an emotion.
I recently began to support this site and really want to spread my wings and be more interactive. So know that I deeply respect this craft, and all of the poets here. Thanks for being an amazing and inspiring group of artists. [/quote

Hey Stillborn, thanks for letting us in a little. You have had more than your fare share of difficulty, to put it mildly, that life has thrown at you.
I hope everyday is a little bit easier for you. Five years is a long time on here, and you are right in saying how much amazing content there is on DUP.

poet Anonymous

[quote-412781-Arty78] Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Hey Stillborn, thanks for letting us in a little. You have had more than your fare share of difficulty, to put it mildly, that life has thrown at you.
I hope everyday is a little bit easier for you. Five years is a long time on here, and you are right in saying how much amazing content there is on DUP.

SPYRO6
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 3

My artistic abilities within my drawings and poetry...i feel is as close as you can see into my soul. I am a artist who cannot be understood,  my pain is expressed in explicit content by expression of pain hidden deep inside my heart.  I am not much of a fan to my drawings or poetry...but enjoy being able to find a sense of escape from my madness this way. As I do I enjoy reading and seeing beauty of expression by others and their pain. S. Spyers 2018

slipalong
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 41awards
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 825

I am a retired engineer (electrical) I mend every thing to save the planet and started writing to stave of the impending threat of creeping A&D in society. I love the freedom of the site see my poem (Deep Underground) a small dedication for what you do,regards slipalong (76)

AnimaInvictus
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 1

My love of poetry has recently come from a really heavy personal experience. Something inside me opened up as I felt the world closed in around me. Its be amazing for the development of my "soul" (for lack of a better term)

iowahuman
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 19th Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 42

fifty-two years in a town of three hundred.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

I'm a 36 year old mother of 8 children with another on the way any day. Been happily married for the past 18+ years. I'm an experimental, artistic dreamer who's home life keeps my feet on the ground and my day more than full.

Poetry became a passion for me only a year and a half ago or so, after the birth of my 8th.

Shortdontstop
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 7

I'm 30 and work two kitchen jobs. My aspirations are to be able to live off my writing and have freedom to travel at any given time.. I'd share more but my break is almost over, lol

Tio
Lost Thinker
Ethiopia
Joined 6th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 7

Hey Strange Creature, noticed we got the same name🙂
That's deep.
Wish I can help

Lucian-Hodoboc
Lucian Hodoboc
Strange Creature
Romania
Joined 19th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 5

I'm an aspiring Christian writer, poet and artist from Eastern Europe. I am a member of various internet online communities, I used to make videos on YouTube and decided to join DeepUndergroundPoetry.com because it seemed like a nice place to discuss with other like-minded people. I hope you are a friendly group. See you around!

Go to page:
Go to: